**Coming soon: Nitrous install on my FBO 2019 Bullitt**

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
After careful consideration as to which power adder to install on my 2019 Bullitt, I have decided to return to nitrous again. I will be running the Nitrous Outlet GT350 plate kit and Dual Channel ProMax Controller, along with a heated bottle holder, fpss, purge kit, remote bottle opener, boost-a-pump and other miscellaneous supporting components. I plan to go with 150 hp jetting and a custom Lund nitrous tune for E85. I will run the car at the drag strip at some point to fulfill a personal goal of running low 10’s or high 9’s in the 1/4. Aside from that, the car will be mainly enjoyed on the street.

I’ve searched the forums here and there seems to be very little information on S550 nitrous users. Is there anyone here that can share their personal experiences on what to expect from a nitrous car on E85, such as, how will the stock twin disc clutch, transmission and rear end handle the moderate hp increase? Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Cool Man, good luck. Around here nitrous is not a popular power adder. Please make a thread detailing your nitrous progress. I may throw on a set of long tubes and go same route myself. My tuner says he can build me E85 nitrous tune as well.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Saying a little prayer for your piston rings. I had nitrous on my 363 Windsor race motor. Tuning was a nightmare. But car nannies have come a long way since carbarated winsors. Good luck.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Check out the nitrous coyote group on Facebook. Lots of good info there.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Cool thanks guys! I will definitely make a thread of the install and check out the Coyote FB page.

bluebeastsrt, I sure hope the piston rings will survive. I am definitely not cutting any corners on the install. I’ll be really good electronics for activation, along with the required safety devices. The last time I used nitrous was in my 2013 GT and everything worked out great!

Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
As for the car, it will all handle it quite well. As mentioned, these cars have plenty of ninnies to keep things in check as well as the bearings, cylinder walls, rings etc. also happening to be extremely robust. Your stock clutch will definitely deal with it for a while but will be taxed a bit more so expect it to wear out sooner. Other than that, make sure you've got the means to get it all to the ground. Keep us posted :muscle:

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Will do Jordan. Thanks!

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here‘s an email that I sent to Nitrous Outlet’s tech department, followed by their responses To my questions. I wanted to share this information with potential nitrous users in an effort to help us all learn how to safely employ it on our S550 engines with E85, since there isn’t a whole lot of information readily available on it.

Me:

Hello Nitrous Outlet, I just ordered one of your GT350 plate kits for my 2019 Bullitt which has a factory GT350 intake on it. In addition, the car has long tube headers, high flow catted x-pipe and Lund Racing tunes for 93 octane fuel, Flex Fuel and E85 Race. I have data logged and all tune parameters looked great according to the tuner at Lund. Note: I will be running a JMS Fuel Max boost-a-pump and will work with Lund for a custom nitrous tune. I have a few questions regarding nitrous for my car.

1. Can I safely spray 150 shot on E85?
2. What is the correct nitrous and fuel jetting for E85?
3. How much timing retard is needed for safety?
4. Is there anything else that I would need to make the kit as safe as
possible for my car, such as a specific spark plug?
5. My rev limiter is set at 7900 RPM? Having said that, what would you
recommend I set the Dual Channel ProMax Controller on/off RPM at?
6. Is there an oxygen sensor and catalytic converter safe race fuel that would provide better and safer performance over the E85?

I think that covers all of my questions for now, unless you guys can
think of something else that I may need to consider. Thanks

Nitrous Outlet Tech:

Hello,

1. Yes, 150 is about the max I would spray while pulling fuel from the rails, but it will work fine.
2.https://nitrousoutlet.com/files/jetting_charts/Jetting Page Cards/jc1-jet-card.pdf Has all of our jetting for your plate.
3. The recommended timing retard amount is 2* per 50 hp of nitrous. I would start at 6* for the 150 shot.
4. You will need to run a colder plug with either a copper or silver core, and a non-projected tip. I would recommend the Brisk RR12S.
5. For manual vehicles, you want to set the nitrous to shut off 300-500 RPM before your SHIFT point. For autos, you typically want to set it to turn off after your shift point, but before your rev limiter.
6. E85, as long as it tests out at E70+, is a solid fuel for up to a 300+ shot of nitrous.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
A 150 wet shot on E85 ought to hit pretty hard. I bet your 600/650 whp range.
That would be great! I know the MT-82 is the weak link in the drivetrain, but I am hoping the 150 shot will be enough to help me run at least mid 10’s in the 1/4.

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I remember Lund running 10’s on 100 shot 18 a10. He said if you could spray a 150 shot through the shifts it would be a 9 second ride with appropriate traction/drag pack. Best of success on your install.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I remember Lund running 10’s on 100 shot 18 a10. He said if you could spray a 150 shot through the shifts it would be a 9 second ride with appropriate traction/drag pack. Best of success on your install.
Thanks IrishStallion! You wouldn’t happen to have a link to that Lund post would you? I’d like to take a look at it to see if it contains any Additional information that may be helpful.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
"I think once we can spray through the shifts, the car may very well have a 9 in it on a 150 shot. — Terry “Beefcake” Reeves, Team Beefcake Racing

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think WOT shifts will require the use of a WOT Box WildHorse. I was thinking of purchasing one, but haven’t because I’ve heard that it will eat up cats on the 2 step. If I purchase one, I would want to see the full benefit of it with the 2 step launch and WOT shifts.
Sponsored