lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Definitely..I found all the components needed with the help from Adam (MAP) at a fraction of the cost & without cutting out quality
Setrab cooler? Where did you get fittings and lines?

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Mocal cooler , everything else I found locally AN fittings & braided lines. Just have to make the brackets for the cooler
The brackets i imagine is not the hardest of things, a good half hour in home depot would solve it

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I see so many posts with people trying to talk people out of reliability mods with statements like this. I autocross and do trackdays in Phoenix, haha. It always sounds so silly to me. Are autocrosses and 100 deg temps really so rare?
Chill

Some people will never see a track, and the OEM trans cooler is very good.

At the moment you'd have to do a custom solution for a trans cooler

OP
OP

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Chill

Some people will never see a track, and the OEM trans cooler is very good.

At the moment you'd have to do a custom solution for a trans cooler
Anthony I believe he was referring to the oil cooler unless I'm incorrect but as I mentioned with the weather here getting over 100 with the A/C on stop & go I've seen my temps get up to 215 & the coolant get up to 190 that wasn't even pushing the car the digital gauge on the dash read past the half way mark. I don't think autocross has any bearing in what the thread is about, to me I believe the car could use an oil cooler especially raising the power level just an added measure to keep the oil temps in check & in optimal operating range. Now you as maybe others don't think so which is fine it's one of those agree to disagree:thumbsup:

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
It looked like transmission.

Nevertheless I'd 100% get a oil cooler for a daily driver if I lived in Texas.

The gauge you are reading is however wrong. The oil temperature through the COBB AP is 30-65F off.

For everyday driving having TRUE oil temps below 200 would be nice, this will also keep coolant temps down as well.

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
well...sounds like you could just go ahead and sell some kits ready to go for us :)
It looked like transmission.

Nevertheless I'd 100% get a oil cooler for a daily driver if I lived in Texas.

The gauge you are reading is however wrong. The oil temperature through the COBB AP is 30-65F off.

For everyday driving having TRUE oil temps below 200 would be nice, this will also keep coolant temps down as well.
Im in Texas and im really considering an oil cooler plus i think it hanging in front of the radiator with a grill delete would look nice. I want to see a setup in the 250$-300$ range and ill buy from vender otherwise ill just piece something together and fab some mounts.
t20150502_184342.jpg

OP
OP

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Im in Texas and im really considering an oil cooler plus i think it hanging in front of the radiator with a grill delete would look nice. I want to see a setup in the 250$-300$ range and ill buy from vender otherwise ill just piece something together and fab some mounts.
That's about the price range I was able to piece it together

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
well...sounds like you could just go ahead and sell some kits ready to go for us :)
I put together a kit, but we are speaking HIGH quality products here (Setrab Cooler, Squirrelly Fittings) not eBay/Chinese stuff. So the price reflects that, and honestly it is probably out of everyone's budget for an oil cooler. I believe it will be something that could be sold after everyone gets full bolt on's on their car, or does some serious track days.

Setrab Kit - $640.00 shipped
Mocal Kit - $520.00 shipped

Thermostatic sandwich adapter
34 Row Oil Coolers (14x11x2)
Braided Black Nomex Hose
All -10 An Fittings, with Low Profile Banjos at the oil cooler

Like I said, quality comes with a price!

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I put together a kit, but we are speaking HIGH quality products here (Setrab Cooler, Squirrelly Fittings) not eBay/Chinese stuff. So the price reflects that, and honestly it is probably out of everyone's budget for an oil cooler. I believe it will be something that could be sold after everyone gets full bolt on's on their car, or does some serious track days.

Braided Black Nomex Hose

Setrab all the way
Once you install one and post pics I'd be in for one Adam
Had the Stett Racing Setrab cooler on my 135i
Honestly would not settle for anything less :thumbsup::thumbsup:

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
OP
OP

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP

Braided Black Nomex Hose

I haven't short cut the car with the parts I've placed on it & I won't start so no low end parts here I was able to get a Mocal cooler & Mocal oil filter adapter for a good price, the lines & AN fittings picked up locally if the lines work for there drag cars I don't see why they wouldn't work for my DD:thumbsup:
Sponsored