Sponsored

Other Drivers Behavior

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
When driving the Mach 1 around where I live, the cars that always seem to think we're racing are mostly Teslas and random economy cars (Honda/Toyota/etc)

I've also had one brief encounter with a Ram TRX which left him wishing for more top speed.

Oh and someones comment earlier about positive attention from women is spot on! Ladies young and old have approached to compliment my car; specifically the color.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Almost bought a used one in 1996 that was in pretty pristine condition on a Chevy lot. I was there to look at the Corvette Gran Sport back in the day. They wouldn’t give me the price I wanted so I ended up buying my ram air Trans Am.
You just needed more patience. I negotiated for nearly a year for my new one. Went to dealer when word first came out it would be produced. I offered whatever MSRP would be. They insisted on $5k over. Then apparently the manager decided to corner the market and bought out allocations from every dealer in AZ and maybe further. Really dumb idea for 2 reasons (1) people paying a premium want to be first on the block and only in the neighborhood, (2) they were significantly slower in hot weather which tends to happen in Phoenix. The latter meant it was only king of the streets at night for part of the year. Lol.

They started rolling in and within a month I got a call saying they would take my MSRP offer ($26k+ IIRC). I said that ship had sailed and offered $2k under. Rinse and repeat several time over the months to com.

I was driving by about a year after first visit and saw several still sitting on the lot. I stopped and noticed one had been built almost a year before. I sent a letter to the owner and suggested we have a birthday party for that one. Next thing I know there is a new manager and I get a phone call. It was right at end of year or quarter, and they offered $8k off MSRP if I bought that day. So, 50% of MSRP swing between their original price and the sale price. I had long past lost interest in buying it and only played at negotiation over the year when they contacted me. But could not pass it up at that price and dealer humiliation.

PhillyMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2015 Dodge Durango RT
aggressive behavior from other drivers in the form of tailgating, intentionally swerving into my lane, and I even had someone aggressively follow me
Um, this is just normal driving here in Philly. With a couple of fun and welcome exceptions, I never noticed another driver reacting or behaving differently when driving my GT vs my Durango RT.

I'm not saying what you are feeling is wrong, just that it may be simply the way things are today and not related to your car.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Um, this is just normal driving here in Philly. With a couple of fun and welcome exceptions, I never noticed another driver reacting or behaving differently when driving my GT vs my Durango RT.

I'm not saying what you are feeling is wrong, just that it may be simply the way things are today and not related to your car.
This, in Atlanta too. Just daily driving 🚗 no matter what I'm in...

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
I don’t have any problems whatsoever and it isn’t because I putt around lIke an OF in mine, even if that’s what I am. I always roll in track mode and drive shall we say, umm confidently but not too aggressively. I’m never intentionally showing my azz nor trying to pick a race.

I do get my share of looks, nods and thumbs up. I get people, even kids making nice comments at stop lights. Most dangerous thing that happens is when somebody (ususally in a pickup IDKW) pulls alongside for a better look and just hangs there too close.

I don’t get much convo while fueling up but I’m probably not the worlds friendliest looking guy so there’s that.

Seems to me maybe if one isn’t a jerk and MYOB most folks return the favor.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
If more people were courteous on the roads, and just moved over when someone wants to go faster
Ahhhh lane blockers.. they think they're doing Gods work.
God thinks yer a dick too.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Ahhhh lane blockers.. they think they're doing Gods work.
God thinks yer a dick too.
It is funny when you have 8 vehicles in the left lane all tailgaiting each other, all speeding yet none wanting to move back over to the right lane so they can clear up the traffic in the left lane then you catch up to them at the stop light where they all are waiting, the stop light goes green and they do it again, lol.
Sponsored