Sponsored

Opinions on the 2018 base cloth seats

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
The Miko suede leather on my 2016 GT/CS are awesome. The feel of cloth in a super soft leather is the best of both worlds. Highly recommend

DMassey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
we love our cloth seats. I was sold on the comfort/support of the non-Recaro Mustang seating when my brother in law bought his 2015 Premium GT. I absolutely fell in love with the seats. But we just prefer cloth, and the seat is otherwise the same. I'm 5'7" and a little chunky at 212 lbs, and the bolstering/comfort is just perfect for me.

and we actually just took the car to a dragstrip that was 3 hrs each way away from us. The entire trip was very comfy.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Cloth is the way to go. In a perfect world i'd have leather bolsters with cloth/suede inserts

7YearAscent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The cloth seats in the 2018s are surprisingly comfortable. I picked my car up from Koons on Friday and drove it straight home (13 hours), only stopping twice to fill up. Definitely more comfortable than my Acura...

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
The cloth seats in the 2018s are surprisingly comfortable. I picked my car up from Koons on Friday and drove it straight home (13 hours), only stopping twice to fill up. Definitely more comfortable than my Acura...

lol, another Koons long-distance buyer :-)

But yeah, the cloth seats are great . There's no real discernible difference in comfort IMO. I had leather in my 15 and did not want it in the 2018. Probably would've been better if I had cloth in the 15 and leather in the 18 to go with the Magnaride. But the cloth are temperature neutral, have the nice Mustang stitched into the back, are super grippy, and just feel good.

For the cost, it's not even close to worth it since that's the majority of what you get with that package.

GDDYP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Fastback (ETA 9/15/18), 1961 Thunderbird Hardtop
I would definitely recommend the cloth. My 2009 with cloth looked brand-new when I traded it, the driver's lower seat on my 2012 GT Premium with leather looked bad by the first oil change, and downright horrible by 20K. This isn't just a Ford thing, all new cars use inferior materials for "leather seating surfaces" that do not retain their shape. And once they stretch, they never fully recover, leaving unsightly looking lumpy waves and strange wrinkles inconsistent with how leather is supposed to wear.

I'm 6 foot zero, weigh exactly 200 pounds, and take very good care of my cars so no severe usage issues.

AGM2018

I agree on GDDYP's assessment of the leather seats; my 15 EB had them and I wasn't overly impressed with the quality and/or the fitment of the leather. Cloth is the way to order/purchase the car, in my opinion. I think the alcantara (spelling?) is a nice option as well, but it is a bit over priced. I have the alcantara and split leather seats in my 16 Maxima SR and after 2 years/20K miles, no signs of wear and or excessive dirt. I, also like GDDY, take meticulous care of my car, including the alcantara seats.

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
2017-2019 cloth seats... did ford offer a manual NON power seat?

Sponsored

Troublemaker427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP1 Auto
My wife and I both really like my '18s cloth seats. Much better than my '11.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I have a 13 GT with leather seats and I love them. A friend of mine has a 13 GT with cloth seats, and while he doesn't hate them, he wished he gotten leather.
Right now I'm trying to decide between a base GT PP2, and a premium GT PP2 and until I read this thread leather was an important consideration.
Now if I can convince myself I don't want the B&O sound, navigation, and the other premium stuff, I can save some money.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
My wife and I have always had leather in our cars until I bought the 301a that I have now. I love the cloth seats and she likes them except for the static charge she gets sometimes. How do you stop the Winter static electricity issue.
Sponsored