Sponsored

Oil change interval

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
My GT will be parked for the winter months and unlikely to put more than about 8000km per year on the vehicle. Once per year will be the plan.
Sponsored

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Thanks for the posts. I guess next question is how about using 5w 30 being all my other cars use it. Make thinks simpler. Lol. I live in Kentucky so not very cold and don't drive in winter

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the posts. I guess next question is how about using 5w 30 being all my other cars use it. Make thinks simpler. Lol. I live in Kentucky so not very cold and don't drive in winter
5W-30 is winning.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
If car is driven year-round on fairly regular basis, then once a year would be fine. If you live in colder climates where the car is not driven for several months during the winter, then I would recommend changing the oil and filter before storing for the winter, so the engine is full of fresh clean oil versus oil that has been in it for many months. So would still be once a year just make change interval before storing for winter.

BD

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I go by mileage, this idea that oil goes bad after one year is crap. Oil goes bad if there's moisture in it that doesn't get vented out. As long as you regularly drive the car long enough to completely remove any moisture in the oil it's not going to get acidic. Sure if all you do is short trips that never allow the engine to get up to temperature for about an hour you need to change it more often. But if you're using the car as a road trip type car and most of your trips are not short then time shouldn't affect the oil.
Sponsored