Owners from GT PP to 350GT

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
I’m thinking about going to a 350gt. I do not track and will be more of a daily or weekend car. Is it worth the jump? I feel as if I will miss the deep exhaust note of the GT 5.0... Has anyone been disappointed with the GT350 exhaust note being higher pitched and raspier. I wish we could keep the chrome trim interior pieces like the toggle switches in the GT as opposed to the Matte black trim on the 350.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
In general, GT350 owners will tell you it's worth it. GT owners will tell you it's not worth it and FPC is just a gimmick. I don't see any compelling reasons in your post that favors the switch.

For a GT350 owner like myself, a GT was never a consideration. The GT350 just has *It*. Either you get it, or you don't. There's not really a middle ground.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I thought I wanted a Bullitt before I bought my GT350. I drove the Bullitt and likes it a lot but there was something missing. My first drive in the GT350 I knew I had found the right car. The shifter and transmission made all the difference for me. Then you add on the 8250 RPM, VOODOO sound, handling and it becomes the whole package. Trust me you will never look back.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I just went from an '18 Gt premium with PP1 to an '18 GT350. This was a very good move and apples and oranges in cars. I will add the GT350 was used with 600 miles but $10k off the MSRP so the $$ hit was palatable.

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
I hear you on the exhaust note.. I typically like the deep sounds.. I don't think you will miss it... My opinion, the GT350 sound with res delete is intoxicating. I find myself down shifting to get the crackle and pops and love going through the gears. It's a unique sounds and people will snap their necks trying to see what it is going by. I did not renew my Sirius subscription because I typically just listen to the exhaust.

Sponsored

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
We went from the 15' GT to the 17' GT350. Miss the torque but love the top end and the song the car produces. Easy for every day use in traffic (Seattle) and cruising.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Went from a 16 GT PP to a 17 GT350. In summary, if you have the means to, DO IT!

My biggest issue with the GT PP is that the transmission is absolutely horrid. If Ford would have stuffed a Tremec in the GT they would have an excellent car.

I had Roush Axle Backs with the FRPP X-Pipe, it was the most similar sounding exhaust setup to the GT350 but still doesn't even come close to the pure f@#$ing magic that is the Voodoo.

The GT350 is an intoxicating experience like no other Mustang, everything is spot-on.

Jimichrist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Went from a 16 GT PP to a 17 GT350. In summary, if you have the means to, DO IT!

My biggest issue with the GT PP is that the transmission is absolutely horrid. If Ford would have stuffed a Tremec in the GT they would have an excellent car.

I had Roush Axle Backs with the FRPP X-Pipe, it was the most similar sounding exhaust setup to the GT350 but still doesn't even come close to the pure f@#$ing magic that is the Voodoo.

The GT350 is an intoxicating experience like no other Mustang, everything is spot-on.
I own a 2015 GT PP and you are certainly correct. The car looks and sounds great, but the transmission is absolute garbage. I ordered up a '19 GT350 without hesitation. I've never driven a GT350. I've never even sat in a GT350. I have HEARD a GT350. That was enough for me.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
All the above! I sold my '18 GT PP and bought a '19 GT350. Significant differences IMHO.

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
I did this switch by happenstance. I picked up a preowned ROUSH 17 with all the goodies, save the supercharger. It was a fun car and I should have kept it. Overall, I was happy with it. I sold it and my R8 in one transaction. Then I went 4 months without any joy in my life. I started looking around at different cars including a Ferrari Cali and Porsche 911s/gts/4s. Then I starting thinking about the GT350. I hopped into this site to learn about all the things that go wrong with them and owner experiences.

I found a local preowned 350 in the color I wanted, with the options I wanted for less than 50k. I had to try it. My R8 had an amazing sound due to a custom made resonated exhaust I added. The Roush sounded very good due to the roush exhaust. The 350 sounded better than the roush and different, not worse than the R8.

Overall, except for the plastic interior, I’m very happy with the budget choice 350. The drivetrain is excellent. The fake suede steering wheel is dumb, so I wear driving gloves so it doesn’t end up looking like crap.

The torque and engine response of the 350 drivetrain was worth the switch. I recommend it, especially for the price.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I went from a 2015 GT to a 2016 GT350. I had previously owned a 2011 Brembo GT and the 2015 GT seemed slower and milder. I frankly was kind of sick of GTs and bored with them.

I by far preferred the GT350 interior over the GT. And I never got tired of the sound and power of the Voodoo engine.

I don't know why I feel differently than many others, but I thought the MT-82 in my 2015 GT was quite good. I didn't like the Tremec box in the GT350 as much, especially at first. But the Tremec is a good unit and as it gets warm and through its life it just keeps working better and better.

Two other things that I really liked were the ride (Magneride is amazing) and the forward visibility. People don't talk much about how much better you can see out of the GT350 than a regular GT. It's something you will appreciate every time you try to negotiate around tight corners in a parking lot. I remember running up onto a curb in my GT once because I couldn't see it. After that I was always very careful and didn't do it again, but in the GT350 you can see so much better that it isn't a problem.

I could write a book about Magneride. Just know that it is really great, especially the tuning that Ford used in the GT350.

And the brakes. The GT350 brakes are by far better than GT brakes. There's no comparison. I really miss those brakes.

My opinion is that Ford did so many things to the GT350 it's difficult to even remember and account for all of them. When you drive one, the sum of all those parts makes the GT350 very different than a regular GT. And in my opinion a GT350 is totally worth the higher price.

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Here’s the other catch, I don’t need two cars... so the other car is a 18 C7 Z06 a8. I also toyed at Cl63amg, panameras, granturismo, s63amg, but finding this 17 GT was like the sweet spot even tho it’s a Ford typically cheaper interior craftsmanship and materials. Yet I really enjoy this GT especially with the 6 speed and Borla ATAK catback. The Z06 is nice but I’ve only put 1400 miles on the car in almost 2 years. It’s just not a car you can drive everyday anywhere. I’m working out numbers with 2 dealerships both Ford selling the 19 GT350 at msrp. Just seeing what they can do for my trade in value for both cars.... might be too ugly to do.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Two other things that I really liked were the ride (Magneride is amazing) and the forward visibility. People don't talk much about how much better you can see out of the GT350 than a regular GT. It's something you will appreciate every time you try to negotiate around tight corners in a parking lot. I remember running up onto a curb in my GT once because I couldn't see it. After that I was always very careful and didn't do it again, but in the GT350 you can see so much better that it isn't a problem.
Man, I gotta say.... I drove a small econbox car prior to the mustang, and the mustang's hood line was something to get used to for sure. I haven't driven an 18, but I would imagine it's also better than the 15-17 for front visibility.

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I came from a 15 GT PP Premium w/ Roush phase 1 setup. I don't regret going for the GT350 one bit. It was worth every damn penny and more. The car is a different animal than the GT.

Even in stock form, it sounds better, it handles better, looks better, and ive done a few mods to make it just that much more.

I highly recommend fixing shifter buzzing from the lockout spring or getting a MGW unit as your first mod, the thing is SO annoying. MGW shifter is amazing btw.

Edit: Did I mention it also stops better??
Sponsored