RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
To the originator of this thread: fellow HPP owners have shared their experiences. This is a great function of an online forum like this! I wish that Ford would pay attention to the feedback of their customers on the types of equipment decisions they make.
From what I've seen of interviews of the Ford reps. the ebhhp was for the autocross, auto x crowd and come with tires that are for those track events, not really street use tire.
I have found that even in 60* temps they are lacking traction till warmed up.
I wanted everything the ebhhp package offered, and have to deal with the oem tires that are more at home at a tract event than the dirt public streets. They are coming off come spring. I don't fault Ford for using these tires, as the package is designed for the auto x /autocross type events.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
From what I've seen of interviews of the Ford reps. the ebhhp was for the autocross, auto x crowd and come with tires that are for those track events, not really street use tire.
I have found that even in 60* temps they are lacking traction till warmed up.
I wanted everything the ebhhp package offered, and have to deal with the oem tires that are more at home at a tract event than the dirt public streets. They are coming off come spring. I don't fault Ford for using these tires, as the package is designed for the auto x /autocross type events.
I'm an AutoX fan and bought my HPP specifically to AutoX, which I have. If this were the case, why would you use an 80 TW tire, which is neither legal nor competitive? You'd choose a 200, like the A052 or similar.

I think they were just trying to grab something reasonably sticky which would put up good magazine numbers and to hell with their actual qualities as a tire. They're really bad. When you're on the first 1/2 of tire wear, they are touchy to warm up. On the last 1/2 of the tire wear, grip drops dramatically and they *don't* warm up without really leaning on them, but you don't want to, because they suck to drive. The limit is fairly high, but they have very little communication through the steering or seat at the limit, the breakaway characteristic are very sharp and recovery sucks. I got wheelspin and a nasty inadvertent drift (I'm pretty sure I got extra style points for it, but I shit my pants in the process. I wasn't trying to go fast, just accelerate into traffic. ) on an entrance ramp when these were getting worn on my car just by the car coming into boost, no shift or anything. I was happy to get them off and put on some Firestone Indy's.

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
Brand-new 2022 2.3L HPP + Handling Package owner here. I'll add my $0.02 to the discussion. I ordered the Handling Package because I really wanted the MagneRide dampers, 6-piston Brembo brakes, and Torsen rear diff. The Corsa4 tires? Useless to me - I live in Michigan. It's cold (like, depths of Winter Hell cold) here 5-6 months of the year. My plan from Day One was to swap out the Corsas for something a bit more reasonable. I currently run Michelin Pilot Sport AS3's on my 2011 5.0, and they've been outstanding. So that was my first choice - but the Michelins are currently unobtanium in the 265/40R19 size. I ended up going with Bridgestone Potenza RE980 AS+. So far, I've been extremely pleased with them. We've had everything from sub-freezing mornings to extremely unseasonable high 70's over the two weeks I've had the car, and the RE980's just hook up without any drama. I have no plans to ever track or AutoX my HPP... just spirted backroads drives. This car will need to tackle the occasional snow/ice-covered road this winter (yeah, yeah...winter tires are better...), but the RE980's seem like a reasonable compromise given that they wear an M+S rating and the tread has more aggressive siping than my old Pilot Alpin PA3's (which, for the record, were PHENOMENAL).

Anyone interested in a set of four Pirelli Corsa4's with only 15 miles on them? 😎
IMG_3231.jpg
Sponsored