Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG Mach 1 Non-HP, 2018 F150, 2014 SHO
In my Mach 1 I tend to get four types of people
  1. The "I love your car" person. They generally ask about the color, engine, and price.
  2. The "Hey Dude, I can take it" This is usually a clapped-out Subaru or Civic with 6in tips and mismatched fenders or 30 stickers of companies they've never purchased a part from.
  3. The "My buddy has car that is cooler or faster" person. They typically tell me about a car that they don't own but is way better than mine.
  4. The "I'm going to ride your ass and show you my beat and primmed mid 90s Mustang/Camaro is just as fast" person. This is the one that annoys me the most, honestly, I'm just trying to enjoy my car and have nothing to prove to some bumpkin on the backroads of Ohio.
My two favorite moments though: After I purchased my Mach 1, I was driving from the dealer in Iowa back to Ohio, I was in traffic in Chicago when a rusty mid 90 Dodge Dakata went flying by me, few moments later I noticed that same truck driving considerably slower, as I got closer the female in the passenger seat leaned halfway out the window to take a video of my car as I passed them.

The second, I was sitting in the drive through line at McDonalds for my morning coffee. This little old lady, probably 75-80 years old, walks in front of my car and stops. She then come to my window and tells me about the 70 Mach 1 her and her husband purchased brand new. She was very excited to see mine and said she loved the color.

So, for the most part, the interactions with people and my car have been fun.

JB60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I was pumping gas today when some dude in a focus looked at me and said "I'd run ya but I don't want to take your money" I looked at him and his rusted out POS and said, "Yep, I don't stand a chance" This got a laugh out of us both.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
99% of the time my experiences are positive. The 1% are just idiots who do fly-bys in their Tesla model 3 or WRX with a fart can, which just gives me laughs.
The Teslas I agree with 100%. Out here I don’t seem to have any problem with the WRX/Evo crowd. They’re pretty docile knowing they don’t stand a chance. They are usually owned by kids because they’re very used cars but I don’t get a lot of problems with that. The Dodge crowd on the other hand……

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I find a few things happen with the Mach 1 HP. You will be shocked at how many people in the car community (including some mustang owners) have no clue what it is. They don't know about the birdsnest wheels/FJG/the wing or literally anything AND since it looks pretty damn good (in my humble opinion) people are intrigued.

I have been asked:

where i got my rims from?
is that a wrap?
What suspension and exhaust is that?
how long did it take you to get it like this?

all stock.

To me everything about this car is what we were doing in the aftermarket 15/20 years ago and now it shows up on a dealer lot ready to go and subjectively not really half assed.

I think in 2024 you have a lot of performance cars that to people who don't know look and sound like a aftermarket/modified car because they are used to seeing more base model mustangs from rental fleets.

I get messed with a bunch and I just ignore it BUT the one thing i get alot is the people who maybe think Im messing with them. Im sorry when i push the gas my car makes noises. Im not trying to show off or race but just make this left into target )=

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I find a few things happen with the Mach 1 HP. You will be shocked at how many people in the car community (including some mustang owners) have no clue what it is. They don't know about the birdsnest wheels/FJG/the wing or literally anything AND since it looks pretty damn good (in my humble opinion) people are intrigued.

I have been asked:

is that a wrap?

all stock.

To me everything about this car is what we were doing in the aftermarket 15/20 years ago and now it shows up on a dealer lot ready to go and subjectively not really half assed.

I think in 2024 you have a lot of performance cars that to people who don't know look and sound like a aftermarket/modified car because they are used to seeing more base model mustangs from rental fleets.

I get messed with a bunch and I just ignore it BUT the one thing i get alot is the people who maybe think Im messing with them. Im sorry when i push the gas my car makes noises. Im not trying to show off or race but just make this left into target )=
I just have a "normal" Mach 1 and I always get what is it and this is before I added the spoiler and wheel lip molding. People who say they are Mustang people ask what is a Mach 1. I have had a couple of "Is it a V6?" Of course my car answers that when I start it. I just have my stock exhaust and I get the same question is it aftermarket.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)

I have been asked:

is that a wrap?

all stock.

I've had the same experience with my non-HP M1. I sometimes wonder if it is the fact these cars came out during covid, and very little advertising was done for them. But at the same time, it's kind of fun having the lesser-known Mustang. I also get, "What exhaust is that" and a shocked look when I say stock. I do have a Steeda H-Pipe once I can find some time to install. I'm sure the neighbors probably will love it.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I've had the same experience with my non-HP M1. I sometimes wonder if it is the fact these cars came out during covid, and very little advertising was done for them. But at the same time, it's kind of fun having the lesser-known Mustang. I also get, "What exhaust is that" and a shocked look when I say stock. I do have a Steeda H-Pipe once I can find some time to install. I'm sure the neighbors probably will love it.
I definitely think that plays a part plus a lot of car enthusiasts tend to only care about their particular model. I try to keep up with stuff across the industry but every once in awhile yeah i have no clue when the mid cycle refresh hit a particular model or when the engine changed to gen 2, when yellow was discontinued etc etc. I just take it as "ford did a great job with this car and people notice"

Sponsored

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
I haven't seen anything different since I've owned my S550 compared to my 04 Cobra. I get the occasional compliment on the color, or asked if it's been painted. I haven't had many people trying to get me to race or anything. Just people asking for me to rev it at stop light, and every now and then someone in an economy car taking off from a stop like I'm trying to race them. Also, my car seems to attract older women.

I did have one reaction that stands out. I was pulling in to work to open and some older guy in his late 40's was walking by and said, "Did you pick that color?" "Yes, I did." "Ew." and proceeded to get into his plain white SUV and drive off.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I take it all back. I had an old dude on a sling shot burn out in front of me yesterday. (while sitting in my garage?) I'm now one of the cool kids.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

I have been asked:

is that a wrap?

all stock.

Yeah agreed. When I got my 2014 GT I was always adding things to improve its look and suspension. Not saying the Mach 1 is perfect but from the factory it does not leave much from the aftermarket to improve. Other than adding few suspension components or adding a SC.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I take it all back. I had an old dude on a sling shot burn out in front of me yesterday. (while sitting in my garage?) I'm now one of the cool kids.
LMAO!! Since having my M1, on different occasions, vehicles have driven by and revved their engines at my car sitting in the drive. One time I was on my Cub Cadet, I tried to chase the car down just not enough go. People are funny though.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
LMAO!! Since having my M1, on different occasions, vehicles have driven by and revved their engines at my car sitting in the drive. One time I was on my Cub Cadet, I tried to chase the car down just not enough go. People are funny though.
LOL. First image that popped into my head is Adam Sandler flying down the road on the lawn mower in the Waterboy 🤣
Sponsored