Sponsored

staggered wheels and tires

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Are there any concerns that a Newbie should take into consideration when ordering wheels and tires of different dimensions for the staggered apearance ?

What concerns should I be aware of when Mounting to the 2015 Mustang ?

Are wheel spacers needed when mounting wheels and tyres ?

Where is the best place to order Lug nuts since American Muscle is out of stock ?

I am 2 days away from ordering them !

Regards Brian .
Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
i am running FR500 20" staggered with some thin tires, rides good no problems. my rear spokes were really close to the brake calipers tho.

OP
OP
Brian V

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So a 3/16 th wheel spacer would be prudent for a bit of comfort .
I just want to order evrything that would be required for the proffessional installation of these and surely can afford a proper fitment .

Or is there a spacer for proper fitment to the hubs that will suffice and ensure that the wheels have full contact to the hub ?

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Running the GT PP staggered setup, no issues.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Spacers depend on your backspacing and offset. What wheels are you running, what offsets, widths, etc?

Over in the tire and wheel section theres need for speed motorsports or something, they would be the guys to talk to about spacing and such, even if you don't buy anything from them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brian V

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spacers depend on your backspacing and offset. What wheels are you running, what offsets, widths, etc?

Over in the tire and wheel section theres need for speed motorsports or something, they would be the guys to talk to about spacing and such, even if you don't buy anything from them.

Well any how I have been extremely busy with this idea and work of course and I thought I should atleast get back to this thread and share what I have learned from this Journey todate .
AMR Dark Stainless . 20 x 8.5 Front , 20 x 10 rear Nitto NT555 , 255 35ZR 20 front 285 30ZR 20 rear .
Steeda Subframe Bushings and I have something special for the calipers when I manage to get more sleep and time to get to them .

I know ,,,,,,, Springs ......and a real spare tyre !
20150606_174402.jpg

Last edited:

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Just so you know (if you didn't) one of the biggest disadvantages with staggered setups is that you cannot rotate your tires for even wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Well any how I have been extremely busy with this idea and work of course and I thought I should atleast get back to this thread and share what I have learned from this Journey todate .
AMR Dark Stainless . 20 x 8.5 Front , 20 x 10 rear Nitto NT555 , 255 35ZR 20 front 285 30ZR 20 rear .
Steeda Subframe Bushings and I have something special for the calipers when I manage to get more sleep and time to get to them .

I know ,,,,,,, Springs ......and a real spare tyre !
I was looking at those wheels. Could you post some more pics. Looks good.
Sponsored