Sponsored

Other Drivers Behavior

rubyredponycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Ruby Red - 1st Mustang
This isn't a Mach 1 specific topic per se so posting in the general arena.... So, I have recently swapped my "Base" Mach 1 Mustang for the handling package Mustang (the car swap story for another thread...). Then I noticed an increase in aggressive behavior from other drivers in the form of tailgating, intentionally swerving into my lane, and I even had someone aggressively follow me and take photos or record my driving. This is all new. Totally foreign to me. Yet, I haven't changed my driving style. Always mellow. Legit just cruising and listening to 80's Rock-n-Roll. I am middle aged and do not drive like and arse-hat. I used the search feature on this forum and saw some older posts on this topic. But I would like some more recent input as I am curious if anyone else on here has been experiencing similar behavior from other drivers and, if yes, how are you responding to these folks and why do you think people are being such jerks toward Mustang owners?

Thanks in advance to all for replying.
The base Mach 1 is actually pretty unassuming. Aside from the badges if you donā€™t have the optional spoiler it keeps a pretty low profile. The HP cars have much wider wheels and they look like custom spec wheels unless youā€™re familiar with them.
Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've come to learn that when someone is riding your ass or driving aggressively it has nothing to do with jealousy towards your mustang, they'll to it to any car and any driver.

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
I've come to learn that when someone is riding your ass or driving aggressively it has nothing to do with jealousy towards your mustang, they'll to it to any car and any driver.
This. Many take it personal (or believe it must be because their car is so awesome) but 99% of the time the other driver is simply stupid, it just so happens to be your or my unlucky moment in time to come into contact with stupid. Let stupid go on by.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
LOL. First image that popped into my head is Adam Sandler flying down the road on the lawn mower in the Waterboy šŸ¤£
I hope y' like what I did to yaw lawn mawer....

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
1715802900775-6o.png

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
The base Mach 1 is actually pretty unassuming. Aside from the badges if you donā€™t have the optional spoiler it keeps a pretty low profile. The HP cars have much wider wheels and they look like custom spec wheels unless youā€™re familiar with them.
You should have told the people that saw my base Mach 1 that it is supposed to be unassuming because as soon as I bought it I could not go anywhere without stares and people coming up to talk about it.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've had both positive and negative comments. I always seem to remember the negative.
One time I was pulling out of a walmart parking lot (try to avoid them if possible with the shelby) and a young kid yells out.. "crowd killer!" I'm like what the ____ I wasn't doing anything crazy just creeping out of the back entrance.
Another time I went to a small car show and there was a guy there with one of the first Corvette C8's . I complimented him on his car, asked a bunch of questions.. as soon as he found out what I drove he pressed and hounded me on how his car was faster than mine and let's race... right now...
I'm thinking what the ____ is your problem? First of all I've got nothing to prove, second you have absolutely no idea what my car is capable of or what it was designed to do. It's not a drag strip car, although it is still fast.. it's a track weapon that can keep up with porsche's 3x the cost with the right driver behind the wheel.
idiots...

rubyredponycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should have told the people that saw my base Mach 1 that it is supposed to be unassuming because as soon as I bought it I could not go anywhere without stares and people coming up to talk about it.
I guess it depends if itā€™s cyber orange then youā€™re gonna draw a little more attention but maybe they just knew it was a nice car too.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I guess it depends if itā€™s cyber orange then youā€™re gonna draw a little more attention but maybe they just knew it was a nice car too.
I bought my Shadow Black Mach 1 so I could blend in, that did not work.

rubyredponycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if you knew who else drives all black cars then you would understand. šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This isn't a Mach 1 specific topic per se so posting in the general arena.... So, I have recently swapped my "Base" Mach 1 Mustang for the handling package Mustang (the car swap story for another thread...). Then I noticed an increase in aggressive behavior from other drivers in the form of tailgating, intentionally swerving into my lane, and I even had someone aggressively follow me and take photos or record my driving. This is all new. Totally foreign to me. Yet, I haven't changed my driving style. Always mellow. Legit just cruising and listening to 80's Rock-n-Roll. I am middle aged and do not drive like and arse-hat. I used the search feature on this forum and saw some older posts on this topic. But I would like some more recent input as I am curious if anyone else on here has been experiencing similar behavior from other drivers and, if yes, how are you responding to these folks and why do you think people are being such jerks toward Mustang owners?

Thanks in advance to all for replying.
If its not responses to your driving it must be the class of people where you drive. 75 YO and can't even recall the last time anything like that happened to me. Closest might be someone following less than 2 seconds behind but obviously just how they drive around anyone.

Sucks but you may have to live with it or move.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Stealth is good. I slapped magnetic pool service signs on my '91 Sonoma 4x4 (Syclone).

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Stealth is good. I slapped magnetic pool service signs on my '91 Sonoma 4x4 (Syclone).
Nice, a Syclone. I wonder how many know what that is.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Quotes: Well if you knew who else drives all black cars then you would understand.

batmobile1.jpg
gordon-batman-begins.gif

7c93946c-f089-43ec-8058-63012e976156_text.gif
Sponsored

Last edited: