One-Touch windows on convertible

JasonInVegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I have a GT Premium Convertible....the owners manual seems to say that any mustang has one-touch up and down power windows. My car has one-touch down working just fine, but not for closing the windows. (You have to hold the switch until its closed. Yes this is my big First-World Problem) I went back to the dealer and one-touch close didn't work on the one other convertible they had on the lot either.
Anyone with a convertible notice this issue?

I'm new at posting on forums, so please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place or something....
Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I have a GT Premium Convertible....the owners manual seems to say that any mustang has one-touch up and down power windows. My car has one-touch down working just fine, but not for closing the windows. (You have to hold the switch until its closed. Yes this is my big First-World Problem) I went back to the dealer and one-touch close didn't work on the one other convertible they had on the lot either.
Anyone with a convertible notice this issue?

I'm new at posting on forums, so please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place or something....
If you look at the Brochure it says windows are One Touch Down on all models and one touch up is on Fastback only. Absolutely no rhyme or reason to it but that seems to be the way it is.

OP
OP
JasonInVegas

JasonInVegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks mkenny28, I just found the brochure online and see what you mentioned. I agree with you, there is no reason to not have one-touch up. Very inconvenient at the Starbucks drive-through.... One hand holding coffee, one hand steering the car, how do I close my window?? LOL

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Thanks mkenny28, I just found the brochure online and see what you mentioned. I agree with you, there is no reason to not have one-touch up. Very inconvenient at the Starbucks drive-through.... One hand holding coffee, one hand steering the car, how do I close my window?? LOL
Hahaha Severe First World Problems! There has to be some logical reason for it but my 2005 Mustang GT Convertible had One Touch Up and Down. No reason I can see for the 2015 not to have it.

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

As much as I love Starbucks right now there will be no coffee in my mustang.

Sponsored

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I would guess the reason is because theres a sensor near the top of the door panel that measures if an arm was stuck in and stops the one up operating. The convertible doesnt have an upper door or roof so no one up. Completely a guess. Has anybody tried sticking their arm through the window while it was one upping?

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Hahaha Severe First World Problems! There has to be some logical reason for it but my 2005 Mustang GT Convertible had One Touch Up and Down. No reason I can see for the 2015 not to have it.
So did my S197 09 Convertible
very strange

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
In addition to "one-touch" up on front seat windows, would love to see something like all windows down (and up) with one touch, like activating top power after latch undone. All down one touch, and all up one touch would be my goal.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My 15 is One touch down only also have to hold the switch up to raise the windows.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
The struggles modern Mustang owners have to face on a daily basis make you want to cry...

CVCashmere

Sponsored

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
2017 model, but in Australia, I have one touch up and down.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
This was discussed in another thread. All 2015-2016 convertibles only had one-touch down, but not up. No one knows why, but must have had some calibration issues at Ford and they just got lazy. They apparently fixed whatever issues for 2017 as all 2017s have both one-touch down and up. Now if I can figure out an easy way to swap out the BCM to get it on my 2015...

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
This was discussed in another thread. All 2015-2016 convertibles only had one-touch down, but not up. No one knows why, but must have had some calibration issues at Ford and they just got lazy. They apparently fixed whatever issues for 2017 as all 2017s have both one-touch down and up. Now if I can figure out an easy way to swap out the BCM to get it on my 2015...
Either that or they were just being stupid and had some stupid reason for not putting one touch up on the verts but then had lots of complaints about it since they're probably the only 15 and up vehicles that don't have that feature on the verts and decided to go ahead and put it on the 17s...intentional run-on sentence. That was one thing I hated about my 15 GT because it is completely ridiculous especially since there is no logical answer they've given us. However I do think you can go to a dealership and have it swapped out. It might cost a bit tho so it might not really be worth it.

SirLoin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Convertible
My 2017 has auto up on the front windows. The rear windows also roll down with the global open feature on the key fob (they're still manual up/down when using the switch on the driver's door). Not sure if the 2015-2016 had this.

Last edited:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is an old thread but:

my 2013 V6 Premium convertible has one touch up and down. I wonder why Ford got rid of it for the new model??
Sponsored