Sponsored

Opinion on B&O System and 401A Leather on 2019?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just picked up a '19 GT Premium with 401a and the B&O system (and pretty much every other option ...)

The leather (mine is ebony) included with the '19 401a is pretty fantastic. I had a '16 GT Premium, with the Premier Redline interior (kind of the same upcharge/upmarket interior that's now included with the 401a), and the leather in the newer car is much softer, it has a nice perforated texture all over, and the center console, kick panels, a few other locations are covered/stitched vs. plastic/vinyl, really gives the interior a nice finish.

I also had the Shaker Pro upgrade in the '16, and vs. the '19 B&O, I'd say the latter has a little brighter highs, the mid-base seems a bit punchier, depending on the music you listen to the roll off on the lower end bass can be better or worse at higher volume. In general I think it's noticeably better, but not dramatic, but far better than the base system. I don't include aftermarket setups in the comparison, I'm just not into doing those kind of mods, I want it to be good as delivered, I save the tinkering, tube rolling, constant gyrations for my home systems :D

As someone pointed out, the 401a for MY18+ include the new digital dash which is f***ing fantastic and you get BLIS which for me is a minimum/required safety tech. :)
Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up a '19 GT Premium with 401a and the B&O system (and pretty much every other option ...)

The leather (mine is ebony) included with the '19 401a is pretty fantastic. I had a '16 GT Premium, with the Premier Redline interior (kind of the same upcharge/upmarket interior that's now included with the 401a), and the leather in the newer car is much softer, it has a nice perforated texture all over, and the center console, kick panels, a few other locations are covered/stitched vs. plastic/vinyl, really gives the interior a nice finish.

I also had the Shaker Pro upgrade in the '16, and vs. the '19 B&O, I'd say the latter has a little brighter highs, the mid-base seems a bit punchier, depending on the music you listen to the roll off on the lower end bass can be better or worse at higher volume. In general I think it's noticeably better, but not dramatic, but far better than the base system. I don't include aftermarket setups in the comparison, I'm just not into doing those kind of mods, I want it to be good as delivered, I save the tinkering, tube rolling, constant gyrations for my home systems :D

As someone pointed out, the 401a for MY18+ include the new digital dash which is f***ing fantastic and you get BLIS which for me is a minimum/required safety tech. :)
The 400a and up should have the leather covered console, that they make you go 401a for that is ridiculous but what can ya do, I'm ordering a used one on eBay when I find out.