Cheap oil cooler

• Thread starter Deleted member
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
It doesnt have a thermostat
Which is bad for daily driving as it means it takes far longer for oil to get up to temperature and work at its best..

As for swapping it out, as long as the hoses connect (from memory the mishi uses AN10 connections?) then it will work.

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
In lieu of a thermostat, what about simply installing a valve inline to turn off the oil flow to the cooler while under normal use? Then you could flip the valve open when you go to the track.

Edit: I just read the whole description. Scroll down to the full description and it says it only fits a 5.0. I don't know if I would buy a product from a company that can't decide which engine it fits....

OP
OP

Deleted member

Which is bad for daily driving as it means it takes far longer for oil to get up to temperature and work at its best..

As for swapping it out, as long as the hoses connect (from memory the mishi uses AN10 connections?) then it will work.
I agree, which is why i want to do a setup with a thermostat. Reason i want one is not only for track days, but where i live in northern California we see 95*+ most of the summer sometimes hitting 110*+ and i commute 100 miles a day in traffic. Just want to do every little bit that helps keep the oil temps down.

Ideally if i can find a oil filter adapter with the right hose fittings for this kit and a port for an oil temp gauge, that's what I'd go with.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
one concern i would have is having enough capacity in the sump. the mishimoto kit for the 5.0 adds .75 QT , but that is for an engine with 10qt oil capacity, whereas the 2.3 capacity is roughly half that IIRC