On3 Performance TT kit

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP
Would love to hear anyone's experience with on3 TT kits as there doesn't seem to be an existing thread about them.
I've purchased the twin 61mm kit and looking for some recommendations as far as install goes and what others have done.
I plan on doing a couple things in order to prolong the life of the kit
- Ceramic coating hot side, followed by exhaust wrap & Turbo Blankets
- Powder Coat cold side
- Reflective Heat tape wires closest to manifolds
- Use vacuum block to manage boost/vacuum lines
- Swapping exhaust manifold bolts (Told the ones that come with the kit aren't as long as factory bolts

One of the other things I've thought about doing is relocating the PCM as I've heard the relocation to the wheel well can come into contact with the wheels at full steering lock. Has anyone previously done this?
Sponsored

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I was looking at the kit, I wonder if you had a real ram air hood with the functional scoop like a black mamba or cervinis Would these hoods help keep inlet air temps down?

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Watch this guys 4 part series.

Looks like motor out is the best route for install.

OP
OP

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at the kit, I wonder if you had a real ram air hood with the functional scoop like a black mamba or cervinis Would these hoods help keep inlet air temps down?
Would it help? Likely. By how much I'm uncertain. I've heard the temps/heat soak is the worst part of the kit.

Watch this guys 4 part series.

Looks like motor out is the best route for install.
I've watched his videos many times over to figure what I'm getting myself into. I plan on going T56 Magnum at the same time so the motor coming out seems like the best idea.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Would it help? Likely. By how much I'm uncertain. I've heard the temps/heat soak is the worst part of the kit.

I've watched his videos many times over to figure what I'm getting myself into. I plan on going T56 Magnum at the same time so the motor coming out seems like the best idea.
Yeah, If you're doing the trans at the same time, make it easy on yourself and drop it out through the bottom.

Sponsored

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Why are so many people going with the on3 top mount kit over bottom mount? Seems counter intuitive to shove that much heat back up into your engine bay.
Is it just that scavenge systems are a pain in the ass to deal with and unreliable?

OP
OP

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, If you're doing the trans at the same time, make it easy on yourself and drop it out through the bottom.
Still debating on dropping the k-member and engine/trans as one or unbolting the trans and pulling the engine through the top. I'm probably thinking dropping the k-member so i can swap out the front suspension as well..

Why are so many people going with the on3 top mount kit over bottom mount? Seems counter intuitive to shove that much heat back up into your engine bay.
Is it just that scavenge systems are a pain in the ass to deal with and unreliable?
Scavenge systems aren't something I want to deal with
Daily driving a bottom mount kit in Florida/Georgia where it rains regularly doesn't sound too fun to me.
and personally if I'm buying a TT kit I rather be able to look at what i bought lol.

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Id be more concerned about the all new single kit from them..
Sponsored