AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
What looks funny is the support down the center. When @50 Deep finishes his new hood vent with the support underneath I think it will look better.
My 0.02
Please elaborate on the support down the center comment.

I suppose the colors involved have a great deal to do with how well the idea works on a given car but after seeing some vents painted, I have to say I like all black better.
Like I said the first things that caught my eye was the support down the center of the vent being black opposed to be red to give it trhat finish look, which is what I was going for and then add the pinstripe to finish the inner support look and I was going to leave the vents black but then being a couple of places wanted crazy prices for 7 pieces of vinyl I thought of painting the center support and the idea kept evolving, which is why the post is here. I like both looks painted and finished, and finished down the center and the outter ends left alone. Its the only part of the car that has the unfinished look IMO.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
061E2194-09AD-49E8-A1C5-7F197CBB281E.jpeg

See right down the center is a support @50 Deep is working on a vent with the support underneath so it doesn’t show.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
061E2194-09AD-49E8-A1C5-7F197CBB281E.jpeg

See right down the center is a support @50 Deep is working on a vent with the support underneath so it doesn’t show.
Ah I get it now, I thought you were talking about the center support but wanted to make sure. Personally I like the center the way it looks opposed to having the vent be complete across.

I got about 2 weeks to think about this before it heads to the shop for its Complete Ceramic coating from soup to nuts. Or I may tell him to omitt the vent until I decide.

Decisions....Decisions.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not the best job by any means but I think it tells me what I needed to know.

KB

colored-hood-vent.jpg
I like the all black louver vent better. Make it all CF, that would look nice too.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Not the best job by any means but I think it tells me what I needed to know.

KB

colored-hood-vent.jpg
KB How about all black vent but with 1" red body color down the vent spine? Maybe a compromise?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just showed my wife KB's pics my pics the classic silver, and she says she doesnt like the vent painted, accordin to her she says the black vent give the hood a 3d effect where painting the ends the same as the hood makes it more 2D and makes you focus on the stripes. When she said that I could see what she was talking about.

She did like the idea of painting the center support red but since I have pin stripes she says I should do without it, which i dont know if that would look good at all. So go figure the wife throws a monkey wrench into the whole thought process...ugh...

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
So go figure the wife throws a monkey wrench into the whole thought process...ugh...
Mike: But she has good eyes, a sense of design, and I agree with her completely.

KB

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just showed my wife KB's pics my pics the classic silver, and she says she doesnt like the vent painted, accordin to her she says the black vent give the hood a 3d effect where painting the ends the same as the hood makes it more 2D and makes you focus on the stripes. When she said that I could see what she was talking about.

She did like the idea of painting the center support red but since I have pin stripes she says I should do without it, which i dont know if that would look good at all. So go figure the wife throws a monkey wrench into the whole thought process...ugh...
Sounds like 'thems marching orders.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
The way i see it, you have seen all the variations, and you still are unsure.....I think that says it right there.......leave it alone.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yes, as an old wise IP once stated.

donta toucha nothin

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mike: But she has good eyes, a sense of design, and I agree with her completely.

KB
All the other times she likes what I show her, this time she not...And I do like I said agree about the 3D look.

Sounds like 'thems marching orders.
Yes, as an old wise IP once stated.

donta toucha nothin
LOL Looks like it.

The way i see it, you have seen all the variations, and you still are unsure.....I think that says it right there.......leave it alone.
I think your right, after all this just going to leave well enough alone.
Sponsored