Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I bought a Ford keyless entry keypad for my '14 Mustang GT that I mounted in an out-of-the-way space outside the car. It programs easily with the factory remotes and opens with a 5 digit code. The Ford keyless entry keypad says it is not compatible with any year of Mustang, yet it works perfectly on mine. Click here to see details at Ford's website.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
But first they have to use the tow/recovery index key to access the button..

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
I totally forgot my car came with ROADSIDE assistance. Wow.. had to wait a full day when my battery died last week.

Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I bought a Ford keyless entry keypad for my '14 Mustang GT that I mounted in an out-of-the-way space outside the car. It programs easily with the factory remotes and opens with a 5 digit code. The Ford keyless entry keypad says it is not compatible with any year of Mustang, yet it works perfectly on mine. Click here to see details at Ford's website.
That is interesting... :thumbsup:

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
That's why I said never to trust the key in vehicle safety. And many still wash the car with keys inside the car. If it fails, this happens.
Yep. My mom works for a road-side assistance call center. They get frequent calls from people locked out of their smart/safe keyless entry cars.

It's a nice feature that accidentally leaving your key in the car probably won't lock you out, but I would NOT depend on it to work 100% of the time.

EleanorsBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
This just happened to me this afternoon. I was trying to replace the interior trunk light with an LED, and while testing opening/closing the trunk to get the light to come on, i stupidly left the keys in the trunk, close to the back of the car.

Ford Service had someone at my car in an hour. They had to sneak a metal rod in through the window and pull the interior handle to open the door. Old school.

I'm very surprised that the trunk locked with my key inside.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I've learned long ago to never trust setting your keys inside your car and then leaving it. It's less likely to happen with these fobs, but I figured there might be the rare happenstance that it does anyhow. Keys stay in my pocket and I always lock the door using the fob, that way I know the bastard is in my pocket when I leave lol. Oldschool and paranoid right here.

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I threw my gym bag in my trunk and closed it. The car honked at me twice and the trunk popped open. I left the key in my gym bag.

Crisis averted by my car.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Rioters.jpg

If you jump high enough it will open.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
what were the other keys they gave us for? the ones that lock the glove department is that the only use for them???

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
you should be able to just open your door if the key is inside the car...
The car can detect whether the key is inside or outside of the car. The unlock sensors are not active if the key is detected inside the car. In theory the car won't let you lock a key in the car or in the trunk but as several posters stated, the system isn't fool proof.

The exception to this is if you have a keypad and use that to lock the car. Then you can lock the key in the car, and the key is disabled, so if someone smashes the window and gets in, the car won't start (also, in theory).

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
what were the other keys they gave us for? the ones that lock the glove department is that the only use for them???
You can manually lock and unlock the doors with the physical key. The keyhole is behind the wedge shaped cover next to the driver's door handle. There may be one on the passenger side too, but I doubt it.
Sponsored