HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That one will work, but it is the standard size as opposed to the compact size. So it will be bigger around and stick out farther from the pan. And the hose/drainer will only work with other standard size Femcos.

It's strange its $9 cheaper since both are directly from Femco and the cheaper one is more expensive to make (more material). Maybe overstocked.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just received the email below. It does not appear that the the new US website includes an online store. I checked and some of the earlier links in this thread still appear to work while others do not and still others are questionable.

Dear Valued Femco Drain Solutions Customer,

Sage Oil Vac Inc. is pleased to announce the acquisition of Femco Drain Solutions, the authorized dealer in North America of Femco Drain Plugs and accessories, manufactured by Femco Drain Technology in the Netherlands.

The acquisition becomes effective October 1, 2018, at which time Femco Drain Solutions will operate under the Sage Oil Vac brand and continue to be the authorized dealer in North America of Femco Drain Plugs and accessories.

NEW CONTACT INFO: SALES

Kyle Ottmers [email protected] 806-242-3120
Kevin Baker [email protected] 806-242-3113
Chance Castillo [email protected] 806-242-3111

ACCOUNTING

Patti Winkelman [email protected] 806-372-7559

SHIPPING & CUSTOMER SERVICE

Greg Grice [email protected] 806-242-3110

Lee Studer [email protected] 806-242-3118

NEW REMIT ADDRESS: P. O. Box 51680, Amarillo, TX 79159 – Physical Address: 360 N. Lakeside, Amarillo, TX 79118

PHONE NUMBER STAYS THE SAME: 1.855.336.2687

On behalf of the entire Sage Oil Vac team, we are incredibly excited about becoming the authorized dealer in North America of Femco Drain Plugs and accessories, and we look forward to doing business with you. Feel free to contact me personally if you have any questions about this transition.

We look forward to working with you,

Aaron Sage
Sage Oil Vac President and CEO

Thank you,

Kyle Ottmers
Sage Oil Vac
[email protected]
O: 806-372-7559
D: 806-242-3120

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
A member (@mikes2017gt) reports a Femco broke while tightening to 8 ft/lbs which is slightly less than the number Femco provided (and less than the Ford oil pan thread torque spec). https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...vice-w-oil-changes.110566/page-3#post-2378297

Well, that didn't go well. Was changing the oil in the F150 (Coyote engine so we can talk about here :D ) and I guess my cheap Harbor Freight torque wrench doesn't like very low settings (8 ft/lbs). I put the FEMCO valve in, starting tightening it down and the thing snapped clean in half. The valve kept turning and the wrench wasn't clicking so I figured all was well. Obviously not.

The FEMCO comes with a brass crush washer, so I know those require a little bit of torquing down, so I kept turning and *snap*. I was able to get the threaded portion of the valve out of the oil pan w/o any probs, thankfully.

Now I am really nervous about installing the other one in the Mustang. The torque rating for the valve is 12 newtons, which is equal to 8 ft/lbs. I probably should've used my inch pounds torque wrench and just set it accordingly. I have a monster Tekton brand torque wrench that goes 50-300 ft/lbs that works well. My other two torque wrenches are Harbor Freight garbage...I normally don't cheap out on tools...don't know what I was thinking back when I bought those things...it was probably the 20% coupon that got me.

I really wasn't cranking on the torque wrench at all. These FEMCO valves are made out of pastry shells, man.

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hm any suggestions for an alternative to the Ronin one? For 2018+

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I went with this company...https://aeroquipperformance.com/lookup.html?supercat=10
Scroll to bottom (for some reason it doesn't want to link to the direct page of just the Quick-Drain Oil Pan Couplers).
Several oil changes, no issues with it at all. Summit has them too but the part numbers don't exactly match; Summit has them as FBM and Aeroquip lists them as FCM but the numbers following are the same for both.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aer-fbm3137/overview/ is the male side that threads to the pan and
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aer-fbm3117/overview/ is the female side for draining that you plug a hose into to drain to your favorite container.
Sponsored