Sponsored

Other pro's and con's of the Performance Pack?

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Agreed! I'm at almost 2K in my base GT with PP and I couldn't be happier. What a blast! Drove in my first snow this week (new Continental DSWs on) and the car handled great. I put 120 pounds of salt bags in my trunk and no issues at all.

It surprises me how many drivers cite gas mileage as a consideration between regular GT and GT with PP. If you're getting a V8 Mustang of any configuration, haven't you already decided that gas mileage is not really an issue for you? If I was worried about that I'd get a Honda. And the good news is that gas is cheap (relatively) nowadays.
My thoughts exactly....drives me crazy :frusty: I also don't get how the 3.73s make it that bad. Highway I will get 25/26 babying it on a long trip, and my average commute is 25 miles each way (18ish highway 7ish city) and I still get an average of around 20 mpg even with the additional city driving to/from the gym etc at night and driving it very hard whenever I get the chance. To me buying a mustang for the gas mileage is like buying a gun and worrying about how much ammo will cost. If you're worried about spending money on the fuel, then you probably should look at a different car.

I live in the DC area so I am used to this kind of traffic. When I am in a similar situation I will start in 2nd and I will not have this issue.
^This. You don't even need first unless you want to get on it lol. :cheers:
Sponsored

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
My thoughts exactly....drives me crazy :frusty: I also don't get how the 3.73s make it that bad. Highway I will get 25/26 babying it on a long trip, and my average commute is 25 miles each way (18ish highway 7ish city) and I still get an average of around 20 mpg even with the additional city driving to/from the gym etc at night and driving it very hard whenever I get the chance. To me buying a mustang for the gas mileage is like buying a gun and worrying about how much ammo will cost. If you're worried about spending money on the fuel, then you probably should look at a different car.

^This. You don't even need first unless you want to get on it lol. :cheers:
Yep, never understood that either. I have a boring Accord with 219k miles if I want good MPG. I am only at 3500 miles, and still got around 23 mpg on my last road trip.

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
To me buying a mustang for the gas mileage is like buying a gun and worrying about how much ammo will cost.
Which is a real concern for many gun owners, just like MPG is a real concern for car owners, whether they're buying a V8 or not.

Just because they want their cake and the ability to eat it too doesn't mean it's a stupid decision - for some people, that 3-5mpg difference matters between PP and non-PP

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Which is a real concern for many gun owners, just like MPG is a real concern for car owners, whether they're buying a V8 or not.

Just because they want their cake and the ability to eat it too doesn't mean it's a stupid decision - for some people, that 3-5mpg difference matters between PP and non-PP
guess it wasn't the greatest example lol....i was thinking of the guys who get a handgun and admit I may shoot 100 rounds a month at the max and then are worried about the price of ammo/what caliber to get, wasn't thinking of guys who shoot a lot.

to each their own....not saying it's a stupid decision (i do like money/saving money), it's just an oxymoron to me :shrug:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, never understood that either. I have a boring Accord with 219k miles if I want good MPG. I am only at 3500 miles, and still got around 23 mpg on my last road trip.
I have an Accord for a daily driver (32 mpg), so I wouldn't have to make those compromises. Not everyone can do that, so I get it. My GTPP gets 18+ all the time so it really isn't that bad. I would have bought it if the mpg was 12 :D

Sponsored

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
I noticed this thread is geared towards the GT PP, but any info on the Ecoboost PP?

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Ditto. You will not regret getting the Performance Package as long as the staggered wheels and lack of a spare is not a concern to you.
Well I'm not thrilled about the staggered wheels and I plan to get a full size spare front wheel to serve the purpose of a spare for any of the wheels.

So not big enough issues to be deal breakers.

Thanks

-Emt1581

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yup. And while I can melt (older) wheel weights into bullets and reload my own ammo...can't exactly cook up dino juice.

At the same time, my Subarus only get 18-20mpg so the Mustang will actually be a step up in efficiency at times. :clap2:

-Emt1581

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
guess it wasn't the greatest example lol....i was thinking of the guys who get a handgun and admit I may shoot 100 rounds a month at the max and then are worried about the price of ammo/what caliber to get, wasn't thinking of guys who shoot a lot.

to each their own....not saying it's a stupid decision (i do like money/saving money), it's just an oxymoron to me :shrug:
Best example of pricey ammo is my .460 S&W Mag. That thing is a real hoot to shoot! However...the price of the factory ammo is insane! Yet when I cast my own bullets and reload... I think it's somewhere around .25/rd. so compared to $1-$2 per round...not a bad deal.

-Emt1581

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Best example of pricey ammo is my .460 S&W Mag. That thing is a real hoot to shoot! However...the price of the factory ammo is insane!
-Emt1581
Yeah, I have the same issue with my 50 BMG... :lol:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have the same issue with my 50 BMG... :lol:
Consider reloading. I haven't bought the dies but I've got the powder and primers. Just not high on my list at this point since I have several hundred rounds and none of the ranges I belong to allow it....pussies! :mad:

-Emt1581

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

3 to 5 mpg!?

No way there's that much difference.

watchdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp premium
I noticed this thread is geared towards the GT PP, but any info on the Ecoboost PP?
I had a 2015 ecoboost pp and now have a 2016 gt pp.

The 3.55 in the ecoboost definitely helps "pep" up the cars acceleration, along with bigger (gt) brakes, firmer handling, upgraded dash with oil and boost gauges and 6 speed manual. When I first got mine I instantly was impressed how better it drove, cornered and breaked over my previous 2012 Gt with brembo package.

It is lower cost (1700.00) over GTs performance package because it does not include many of GTs featuires (brembo front brakes, torsen dif, larger radiator, offset tires...

As long as you are ok with limitation of summer tires and driving a stick I think its worth every penny. The rims that come with it are the best looking Ford has in IMO especially if you order Midnight Black like mine was.

If you want upgraded handling and appearance in a Mustang and do not plan on doing extensive mods, PP is way to go for me.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
The eco with the PP is available with an auto.
Sponsored