Ordering Nightmare

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
April 2021: Ordered a 2021 Mustang GT PP1 (from my canadian dealer's allocated stock) delivery ETA July/August 2021

July 2021: My order was cancelled by Ford Canada, I was not informed.

August 2021: I contacted the dealer for a delivery update and was told that my order was cancelled in July, they said "sorry" for forgetting to let me know. I was never told the reason why my order was cancelled. Just speculation.

September 2021: Dealer informed me that Ford would honor my agreed upon deal on a 2022 Mustang

October 18, 2021: Dealer ordered 2022 Mustang, order confirmed on the 18th.

Feb 2, 2022: In production

Feb 4, 2022: Built.

Feb 2022: Shipped (exact date not listed)

Feb 23, 2022: Dealer confirmed that the car arrived at local raily yard (130 KM from the dealer - 85 miles), sales rep says that it should be delivered within the next week.

March - May 2022: No status change, car remains in railyard (I assume) Dealer states that the car is on a "factory hold'. Unable to really offer me any more details then that. I contacted Ford Canada and escalated this issue to the regional Sales Rep numberous time over these month and get zero details on the issue or when to expect delivery.

May 16, 2022: - Still waiting, car is still being listed by Ford tracking as shipped.

May 30, 2022 Still waiting, car is still being listed by Ford tracking as shipped.

May 30, 2022: I spoke with the Sales Manager last week and was told that approx 1k mustang had a possible issue with some type of seal which causes an oil leak, and as such, the cars could not be started until they were inspected and repaired, (if required) by a special team. He said that they were down to the last couple hundred cars and that mine and another customer of his was included in the remaining cars still requiring inspection.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Since it is still showing "shipped" and not "delivered" I will assume they did not sell it out from under you. Other than that the fact the Regional Rep cannot give an answer is very strange to me.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
There’s been a few people on here with cars stuck for months in the rail yard for an unknown reason and not much communication about it from ford.

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
Cancel and tell them to kick rocks

OP
OP
Rob911

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
Cancel and tell them to kick rocks
Normally I would but I have no practical alternatives. I want what I ordered, so I wait.

I dont want to pay more for something, that best case secenrio, would be a compromise.

Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Why not cancel and get something off a dealer's lot?
I got the run around on my Mischievous Purple order. One day, I had my '20 GT in for an oil change, my sales guy asks if I like Cyber Orange Metallic. I go see it. Loved it. Did a deal, even swap in 10 minutes.

Keep an open mind and possibilites and opportunities appear out of nowhere.

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
Normally I would but I have no practical alternatives. I want what I ordered, so I wait.

I dont want to pay more for something, that best case secenrio, would be a compromise.
I can agree with that. I have an atlas blue on order with red interior. Haven't seen one like that at a dealer in the country and I want what I ordered that is why I ordered it! Ford just needs to get on the stick and build some cars. I work at GM dealer and it is just as bad. Trucks sit for months at railyards or waiting for chips at factories

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I agree with the kick rocks sentiment. I had a local Ford Dealership almost almost almost sell me a black 2021 off their lot. Had everything except the B&O or they could have done a dealer trade for one with everything except Magneride.

Point is, hunt around. I found EVERYTHING at a small ass dealership 2500km away from me and bought it sight unseen (it was in their showroom after all and under warranty).

If someone jerks you around don't bring them your custom. I'd rather pay 65k and another $1800 to ship whatever it is that I want than to give someone one red cent for playing footsy with me thinking I won't bite.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Took my mustang 2022 GT 5 months to show up and I live hour away from the factory.

Personally I would wait for your custom order. You already waited this long.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I know awhile ago Ford parked several thousand F150's at the Ky speedway. The trucks were missing some electronic something or another. When the missing item came in technicians fitted them in the trucks and they were then shipped to the dealers.

I wonder if something similar is happening here? Only instead of using the speedway they are using the rail yards as holding facilities.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rob911

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
A few of you made a suggestion that the dealer might have sold my car to someone else. This is NOT the case, as I have seen my car sitting in the railway yard. I have a very high probability that the car I saw was mine since it was correct color (rapid red), was a PP1 and had the wing delete, which very few have.

Also, to walk away from my grandfathered deal on 2022 and buy something elsewhere would incure approx $10k in additional costs. This is due to the factory incentives that Ford had on at the time ($3.5k off 2021 msrp and 1.49% six year financing) and what the dealer threw in to keep me loyal and the fact that 2022 prices increased.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma

Feb 4, 2022: Built.

Feb 2022: Shipped (exact date not listed)

Feb 23, 2022: Dealer confirmed that the car arrived at local rail yard (130 KM from the dealer - 85 miles), sales rep says that it should be delivered within the next week.

March - May 2022: No status change, car remains in railyard (I assume) Dealer states that the car is on a "factory hold'. Unable to really offer me any more details then that. I contacted Ford Canada and escalated this issue to the regional Sales Rep numberous time over these month and get zero details on the issue or when to expect delivery.

May 16, 2022: - Still waiting, car is still being listed by Ford tracking as shipped.

May 30, 2022 Still waiting, car is still being listed by Ford tracking as shipped.

May 30, 2022: I spoke with the Sales Manager last week and was told that approx 1k mustang had a possible issue with some type of seal which causes an oil leak, and as such, the cars could not be started until they were inspected and repaired, (if required) by a special team. He said that they were down to the last couple hundred cars and that mine and another customer of his was included in the remaining cars still requiring inspection.
Very interesting what the sales manager said. A seal issue on (some?) recently built Mustangs, causing an oil leak? I'm curious if anyone has more information about this. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rob911

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
July 22, 2022 update. Car arrived last week and was fixed (recall to replace valve pans and gaskets). Paint was perfect even after sitting in railyard for more then four months. My 2021 price with ford incentives at the time were all honored as promised. Good luck everyone!!!

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
July 22, 20220 update. Car arrived last week and was fixed (recall to replace valve pans and gaskets). Paint was perfect even after sitting in railyard for more then four months. My 2021 price with ford incentives at the time were all honored as promised. Good luck everyone!!!
Time travel does exist.

So Electric Cars haven't taken over by the year 20220 and the sun hasn't burnt out? ;)

OP
OP
Rob911

Rob911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 or 2022 Mustang
It was a test.... lol.
Sponsored