Sponsored

Other pro's and con's of the Performance Pack?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
See I'm on the other side of the coin. I have enough to worry about with home/auto repairs so I'm not looking at whatever car I buy as a project. I want it ready to go right out of the box and then I'll maintain/repair whatever needs it.

And since I'm used to driving old family friendly Subaru's (mostly)...even the base model without PP would be a giant leap forward. But with the PP, it should be amazing.

...now I just have to find one that I can actually test that has a PP. None of the dealers around here have any.

-Emt1581
For you, absolutely get it. You won't regret it. I still do have some regret not going with it, but my rational mind and my wallet is happy I didn't.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
See I'm on the other side of the coin. I have enough to worry about with home/auto repairs so I'm not looking at whatever car I buy as a project. I want it ready to go right out of the box and then I'll maintain/repair whatever needs it.

And since I'm used to driving old family friendly Subaru's (mostly)...even the base model without PP would be a giant leap forward. But with the PP, it should be amazing.

...now I just have to find one that I can actually test that has a PP. None of the dealers around here have any.

-Emt1581
Where in PA are you?

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Where in PA are you?
Opposite edge of the state...about 10 min from Jersey and 45min from Philly.

-Emt1581

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
^ this

you should have seen my last car :lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Ciocca has several dealerships (Quakertown, Souderton) that have Mustangs with PP in stock.
Good people, very helpful.
Tell ya what, to be honest, I hadn't looked at them but yes, excellent suggestion!!! Ciocca has 10-15 dealerships in a 2 mile stretch down in Q-Town... :eyebulge:

I'll get on it!

EDIT: This is what I found there...looks to have the Premier interior as well although I could be seeing wrong. Hopefully this weekend I can get there to check it out.

http://www.cioccafordquakertown.com...d-Mustang-GT_Premium-Quakertown-PA/2666242823

Thanks

-Emt1581

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Tell ya what, to be honest, I hadn't looked at them but yes, excellent suggestion!!! Ciocca has 10-15 dealerships in a 2 mile stretch down in Q-Town... :eyebulge:

I'll get on it!

Thanks

-Emt1581
Please post your thoughts!! I was pretty blown away the first time I drove one (GT PP, Premium).

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

I'll get on it!

EDIT: This is what I found there...looks to have the Premier interior as well although I could be seeing wrong. Hopefully this weekend I can get there to check it out.

http://www.cioccafordquakertown.com...d-Mustang-GT_Premium-Quakertown-PA/2666242823

Thanks

-Emt1581
That looks like the standard Ebony, the stitching on the seats is hard to tell the difference, but if that is in fact the sticker, there's not a $395 line item for Premier interior. A super nice car nonetheless.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
That looks like the standard Ebony, the stitching on the seats is hard to tell the difference, but if that is in fact the sticker, there's not a $395 line item for Premier interior. A super nice car nonetheless.
The easy way to tell is the number of lines of stitching on the bolsters on the seat bottoms. They are almost always in interior pictures.

Two lines of stitching for normal leather and three lines of stitching for premier.

Premier:

Regular:

Sponsored

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
One con today i found is when I was driving and hit a bad cycle of lights. You know, when the light turns green and you take off but with congestion you hit a red at the next light and never get to go more than one green at a time.
Anyways, every time I took off at the light (it was only about 45-50 degrees so I tried not to take off too hard) everybody passed me with the 3.73s as I was trying to drive gently. Part of me started wondering if I would have been better served with 3.31 to take off harder and use less RPM.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The easy way to tell is the number of lines of stitching on the bolsters on the seat bottoms. They are almost always in interior pictures.

Two lines of stitching for normal leather and three lines of stitching for premier.

Good reference, but unfortunately, the one interior photo for that car was pretty terrible. When I was shopping cars, I got pretty good at picking out the Premier and obviously if it was Redline - what I ultimately got - or the sticker was shown clearly, it was no problem :)

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic

-Emt1581
Ditto. You will not regret getting the Performance Package as long as the staggered wheels and lack of a spare is not a concern to you.

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
Ditto. You will not regret getting the Performance Package as long as the staggered wheels and lack of a spare is not a concern to you.
Agreed! I'm at almost 2K in my base GT with PP and I couldn't be happier. What a blast! Drove in my first snow this week (new Continental DSWs on) and the car handled great. I put 120 pounds of salt bags in my trunk and no issues at all.

It surprises me how many drivers cite gas mileage as a consideration between regular GT and GT with PP. If you're getting a V8 Mustang of any configuration, haven't you already decided that gas mileage is not really an issue for you? If I was worried about that I'd get a Honda. And the good news is that gas is cheap (relatively) nowadays.

batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
One con today i found is when I was driving and hit a bad cycle of lights. You know, when the light turns green and you take off but with congestion you hit a red at the next light and never get to go more than one green at a time.
Anyways, every time I took off at the light (it was only about 45-50 degrees so I tried not to take off too hard) everybody passed me with the 3.73s as I was trying to drive gently. Part of me started wondering if I would have been better served with 3.31 to take off harder and use less RPM.
I live in the DC area so I am used to this kind of traffic. When I am in a similar situation I will start in 2nd and I will not have this issue.
Sponsored