Sponsored

Oil line recall update with positive dealer experience!

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just thought I would share an update from me on this (especially since it has a positive note on a Ford dealer which I don't see all too often).

Dealer ordered the parts for the recall a few days in advance and then took my car in for the day, I also asked them to do the first oil change since that was due and provide a quote to replace one side of my OTT stripe (only one half of the little sections below the front grill).

They did both the recall and the oil change but also added in things like fluid checks and top up, tire rotation and pressure check (for which they adjusted them all to 32), brakes and something to do with the electrics. They also spotted that my front splitter had been riveted on rather than using the proper clips and so sorted that.

The dealer ended up keeping my car an extra day but didn't charge me a penny for anything, even for the loaner car they gave me that was supposed to just be for the one day. On the downside they quoted $370 + tax for the tiny section of my stripe.
Sponsored

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
That's great news. My dealer here in Ottawa said the parts for the recall weren't available when I called yesterday. They called back after talking to their parts department saying they were now ordered...

On the stripe - someone else on here had good things to say about Big Worm Graphix for their stripe kits -

Big Worm Graphix - stripe kit / LED's for GT350

https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2015-17-gt350-mustang-dual-narrow-full-length-stripes.html

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
After trying to get my purchasing dealer as well as more than 10 large selling gt350 Chicagoland dealers having no clue about the recall or parts. I went to a friend who owns a small Ford dealership who only got 2 gt350's after I bought mine. They are a family business and performance based. Their service manager not only has changed more of the line recalls than they sold but knew about the filter wrench and other gt350 tidbits. I felt very confident in bringing them my car. They did the recall, oil change, fluid and overall car check and the splitter was on correct! All in less than 2 hours. Thanks Victor Ford in Wauconda! I also purchased a 8 year extended service contract as well from them since they said it exists and they will honor it. I wish Ford would have a better handle on their dealers or qualify them better. Just a shame since I had such a bad experience from my purchasing dealer but Victor Ford to the rescue.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Great to hear the good stories. Seems like positive feedback is kind of counterintuitive recently.

Sponsored

gumbygto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
jamesb1968 – what NY dealer? I’m in the Albany NY area and I need to get mine done. Thanks.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They also spotted that my front splitter had been riveted on rather than using the proper clips and so sorted that.
Good to hear you had a positive dealer experience. Just so you know, the rivets the dealer mentioned are indeed correct if they are the ones used to join the two halves of the main body of the splitter. I suspect that in the end, they changed nothing in this regard.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The dealer ended up keeping my car an extra day but didn't charge me a penny for anything, even for the loaner car they gave me that was supposed to just be for the one day. On the downside they quoted $370 + tax for the tiny section of my stripe.
I had to replace the stripes on the front bumper, That is the section they don't sell in a set, You have to buy each stripe individually. :doh:

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Thanks for sharing that! I work in the service industry and fully understand the 10 "oh shits" for one "attaboy" rule, esp with the "so easy to flame them" Internet.

Glad they took care of it and did the right thing for you. That's how you earn business... and keep it. :ford:

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Spoke to my service guy, he's the only guy allowed to touch Shelby's.He ordered the part with my vin, I broke my foot and couldn't drive her for 8 weeks, he kept everything under lock and key, I got her there and left her, asked him to do oil change and filter, at 1000 miles, did first at 250 second at 500 and now, went to pick her up and he was pissed, we have had fires north of us and the black showed some ash, he sent it for a wash, he rejected it and sent it back again, I told him I was going to take her home and Uber back to get my other car, he said no, he took a guy off line, followed me home, and took me back to get my daily driver, of course I tipped the guy, and made it back to work.
He also invited me to some races on Sunday, with comp tickets

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I had my recall done today, no issues, but didn't get my complimentary oil filter wrench that is on the paperwork. Maybe they will send it to me, I need to call.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I had my recall done today, no issues, but didn't get my complimentary oil filter wrench that is on the paperwork. Maybe they will send it to me, I need to call.
Complimentary oil filter wrench? First I've heard of this, but I'm still waiting on my car. Do tell more please.
Sponsored