Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Just give up and hit the Ignore button.
Okay smart guy..tell us what other than the aero, light weighting, and tires is different about the GT350R other than taking away the Speakers, A radio, back seats, an AC, and some bits on the exhaust then charging me extra to delete them and replace the aero with a huge carbon Wing, carbon Wheels, larger Carbon Splitter, red pin-:ford:striping and an "R" badge for 10k more at MSRP?

Other than the above....Tell us what is different about the brakes, the Voodoo power plant, the gear ratios in the transmission, the recaro seats. the magneride suspension, The suspension Underpinnings, the Body Panels, the rear gearing, the brakes and rotors the coolers and the paint color options?

I'll tell you....nothing.

You can lightweight a GT350 TP and have all the parts on the side to put back on or sell for far less than an "R". The only exception being the Wheels....for the moment. And....As they become more convenient to mass produce and when other people are selling them as cast offs you can buy them and have ...wait for it....TWO sets of wheels and tires for your GT350 for the same or less than buying the "R".

The best bang for the buck is without question the Tech pack or track pack variation of this car. The "R" variant is simply not. It is an overly self indulgent vanity driven choice to own what is billed as the top variant of a GT350. When in reality it is less of a deal than the two lesser model options.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Okay smart guy..tell us what other than the aero, light weighting, and tires is different about the GT350R other than taking away the Speakers, A radio, back seats, an AC, and some bits on the exhaust then charging me extra to delete them and replace the aero with a huge carbon Wing, carbon Wheels, larger Carbon Splitter, red pin-:ford:striping and an "R" badge for 10k more at MSRP?

Other than the above....Tell us what is different about the brakes, the Voodoo power plant, the gear ratios in the transmission, the recaro seats. the magneride suspension, The suspension Underpinnings, the Body Panels, the rear gearing, the brakes and rotors the coolers and the paint color options?

The R with the elect pkg provides the best of both the GT350 track and tech pkg which you can't otherwise obtain. The Recaro seats, coolers and Sync 3. But I understand where your'e going....you still won't be one of the cool kids though.:headbang:

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe

You can lightweight a GT350 TP and have all the parts on the side to put back on or sell for far less than an "R". The only exception being the Wheels....for the moment. And....As they become more convenient to mass produce and when other people are selling them as cast offs you can buy them and have ...wait for it....TWO sets of wheels and tires for your GT350 for the same or less than buying the "R".

The best bang for the buck is without question the Tech pack or track pack variation of this car. The "R" variant is simply not. It is an overly self indulgent vanity driven choice to own what is billed as the top variant of a GT350. When in reality it is less of a deal than the two lesser model options.
I've been weighing the same exact thing. My GT350 will be a daily driver so that means AC and a radio. So, if I got an R I'd be getting the Electronics Pack and missing out on the weight loss.

The only thing you left out was "Unique Chassis Tuning" (likely stiffer bushings and more aggressive electronic tuning), the aluminum rear bumper beam, and Exclusivity.

I asked myself, it is really worth $10,000 to say, "I have an R-model"? I'm not that guy. If I had the resources (garage space, time, money) to have two new Mustangs, I've have an R Model and just drive it on nice days and track days. But I'm not. I'm a bang for the buck guy. I'm a Mustang guy. I'll take the Track Pack, please. :thumbsup:

If I decide to get fancy later on I can add the lightweight bumper beam, CF rear wing, larger front splitter, CF wheels, & Cup tires from the R to get that extra performance.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
The R with the elect pkg provides the best of both the GT350 track and tech pkg which you can't otherwise obtain. The Recaro seats, coolers and Sync 3. But I understand where you going....you still won't be one of the cool kids though.:headbang:

B...b...b...but I wanna be one of the cool kids and I ain't gettin no R! Lol

I think anyone lucky enough to snag a 350 will be pretty dang cool. The R guys will just be a bit cooler...but I was never cool in HS so I'll take "cooler than the avg guy" as my consolation prize lol

Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The R with the elect pkg provides the best of both the GT350 track and tech pkg which you can't otherwise obtain. The Recaro seats, coolers and Sync 3. But I understand where you going....you still won't be one of the cool kids though.:headbang:
EDITED:
My bad. I misread. Yeah, best of both worlds if those worlds are worth another $10K. :)

Last edited:

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT350 Track Pack DOES have the coolers and the Recaros (their standard).

It does not have the Sirius or Sync 3. But aftermarket does.
UH ok...and your point is? You took a fork in the road not yet traveled there. You can't get the Recaros or coolers with Tech hence my post.

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UH ok...and your point is? You took a fork in the road not yet traveled there. You can't get the Recaros or coolers with Tech hence my post.
Yeah, I misread your post. and fixed my previous. :D

I think we're on the same page now.

Have a nice day. :thumbsup:

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I misread your post. and fixed my previous. :D

I think we're on the same page now.

Have a nice day. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup::ford:

On another note is the rear aluminum bumper beam still in play? I know the front one is std but it looks like the rear aluminum bumper beam was dropped from the updated order guide for the R.

Last edited:

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could be right. Looks like it disappeared between the January and May Order Guides. That's disappointing.

Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I bet you can buy a set after the cars hit the streets for a lot less. It will be interesting to see if these become an inexpensive popular mod like the Cobra R wheels did in 95 and in 2000 or if they stay high. My bet is that the first sets will go for $5-7K and then the price will drop pretty quickly. I expect Ford to make a bunch to satisfy the aftermarket.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
reasons to pay an additional 10K (or more..ADM ;) in my book..

1) exclusivity (500, or so per year)
2) wheels, and tires
3) front and rear spoiler
4) red painted brake calipers
5) special tune suspension (i.e lighter wheels etc..)
6) unique exhaust note
7) red deviated stitching on seats and steering wheel
8) ability to have the best of both worlds (i.e. A/C Nav. and Track coolers)
9) wider back tires :)
:cheers:

Last edited:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
And I bet you can buy a set after the cars hit the streets for a lot less. It will be interesting to see if these become an inexpensive popular mod like the Cobra R wheels did in 95 and in 2000 or if they stay high. My bet is that the first sets will go for $5-7K and then the price will drop pretty quickly. I expect Ford to make a bunch to satisfy the aftermarket.
Over-the-counter prices of OEM parts and OEM replacement parts rarely are lower than when they're priced within the total cost of a vehicle; e.g., if Ford says the wheels are worth $2K each as part of the R package (to pull a number out of the sky), you'll pay $2.5K-$3K in the parts department - which also is a profit center for Ford and its dealers. (Have you ever seen the price of an entire car built from parts, compare to the cost of the same car from the factory?)

And that's if Ford makes them available to anyone who doesn't own a GT350. If they're for sale by Ford, the prices on these OEM wheels will start high and stay high for a few years, I'll bet - although a couple of aftermarket companies surely will try to do knock-off versions for less.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought I had read that you have to produce a vin of a GT350 and/or R in your name to be able to order the parts. Could be old news though. Any truth to that or was it interweb lore?
Sponsored