Sponsored

owner of prev gen Stang no likey the S550 (Jalopnik review)

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I read it and he doesn't say he dislikes it. He called it "great". His gripes were sound, interior quality, and price. A lot of decent points in there, but to me it just sounds like someone who's justifying hanging on to his 2007.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Sounds like someone who can't afford a new one. This car gets compliments everywhere I go. You never saw that with a 2007. Plus this car performs way better...no nose dive braking, no jacked up rear end, no junk interior.

The new one essentially has a boss 302 engine, sexy lines, incredible interior, handles way better.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Sounds like someone who can't afford a new one. This car gets compliments everywhere I go. You never saw that with a 2007. Plus this car performs way better...no nose dive braking, no jacked up rear end, no junk interior.

The new one essentially has a boss 302 engine, sexy lines, incredible interior, handles way better.
:headbang::cheers::thumbsup::clap2:

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
As a previous 2005 owner that had good power.... this guy is out of his mind. But hey...opinions, right? lol

Sponsored

yjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP MT GT
People always resist to changes and need to justify keeping the old car for financial reasons. If a person has unlimited fund, who the hell will keep the old clunker unless its for sentimental value. In reality, rarely any new car is worse than the old one, especially in the auto industry.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
This comment is hilarious. It is showing a picture of the premium car with the toggles as well.

The interior looks much better but the quality of the materials still feel cheap when you start playing with things.
And trust me when I say this: these buttons will mostly definitely break off. Things will start to fall apart in this car, just like it did on mine. When you operate them, you realize that they're nothing more than really flimsy plastic.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
That dude is on smack. What the hell? I can notice a huge difference in every way from just my '11. I swear to God if this car had a blue and white circle or a star on the hood Jalopnik would beat off to it every night. Jesus.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
"I kept wandering around the parking lot looking at all the Mustangs lined up next to each other and then after a while they all started to blend together making me think that I was standing in the middle of a rental car lot." That's how he feels about them. Lots of people love the new mustangs and lots dont like it. It is what it is and will always be like that.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
keep in mind that the Jalopnik crowd, of which that group is entirely composed of, are not exactly known for being the apex of enlightened automotive thought. They throw debunked back around like they were gospel truth like the incredibly old and disproven rumor that the Mustang gained 300 pounds in this generation.
The author of this article chose about as heavily loaded a GT that you can possibly get and then complained when the price was $45,000. The author claims he got his basically maximum loaded 2006 Mustang for $24,000 which means that he got it for significantly below MSRP which was likely somewhere in the 25 to 26 thousand dollar range. He then compared it to the MSRP on the new car without even providing the incredibly easy to get X plan price.

when it's all said and done the car cost about $10,000 more adjusted for inflation then the car he purchased 10 years ago. that being said it comes stock with power levels that would have required a supercharger to reach on the 4.6 and a suspension that would have required at least coilovers, sway bars and a Watts link to reach on the S197. look for subjective so I won't criticize him on that, the rest of the article is crap and so are the comments

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I think the car let him down with a 45k sticker price, well he bought a v6 back in the day for 25k that kinda explains why. But for a loaded mustang you can get a luxury brand car, the only thing mustang is not offering in my opinion is the name. This car has enough luxury and an amazing engine for even 45k! As a complete package you are still getting more compared to the other similar equipped cars. He missed the point there!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
His writing style and overuse of italics is horrible. I think we found a nominee for worst review yet!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
keep in mind that the Jalopnik crowd, of which that group is entirely composed of, are not exactly known for being the apex of enlightened automotive thought. They throw debunked back around like they were gospel truth like the incredibly old and disproven rumor that the Mustang gained 300 pounds in this generation.
The author of this article chose about as heavily loaded a GT that you can possibly get and then complained when the price was $45,000. The author claims he got his basically maximum loaded 2006 Mustang for $24,000 which means that he got it for significantly below MSRP which was likely somewhere in the 25 to 26 thousand dollar range. He then compared it to the MSRP on the new car without even providing the incredibly easy to get X plan price.

when it's all said and done the car cost about $10,000 more adjusted for inflation then the car he purchased 10 years ago. that being said it comes stock with power levels that would have required a supercharger to reach on the 4.6 and a suspension that would have required at least coilovers, sway bars and a Watts link to reach on the S197. look for subjective so I won't criticize him on that, the rest of the article is crap and so are the comments
OppositeLock is mostly terrible because you have people that assume they know everything when the reality is so far from it b

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
I think the car let him down with a 45k sticker price, well he bought a v6 back in the day for 25k that kinda explains why. But for a loaded mustang you can get a luxury brand car, the only thing mustang is not offering in my opinion is the name. This car has enough luxury and an amazing engine for even 45k! As a complete package you are still getting more compared to the other similar equipped cars. He missed the point there!
I have owned my 2007 Mustang GT...
It's a v8 actually. And I think the price complaint is a valid one. Of course I have the same complaint about trucks as well. I can't blame Ford...it's simply the state of the industry.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I love how he makes it sound like the MUCH nicer interior will just magically fall apart and that's the basis of his whole argument. He also complains about the exhaust note while at the same time praising how customizable the car is. GET SOME AXELBACKS lol
Sponsored