The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I agree with the 100% the Mustangs fault Manders. The other car shouldn't have crossed oncoming traffic without looking. But certainly the Mustang driver was driving without due car and attention. In fact both probably.
The other car probably cross going "yeah im giving caution" the mustang was full on hooning it at like 60+mph in what looks like a 30 zone... The mustang was probably very very far away when that silver car started it's action, and was 3/4 complete of it's maneuver when the mustang twatted it...

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd book the motorcyclist for riding on a doorway/cycle lane. And setting off (at speed) from the previous junction before the signal turns green!

But seriously, I'd say there's fault with both. As Manders and the HWC points out, it should no lights = unmarked junction. No one has right of way. If the mustang was speeding I'd expect that would add to his share of responsibility. Insurance nightmare!

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
What's the speed limit on that road?

The mustang flew through that junction, if the bike saw the lights where out then the stang driver was either driving too fast to notice the lights were out or was driving carelessly and not notice.

The other vehicle was probably looking at the motorbike slowing and assumed he had right of way which is why he turned. He also acted carelessly though as he did not check for oncoming traffic.

I think speed could be against the mustang unless it's a 40 mph limit

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Yes spot on with that analysis although say it was more the fault of the other car for turning. Id say 70/30 other car!
I completely disagree..... 70/30 fault of Mustang driver IMO....

The motorcyclist certainly recognised the hazard and approached with caution:thumbsup:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I completely disagree..... 70/30 fault of Mustang driver IMO....

The motorcyclist certainly recognised the hazard and approached with caution:thumbsup:
I'm mostly in agreement with this. My earlier point was that bikers are taught awareness of other traffic and instinctively know that getting it wrong is painful. His slowing down may well have given the oncoming car the idea that he was being allowed to cross as per unmarked junction. I think the Mustang's speed is the issue here. He should have been going slow enough to be able to stop whether the lights were out or not, and he must have been able to see they were out or otherwise he wouldn't have been able to see they weren't on red.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550

Mostly silver cars fault but the The Mustang driver has a bit of responsibility, I'd be curious to see how it turns out insurance wise as with no proof of speeding, I see it completely going against the little silver car.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Mostly silver cars fault but the The Mustang driver has a bit of responsibility, I'd be curious to see how it turns out insurance wise as with no proof of speeding, I see it completely going against the little silver car.
Bit different as it's a hazard he's approaching, joining a main road from a side road, the joiner is at fault as the person on the main road has the right of way. However, when a junction like that is taken on, you're meant to treat it as a stop junction. Or so i was taught, and so is my missus being taught that, got an ear ache off her for rolling up to a stop junction and taking it on a roll (She's doing her test in a august).

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang drivers fault 100%
The lights were clearly not working. All other traffic was proceeding slowly and at caution. He was not observing the road conditions and carrying far too much speed. The bike slowing should have set alarm bells ringing even if he didn't spot the lights.
It's videos like this that make me think everyone should have an enforced 6 months riding bikes before they are allowed in a car, or be forced to take and pass a ROSPA course.

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Mustang drivers fault 100%
So you're saying it's ok to pull across the path of oncoming traffic, even if you can see there's going to be a collision...?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
So you're saying it's ok to pull across the path of oncoming traffic, even if you can see there's going to be a collision...?
If it were an unsignalled turn then sure the blame would be reversed, but the fact that the turn was signalled with defective lights puts the blame on anyone going faster than a crawl.
Sponsored