Sponsored

Opinion on B&O System and 401A Leather on 2019?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Yeah. In 2016 you had to order the Premier Trim option on top of 401A to get the better leather, stitching, etc..
Yep! I was going to mention that, but couldn’t remember the name of the 2015-2017 option that got you the better leather and soft touch door panels :p
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
The Miko suede inserts on the Cali Special is really nice as well. I did not even consider this package but it is very nice.

The B&O is nice but certainly not what a custom $2K setup would be.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I have a base 300a car. I changed out the speakers with Infinity and it sounds great to me. Took me an hour or two, I forget. I don't ghetto thump down the road so I'm happy to save the money. Put it into performance mods and fuel.

IMG_20180905_184806192.jpg
IMG_20180906_180547792.jpg
IMG_20180906_191000055.jpg

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the 401a and opted not to get the B&O sound upgrade. I worried about this a little while waiting the 5 months it took for my car to be built and delivered. I can say that I am really happy with the sound system in the GT Premium 401a package. I'm a guy that can appreciate hifi stereo equipment, and maybe I don't know what I am missing in the new Mustang. All I can say is that I'm not feeling any regret for not ordering the B&O upgrade.

OP
OP

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A, Race Red, Black Accent, Red Seats
Forgot to mention those. Love that extra toich on the 401a. Especially with the red stripe mine has with the Showstopper.
I want race red + black accent... I LOVE those red seats and accent stitch, but then I feel like red seats might make it a little too much red?

Sponsored

OP
OP

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
The Miko suede inserts on the Cali Special is really nice as well. I did not even consider this package but it is very nice.

The B&O is nice but certainly not what a custom $2K setup would be.
Thanks! Wouldn't want to spend that much, but $900 seems like a decent price point for me for the upgrades that B&O offer. It's probably splurging a little but I figured if I can splurge on 401A I might as well!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
NO!!! that combo looks great.
Ahhh I know but I wonder if it will be "too much" looking at inside every day. I don't know... my ST is red with a black interior and it does feel little drab at times. Though the accent lights I keep at Red help with that. I love how the seats are two tone, red/black, I think all red would be a bit much....

I need to find some pictures online, maybe someone around here has Race Red with Showstopper Red seats to post pics of.

Baltimoron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
401A was a must have package for me, but the car came with the B&O system. I’m not a big car audio guy, and frankly, I spend a lot of my drive listening to the music coming out of the ass end of the car. I don’t have any comparison to the non upgraded system, but overall I’m happy with it.

Nikujaga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I have a base 300a car. I changed out the speakers with Infinity and it sounds great to me. Took me an hour or two, I forget. I don't ghetto thump down the road so I'm happy to save the money. Put it into performance mods and fuel.

IMG_20180905_184806192.jpg
IMG_20180906_180547792.jpg
IMG_20180906_191000055.jpg
I would like to do the same thing. Did you add an amp, if not, how is the low end(better or same), and the actual output/loudness (SPL) better or same?
Which Infinity speakers are you using? Thanks

Sponsored

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had an 02 Ranger Tremor, it came with a 5 speaker Pioneer setup, the bass in that system was far and away better than the bass in the B&O. The system in the mustang has EXCELLENT midbass characteristics, but when the frequencies get low (think hip hop or detuned/5 string bass Rock) the sub just can’t keep up. It lacks the excursion that is required to produce sound at those frequencies, IMO. I’m going to be upgrading the sub and leaving the rest alone as soon as I find a suitable replacement. If anyone knows of one, holla atcha boy.

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had a choice of shadow black with show stopper red seats or kona blue with B&O. I fell in love with the seats. I still wish I could have got the seats and the B&O sound system.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Thanks everyone for the opinions! I already wanted the 401A dash but the better leather sounds like a nice bonus! Also B&O sounds like a no brainer now, I got a chance to listen to it when test driving but was curious about the long term thoughts on it. While I'm going to love the loud active exhaust, I do like some great music on long drives :)
I will say that the active exhaust is one of the best options I ordered on the wife's '18. Mercy that things sounds good. Congrats on the upcoming new Mustang.

BTW, you won't regret the sound system either. Her's has the old shaker version, but it is still a good system.

Bullitt1589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #1589
I like the B&O in my Bullitt, for a clean factory install it sounds good enough. I prefer to listen to the Coyote scream though.

OP
OP

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I will say that the active exhaust is one of the best options I ordered on the wife's '18. Mercy that things sounds good. Congrats on the upcoming new Mustang.

BTW, you won't regret the sound system either. Her's has the old shaker version, but it is still a good system.
Thanks! The active exhaust was the one must have option. Couldn’t imagine a GT without it.
Sponsored