Ordering wheels/tires

Villain3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey all. Planning on ordering some wider wheels and sticky tires before a supercharger goes on.

Where do you all get your setups from? I'm looking at some Velgen wheels staggered and want 305 Nitto 555 r2's on the back and nitto 555 g2's up front. Any recommendation to get the wheels and tires all at one place?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Villain3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
OP
OP

Villain3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey all. Planning on ordering some wider wheels and sticky tires before a supercharger goes on.

Where do you all get your setups from? I'm looking at some Velgen wheels staggered and want 305 Nitto 555 r2's on the back and nitto 555 g2's up front. Any recommendation to get the wheels and tires all at one place?
I should add I'm aware there is likely a wait period anywhere, not asking who would have what I'm looking for in stock. Just who is good to deal with and can get the setup I want.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I haven't seen anywhere that sells the Velgen package with the Nitto rii as an option. I ended up buying a second set of Velgen wheels and then the Nitto rii for the rear and Nitto G2 for the fronts in the 305 and 275 sizes.

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
There not many places that do the wheel and tire package, i do know that LMR does it, but thats about it. Have you asked LMR about upgrading the rear to the 555R2's ?

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Hit up @Paul@PKAUTODESIGN and see what they can do for you. I bought my first set from Paul when he was at N4S and went with his new shop for my most recent set of wheels and tires. I will caution that when I purchased mine, the 305 NT555RII was out of stock basically everywhere, and Paul's shop couldn't get them from their supplier. I ended up finding a set online at another shop in southern CA, had them shipped to Paul's shop, who did the mount and balance for me and then shipped them to me.

I will say that one of my wheels arrived damaged from mounting and balancing, but Paul's shop was quick to accept responsibility, ordered a new wheel, and had it shipped to me. They also offered to cover my costs for having the tire moved over to the new wheel and have it balanced here locally.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How much are you looking to spend?

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hit up @Paul@PKAUTODESIGN and see what they can do for you. I bought my first set from Paul when he was at N4S and went with his new shop for my most recent set of wheels and tires. I will caution that when I purchased mine, the 305 NT555RII was out of stock basically everywhere, and Paul's shop couldn't get them from their supplier. I ended up finding a set online at another shop in southern CA, had them shipped to Paul's shop, who did the mount and balance for me and then shipped them to me.

I will say that one of my wheels arrived damaged from mounting and balancing, but Paul's shop was quick to accept responsibility, ordered a new wheel, and had it shipped to me. They also offered to cover my costs for having the tire moved over to the new wheel and have it balanced here locally.
I've ordered a set from Paul as well and it was a great experience. He's quick to reply, very informative and super knowledgeable. I would definitely use him again.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Villain3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I appreciate all the suggestions everyone. I will definitely consider these options when ready to purchase. Thanks!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I order wheels separately, and then order the tires I want from Tire Rack or Discount Tire. I have the tires delivered directly to the installing shop, and I bring the wheels and TPMS sensors.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Apex Wheels is the way to go.
Flow formed or fully.forged at a great price.
Is what we use for racing.
On nitto 555... I.dont say anything😅

What weather u see? Lots.of.rain?

OP
OP

Villain3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Apex Wheels is the way to go.
Flow formed or fully.forged at a great price.
Is what we use for racing.
On nitto 555... I.dont say anything😅

What weather u see? Lots.of.rain?
I rarely drive in rain, but it does happen. Not my daily driver so it sees mostly fair weather.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I rarely drive in rain, but it does happen. Not my daily driver so it sees mostly fair weather.
Then i strongly suggest the new 200tw compound
The choices are
YOKO A052
RT660 (PROBABLY BEST choices for availability)
BRIDGESTONE RE71RS
Sponsored