Sponsored

Other pro's and con's of the Performance Pack?

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Maybe some HIIT.
Yeah yeah....believe it or not I am starting to work out again after taking a year off. Definitely need to lose 20-30lbs. But I highly doubt it's going to make me like the Recaro's any better. ;)

-Emt1581
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'm an averaged build guy 6'1 195lbs and the Recaro's side bolsters didn''t feel good, IMO. They need to be adjustable.
This made me chuckle and remember my 89 Shelby Daytona. The power seat in that car drove me batty because it had so many adjustments, if there was ever a poster child for memory seats that car was it.

Besides the typical forward/backward, up/down and seat back angle it had pneumatic lumbar & thigh support, angle adjustment on the seat base plus the bolsters on the seat base and back were adjustable. It would take me 20 minutes to get it back to feeling the same after my wife drive it.

Dave

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
One con I found with the performance pack....maybe it's just me, but does the larger radiator take longer to warm up by a noticeable margin? I know it's bigger and it'd make sense. On the test drive, the GT 3.31 seemed to warm up pretty immediately. My PP takes longer.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I dont think coolant temp is read at radiator and it shouldn't affect warm up times. Maybe a different thermostat in pp gt's??

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
One con I found with the performance pack....maybe it's just me, but does the larger radiator take longer to warm up by a noticeable margin?
The radiator shouldn't even be used until the engine is up to temp unless the thermostat is stuck open.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
He us saying until the thermostat opens, th radiator us just a " holding tank" for the coolant. Once the thermostat opens, water flows from radiator to block then back to radiator to get cooled.

Is this not common sense?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Pro - Brembos, 3.73's, Suspension and Wheels.

Con - Higher Initial Price

If you're going to DIY, it may be slightly cheaper to do it yourself but for the headache I would have gone through. I said no thank you.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Pro - Brembos, 3.73's, Suspension and Wheels.

Con - Higher Initial Price

If you're going to DIY, it may be slightly cheaper to do it yourself but for the headache I would have gone through. I said no thank you.
Right. And aside from the gearing, sure I can install struts, calipers, pads, rotars, etc...but for the quality level the PP gives, and since I'm getting it cheaper by buying used anyway....why not??

-Emt1581

Sponsored

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
As much as I love the PP package I love my non-PP CO 6-spd premium GT more.

Less IS more in this case. Car is just as fast if not faster with the lighter rims/tires, better as a DD hands-down, and I'm missing nothing other than the words Brembo, some horrible summer-only tires (sorry the PP tires suck - if I'm going with a performance tire it's going to be a set of Michelin PSS's).

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack

Less IS more in this case. Car is just as fast if not faster with the lighter rims/tires, better as a DD hands-down, and I'm missing nothing other than the words Brembo, some horrible summer-only tires (sorry the PP tires suck - if I'm going with a performance tire it's going to be a set of Michelin PSS's).
Sounds like you're pretty jealous that you couldn't be part of the elite performance pack master race. It's ok, not everyone has a 6 pack.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base

Valid point. Never drove a pp GT but only a non PP GT... Ended up ordering an EB WITH the PP(cant afford gt yet) which essentially adds to the base EB the goodies on the base GT. To me they seemed like a must amd dont think will negatively impact DD....

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Sounds like you're pretty jealous that you couldn't be part of the elite performance pack master race. It's ok, not everyone has a 6 pack.
for once I agree lol