Sponsored

FBO + 100 shot on E85 2015 mustang gt

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Search out Alejandro Flores & VMP (and others) vids on the 18+ vs 15-17 intake manifolds. 40 hrsprs advantage for the 18+ @ 7500 RPM. That would be a notable gain.
If the gain is that much, that will be beneficial. I didn't realize it was that much at that rpm.
Sponsored

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Congratulations! Finally another nitrous car! It seems like a lot of people view nitrous as the Black Plague and prefer to steer clear of it. I would like to hear more about your setup and see some pics if possible.

- Is it a wet or dry kit, plate or nozzle?
- What supporting mods are you running with your kit?
- Auto or manual tranny?
- Any 1/4 mile times naturally aspirated?

I just finished up my nitrous install too (wet plate kit, jetted for 150 hp). I hope get my nitrous tune next month when the weather breaks.
What brand did you go with? Do you mind sharing? Im interested.
Any other mods?

Just put my nitrous system and ported 2018 intake manifold on and due for a retune in a week or two. I'm going to run a 100 shot and I was curious what numbers you guys think I'll make? Before I made 465 whp on corsa longtubes w/ corsa xtreme catback & pmas intake on E. Now I've added a machine ported 2018 mani & 100 shot of nitrous. Let me know what you guys think I'll make.
Congrats on your nitrous setup! Which brand did you go with? From what I read about nitrous, its safe to say you'll get anywhere from 100-110 rwhp increase. Im not too sure about the 18 manifold, although I heard porting the manifold is worthless from a "Cost vs Effect" aspect. I see you have a 15 Gt, so you'll see gains with the manifold itself.

I wouldn't think you'd need a retune if you had a wet kit. Dry kit, yes.. Maybe I'm wrong.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Any other mods?
Sure! Please see threads related to my nitrous setup below. In addition to nitrous, I am running LTH with high flow cats, Steeda x-pipe with factory active exhaust, Steeda STH Kit, differential bushing kit with through bolts, motor mounts, differential brace, subframe bushing support kit, subframe alignment kit, billet aluminum vertical links and a Tri Ax race shifter. I also have Lund pump, flex and race tunes and will be having them write me a nitrous tune as well.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/coming-soon-nitrous-install-on-my-fbo-2019-bullitt.151347/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pmas-cai-need-help-please.154155/

OP
OP
lavish5.0

lavish5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Vehicle Showcase
Any other mods?

Congrats on your nitrous setup! Which brand did you go with? From what I read about nitrous, its safe to say you'll get anywhere from 100-110 rwhp increase. Im not too sure about the 18 manifold, although I heard porting the manifold is worthless from a "Cost vs Effect" aspect. I see you have a 15 Gt, so you'll see gains with the manifold itself.

I wouldn't think you'd need a retune if you had a wet kit. Dry kit, yes.. Maybe I'm wrong.
Thanks, I went with a nitrous wet kit and the manifold was already machine ported with lockouts when I bought it from my homie. I'm getting the retune so he can back off on the timing a bit for the nitrous.

Ivan214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0 GT Triple Yellow
Any updates? Would appreciate more experience from members.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Unfortunately, there’s not a lot of info. about nitrous on here. I wish there was though. It’s a really good power adder and deserves to be discussed. Try Nitrous Coyotes on FB, they have some good info. on nitrous.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, there’s not a lot of info. about nitrous on here. I wish there was though. It’s a really good power adder and deserves to be discussed. Try Nitrous Coyotes on FB, they have some good info. on nitrous.
I'm just waiting on H2O2 injection.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
lavish5.0

lavish5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Vehicle Showcase
Yessir. I ended up only doing a 30 shot on e85 & made 500whp because I maxed out my stock fuel system safely since it take 2x as much e85 opposed to pump gas... I made 550whp on pump gas with a 150 shot. Im planning on upgrading the fuel system soon so I can do the 150 shot with e85 and my tuner estimated me making 620+ whp!!! I'll keep you updated on that.

OP
OP
lavish5.0

lavish5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Vehicle Showcase
Got a bit of additional info if you need it.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Im thinking about nitrous as well. But i would only be doing a 50 shot. Mostly just for colder air temps with my whippled 18. I dont know if i would do a wet or dry kit. I would see what my tuner says he wants me to get along with any other gismos.

Just bouncing the idea of a baby shot, or killer chiller around. Ice tank is on the table too but that wont help much for driving on the street unless i put a ice maker in the trunk, lol.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My brother did a 40 hp dry shot on his 1998 built Cobra with a Vortech SC. I don’t know this for sure, but I’ve heard whatever the nitrous shot is, the power increase is double because of the cooling effect. If you don’t want to get a retune, I would suggest a wet kit. You could sneak up on the perfect air/fuel ratio and check it with your data logging.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know this for sure, but I’ve heard whatever the nitrous shot is, the power increase is double because of the cooling effect.
False. For sake of argument, lets say a '50 shot' you may only gain 45 hp, or you may get 70 hp. To many variable for it, that's why nitrous cars are inconsistent.
Sponsored