Sponsored

OK... Just got my first Mustang in about 15 years... some pics and a Q.

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
just got mine in the other day but havent driven it. Its getting PPF next monday/tuesday, tint on wednesday, and Ceramic the following monday/tuesday. But what i have driven the stick does feel very stiff compared to my old 14. Especially 3rd gear takes a lot of effort to get into

OP
OP

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
I agree, tremec here and it will loosen up after about 1000 miles of daily driving. Had the same notchy feeling and i can pretty much 2 finger shift now.
Great to hear...

About the stickers I really do prefer the less "racy" look... I am also planning to remove the rear spoiler, I think the lines flow better but refinishing and painting the trunk is involved.

OP
OP

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
just got mine in the other day but havent driven it. Its getting PPF next monday/tuesday, tint on wednesday, and Ceramic the following monday/tuesday. But what i have driven the stick does feel very stiff compared to my old 14. Especially 3rd gear takes a lot of effort to get into
Yeah! mine too third gear is the hardest one!

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
LOL... no, his car is taken to the track regularly.
Aye, so that transmission's beaten on aplenty. As it oughta be. :giggle:

Break it in, then give it a few thousand miles and I'll bet it don't feel notchy no mo.

Thanks guys... so how does the normal 5.0 transmission feels vs the tremec... is it loose or what?
I've seen a lot of folks describe the tremec as being tighter than the MT-82. And conversely, the MT-82 as "sloppy". I'd be inclined to agree that shifting can get a little wonky at some points.

That's not to say the MT-82's a horrible transmission that'll blow up on you if you bang on it too hard—hardly. Plenty of PP1's and 2's out there on tracks getting wrung out. It definitely needs a few extra helping hands the tremec doesn't, though.

Suppose it comes down to, the MT-82's perfectly serviceable for street driving and with some upgrades, will take to track nicely. Tremec's good to hit the track fresh off the flatbed.

That said, both are remote shifters, and slotting a Blowfish mount, or a Barton or MGW linkage are not uncommon modifications.

Sponsored

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Great to hear...

About the stickers I really do prefer the less "racy" look... I am also planning to remove the rear spoiler, I think the lines flow better but refinishing and painting the trunk is involved.
I had the same thought to remove all the stickers, but wanted to keep on to try them out....they grew on me, but it's also hidden in the black.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Great to hear...

Post about in your local area's subforum around here, you might be able to find someone willing to swap trunklids with you. No painting necessary and someone who wanted one gets a nice new spoiler. Win-win.

Just remember to swap decklids afterwards as well. :giggle:

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Great to hear...

I loved the 2015 GT’s with no spoiler. If you do remove the spoiler make sure you do a ton of research into the body shop. They’ll need to tack in some sheet metal for the bolt holes, fill/putty and respray the deck lid.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I have 250 miles on mine, yes its notchy but it seems to be getting better. @VictorH changed the fluid in his Tremec, and it made a difference. I would have to go back and see what he replaced it with.

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks guys... so how does the normal 5.0 transmission feels vs the tremec... is it loose or what?
I would say the MT-82 is sloppy, notchy and inconsistent compared to the Tremec. The MT-82 actually feels really good running through the gears at higher rpm's but "normal" driving it feels a little sloppy.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The more miles you put on the Tremec, the smoother it will get. Feels like it's broken in now after 2400 miles here.

OP
OP

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
I have 250 miles on mine, yes its notchy but it seems to be getting better. @VictorH changed the fluid in his Tremec, and it made a difference. I would have to go back and see what he replaced it with.

Would like to know as well…

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Would like to know as well…
Honestly the fluid swap did a lot more for the MT-82 than I think it will for the Tremec. I did the fluid swap on my last car and it was worth it but I'm really not finding a reason for me to do it right now.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Below is the quote from Victor on what he used in the Tremec.

Yes, BG Synchroshift II. It may not be "approved" so not sure about warranty, but it sure makes shifting and smoothness much improved. Also, the drain and fill procedure is super easy. The fill and drain plugs are both marked on the driver's side of the car.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/drive-line/bg-syncro-shift-ii/

OP
OP

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
Below is the quote from Victor on what he used in the Tremec.

Yes, BG Synchroshift II. It may not be "approved" so not sure about warranty, but it sure makes shifting and smoothness much improved. Also, the drain and fill procedure is super easy. The fill and drain plugs are both marked on the driver's side of the car.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/drive-line/bg-syncro-shift-ii/
Thanks so much, you happen to know how may quarts?
Sponsored