Sponsored

It's still slow - My 2016 GT

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Finally picked up my 2016 GT from Koons Baltimore on Saturday - I've mentioned it in a couple of threads now, but I can't believe how good of an experience I had with them. 5k below MSRP before incentives, which was far better than anyone else. Mind you, this was on an ordered car and not something that had been sitting on the lot.

Big thanks to [MENTION=10008]LethalPerformance[/MENTION] for the hookup on most of the mods. Great pricing, great customer service for sure.

The thread will mostly just be a log for my own sake, I guess, of snapshots, mod list, etc. Probably won't be any very good photographs in here, but I'll try to get some once in a while.

Current:
Engine -
UPR Catch Can
Lund Racing Flex Fuel tune
MRT H-pipe resonator delete
JLT CAI

Driveline -
Boomba racing shifter bracket
Boomba Racing short throw shifter handle

Exterior -
Redline hood struts
Roush hood extractors
Velgen VMB9 in Satin Black with MT Street Comp 275/35 and 305/35
Diode Dynamics switchbacks and reverse LEDs
Anchor Room taillight and marker tint (yet to be installed)
Plasti-dipped emblems
Gloss Black Avery vinyl roof
Grille delete

Interior -
GT350R steering wheel
Lund Racing nGauge
GT350 shift knob
Diode Dynamics interior lights

Planned:
Engine -
GT500 mufflers, Stainless Power O/R Longtubes
GT350 IM (next year, maybe)

Exterior -
FRPP black trunk panel
Refinish the Velgens in Bronze (I bought them second-hand)
Lower with Koni Yellow and appropriate progressive spring

F2zracv.jpg

mc88yRq.jpg

EFkFiGl.jpg

4zlTEui.jpg

QJGgLBd.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Installed a Boomba shifter handle and GT350 knob today. Have to wait overnight for the Loctite to set, but looking forward to seeing how it feels.

uRydOdX.jpg

wI7zmnx.jpg

fPQZglw.jpg

3Jz9VHd.jpg

OP
OP

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Did some more modding last week, only have a couple pics.

Diode Dynamics switchbacks, interior LEDs, and reverse bulb
35% tint
Gloss Black roof vinyl
Plastidipped all of the emblems
Satin Black Velgen VMB9 with M/T Street Comp 275 and 305/35/20

rNdLehD.jpg

VVAIZxU.jpg

MVXCZ0P.jpg

Think I'm done with appearance mods for the time being. Still need to install the resonator delete, and figure out if I like that sound or if I need to go for mufflers as well. Also on the fence about tinting the tail lights or not.

OP
OP

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Looking good!
Thanks! I installed my MRT resonator delete H pipe today. Still not as loud as I was hoping, I think I'll probably keep my eye out for a pair of 11-12 GT500 mufflers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
More mods today...

I hit 1000 miles and all is looking good with the car, so I decided to change the oil and flash my Lund Racing FF tune. First, I wanted to delete my grilles and install the JLT...

I noticed I'm getting a little bit of rust on the front of the car - to my knowledge, my car has never seen salt. What gives?
sZHYaHT.jpg

Grilles deleted: Really not very difficult, just takes a little while to get the front valence off. Lethal's instructions are pretty good for this. I had some difficulty with taking the grilles out of the valence until I worked out a good system of pry->pull->pry->pull etc.
BH4AVIr.jpg

JLT installed, thanks to Vinny and everyone else over at JLT for hooking me up with the missing parts that the guy on FB failed to include with my second-hand intake..
cieyF0v.jpg

Now time for the tune...
gfkaODs.jpg

And the finished product.
W5NpLzX.jpg

I haven't had a chance to really run the FF tune, I'm nearly empty so I'm going to go fill it with E85 and give a full review. Between the intake noise and the quicker throttle just driving around city streets, I'm very satisfied with all of it. I also love the way the grille turned out. If you're patient with the dremel and take your time, you can get some nice clean lines with a little bit of additional sanding. Very easy to DIY.

My GT350R wheel finally came thanks to Benny at Levittown Ford, so I might install that really quickly today.

Oh! I almost forgot, I installed my Boomba shifter bracket as well. Installation was fairly easy, but I wish I would have done it when I did the resonator delete, there would have been a lot more room. Again, simple as pie if you just follow the instructions on Youtube. Just a little tough to get your hands in there.

Shifts are quite a bit more firm, the shifter feels more sure of itself when you're going through gears. Again, I want to test this out a little more with the tune this afternoon

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I would get some touch up paint along that seam pronto! Good prep first though.

(Going to look under mine - also bought from Koons a week before you did.)

OP
OP

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I would get some touch up paint along that seam pronto! Good prep first though.

(Going to look under mine - also bought from Koons a week before you did.)
Yup, just add "scour the undercarriage for rust with a wire brush and rustoleum" to my summertime to-do list.

In other news, I installed the GT350R wheel that I got from Benny at Levittown Ford. I lucked out and ordered early enough to get the original pricing.

tRh0yJJ.jpg

7E5MOpe.jpg

The install is so easy once you've done it before, lol. The longest part was running upstairs to grab a flathead and wrap it in electrical tape to pry the bezels off, because the GT350 wheel is juuust slightly thicker than the OEM wheel so you can't get your fingers under the outside.

A tip for anyone looking to install their own: Pry from the outside (furthest from the center of the wheel) of the bezel, they pop right off. They will not come off if you try prying along the top/bottom/inside because there are clips all over the place.

OP
OP

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I also got a chance to smash the pedal a little bit with the Lund FF tune on 93 - holy shit. Along with the increased HP, the throttle response is much nicer, especially in the midrange. The car doesn't feel like it takes ages to decide to accelerate between 2-4.5k anymore. Loaded it with e85 today, I'm waiting for the car to learn the fuel before I go have fun with that. It was neat to see the ALCH_PCT PID climb from 15% after I filled up, and see the KNOCKR PID adding timing as it saw higher and higher octane fuel.

Sponsored