Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Installed the ATI damper, harness and part of the whipple pulley bracket. I used a simple garden sprayer with 2 quarts of oil to prime the engine with oil rotating the crank. Ford racing advised to prime the engine before starting in this manner. Still waiting on the flywheel.
IMG_0720.JPG
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Wow. Ok. I bet that would suck to install in the car
Great job OP getting your car sorted.
I had the head cooling mod installed before putting in my sleeved block.
Just wondering if this could be causing my slow coolant leak ?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Installed the ATI damper, harness and part of the whipple pulley bracket. I used a simple garden sprayer with 2 quarts of oil to prime the engine with oil rotating the crank. Ford racing advised to prime the engine before starting in this manner. Still waiting on the flywheel.
Looks good Shawn.
Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
What really stinks is at this point the build is stalled and waiting for Ford Racing to get me the proper flywheel. This motor is advertised as sold with manual trans flywheel only, and guess what it came with a auto. When I called White bear lake where I ordered they gave me the number to Ford racing to get it rectified, well let's just say I'm not impressed with Ford Racing service and response on this. After talking with Steve at FR that same day he said he would look into it and asked for the purchase invoice. He never responded back to my email and when I called him 2 days later the feeling he gave me was that I was bothering him and he told me he was waiting on a response from Ford. WTF they send me the wrong shit and now I have to wait and see. Sorry, venting here but Ford Racing service sucks ass. For Christ sake it's a flywheel just get it done FR.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Maybe I'll just resurface my old flywheel and be done with it. if I wait for FR it won't even ship if lucky by mid week and that means I won't see it till the following Monday.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
What about aftermarket lightened one?
I know I've thought about getting an aftermarket flywheel, but just not sure I need to spend the extra money on a flywheel that won't see any racing. Also not sure a lightened flywheel will be street friendly.

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Had them in other cars and streeted them fine. But can't comment on how it would run in a mustang. New territory for me!

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
I'm going to chime in for some advice here.

I'm going Phase 1 Roush w/warranty on my yet-to-be-built 2017 GTPP. I plan to stay under warranty for at least 2 years, and try my best for the full 3 years before doing any upgrades that would void it.

I saw earlier a poster verified the OPG is covered under warranty. With at in mind, would you just keep the stock OPG and let Ford deal with any problems as long as the warranty is valid, or would you still do the OPG + TG right away?
The only way to keep the warranty is to do a Ford oil pump with billet gears(M-660050-CJ) installed by a Ford dealer or Roush certified install shop. You cannot do the TG or you void the warranty. The Ford Racing oil pump is $699 and Ford bills 8-10 hours for the install. You are over $2k to get it done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Well after 3 month of fretting over this OPG and engine failure, I'm done. Been busy all week and without help from Ford Racing who sent me a Auto Flex plate engine, so in the end I resurfaced my old flywheel and swung the coyote in. I was pleased when the engine mated nicely to the trans (I left the trans in place) and just a little jiggle and it went in smooth with my new SPEC stage 2 plus clutch. Also upgraded to a steel braided clutch line. All buttoned up with new MMR OPG, crank gear and secondary tension mod as well as boss primary tensioners. That's OPG replacement for the second time although this time I had to remove the cam Phaser drivers side for the secondary tensioner mod. All I did there was while I had the primary chain off for the OPG install and the cams and crank in position I slide the cam phasers off after marking the cams and phaser location and when the mod was done just slide them back on and bolted it down. Anyway today was the startup all fluids filled and the engine had been primed with oil using my garden sprayer mod attached to into the oil pressure bung. With fingers crossed, and a prayer...I pushed the start button and low and behold the Coyote howled in that familiar way, and my heart which was broken for the last 3 month was once again whole. So far so good and with a little break in time before I start pushing the go peddle activating Mr. Whipple.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well after 3 month of fretting over this OPG and engine failure, I'm done. Been busy all week and without help from Ford Racing who sent me a Auto Flex plate engine, so in the end I resurfaced my old flywheel and swung the coyote in. I was pleased when the engine mated nicely to the trans (I left the trans in place) and just a little jiggle and it went in smooth with my new SPEC stage 2 plus clutch. Also upgraded to a steel braided clutch line. All buttoned up with new MMR OPG, crank gear and secondary tension mod as well as boss primary tensioners. That's OPG replacement for the second time although this time I had to remove the cam Phaser drivers side for the secondary tensioner mod. All I did there was while I had the primary chain off for the OPG install and the cams and crank in position I slide the cam phasers off after marking the cams and phaser location and when the mod was done just slide them back on and bolted it down. Anyway today was the startup all fluids filled and the engine had been primed with oil using my garden sprayer mod attached to into the oil pressure bung. With fingers crossed, and a prayer...I pushed the start button and low and behold the Coyote howled in that familiar way, and my heart which was broken for the last 3 month was once again whole. So far so good and with a little break in time before I start pushing the go peddle activating Mr. Whipple.
Congrats! Glad you stuck with it and saw it through to the end. Should live a long and happy life!

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I'm amazed at how my attitude has changed, it's like the clouds have parted and the sun is shining on me once again. But really it was a weight on my shoulders I didn't realize until today.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Well done Shawn.....go enjoy it. Just sent you a text right before you posted this asking about the progress.

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang supercharged 5.0
I'm amazed at how my attitude has changed, it's like the clouds have parted and the sun is shining on me once again. But really it was a weight on my shoulders I didn't realize until today.
Glad to hear this. Put up some videos when she is broke in
Sponsored