Old fart here

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
57 here be 58 next month and yeah this car gets hooned on a regular basis. I often take it out for just a drive and find some back roads and let it rip. This car is stupid fast and I love it! I need to get better rubber on it than the factory Pirellis as this thing can break loose at nearly any speed.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
57 here be 58 next month and yeah this car gets hooned on a regular basis. I often take it out for just a drive and find some back roads and let it rip. This car is stupid fast and I love it! I need to get better rubber on it than the factory Pirellis as this thing can break loose at nearly any speed.
Right. They seem like they never break in and get past the new tire feel.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Right. They seem like they never break in and get past the new tire feel.
Yes good analogy. I was out last week and had the traction control intervene twice around 70 mph on a couple hard pulls. I thought something was wrong with the car at first. :)

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
60 in a couple of weeks, and drive it as much as poss. Bonus time here in Mn. since no real snow, and or road chemicals have been put down.

Sponsored

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
I'm 52, not as crazy, as I was as a younger man, but still love that tall pedal down to the floor. Not as often as I used to and pick my opportunities with more prudence. I picked just about the loudest exhaust I could so I didn't have to be stomping on it to have the audio sensation of doing it. But when I do stomp it everyone within 2 mile knows a gear head in heaven got their wings!
I actually bought my car last Oct. from a 79 year old gear head that bought it to celebrate his 75 years. He put 6500 miles on it and decided it just might be too much car at this point in his life. He loved that it was going to another mature gear head.....instead of a "snot nosed over-prive ledged unappreciative little a- hole". I think he may have meant his own grandson who was on hand to see me pick it up and drive away!
You fellas with 10 or more years on me got mad props from this old dude!

Last edited:

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys Like the title says I'm an old guy [57] But I still drive it like I stole it! Not all the time of coarse but a lot. I bought this car to have fun and it sure as hell is! How many older guys on here drive their cars hard sometimes?
55 and drive hard all the time

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thought I smelled something....

LMAO - kidding....

but at what point is one considered “old”? I’ve seen 100yr olds that look like they’re 60.

I plan on still driving at 100...and being in a Mustang.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Soon. Yes.
I actually have to retire a month early. SS payments are going to change. They will be lower when you first retire and then gradual increase until you get to your full benefit. This all happens the month I am supposed to retire. If I go early, I get 99 percent of my benefit. If I wait a month until full retirement, I will get 80 something percent.

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You mean 56 is old? I am the youngest guy in the race shop I prep my race car in. Age is a number....

johnscousin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB Mustang GT PP
65 and loving every moment behind the wheel!
Sponsored