Sponsored

Oil pump gear disaster

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Correct. It is a oil fed tensioner, that you drained all the oil out of when you compressed it to install it. Its going to have more play than normal. Willing to bet it would have been fine.

I've the boss tensioners but fitted them, can I just remove the old ones, swap in the boss ones and just run the car?

Are the tensioners a worth while upgrade or should I not have bothered?
Sponsored

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've the boss tensioners but fitted them, can I just remove the old ones, swap in the boss ones and just run the car?
Yes.

Are the tensioners a worth while upgrade or should I not have bothered?
If you plan on spinning well above the stock limiter they offer some extra security high in the RPM band. Not necessary if you're staying below stock limiter.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yes.

If you plan on spinning well above the stock limiter they offer some extra security high in the RPM band. Not necessary if you're staying below stock limiter.
I plan on GT 350 IM and spinning upto 7500rpm.

Is removing the old ones and fitting these and easy enough job to do in drive way?

Sponsored

OP
OP

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
It's back together and I didn't blow up! Thanks everyone for the help. You guys kick ass!

OP
OP

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
Hard to say. I replace the tensioners with boss ones and threw it all back together and it worked. The consensus seems to be that it would have probably worked all along, but the tapping noise of the non pressurized tensioner scared me so I never fired it.
Sponsored