Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Sygic works pretty good.
Meant to thank you. I saw your posts a few weeks ago and downloaded Sygic. It's probably the most seamless, smooth GPS app I've used on the unit. So happened one day an ad popped off for black Friday sale and I purchased the full program with traffic for $16 or something like that. It's nice not having to worry about having a hot spot up even though now that I am back on Android phone it's not an issue. It auto connects anytime I start it unlike the iPhone.
Sponsored

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
Hey guys, this has probably been asked before, but let's say I want to connect this unit to my ODB2 port somehow. Is there a direct wire that connects through the radio connector or do I need a Bluetooth ODB adapter? Has anybody successfully connected this radio to the ODB2 port along with a video capture camera to basically run in-car track video logging showing the braking force, acceleration, throttle pedal, brake pedal, manual gear, boost pressure from MAF, RPM, MPH, and lap times? If so, how did you connect it and what radio SW/FW version did you use?
For example, here is an overpriced BT ODB2 adapter with an android app:

https://www.plxdevices.com/Kiwi-3-OBD-Car-to-Smartphone-Connection-p/897346002832.htm

Here is a screenshot of what I really want to do with this android radio by connecting a forward-looking dash cam (in addition to the rear trunk cam) that starts with the car and records not only the video, but overlays and records the stats on the video like this (with maybe some boost PSI measurement also):

Thanks!
lap-timers.png

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
I just bought the radio for $500 and the ODB2 Bluetooth adapter for $11. After I hook it up (apparently with some extra cooling fans), I guess I'll be the first to try to get this working.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought the radio for $500 and the ODB2 Bluetooth adapter for $11. After I hook it up (apparently with some extra cooling fans), I guess I'll be the first to try to get this working.
From what I understand, they don't work with Bluetooth OBDII adapters.

Sponsored

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Where should we get the additional cooling fans from?

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
Their Chinese rep who sells the radio told me to buy the ODB2 BT adapter from him, so who knows if they did something to make it work. I'll probably have it in about a week or so, but maybe won't open it until Dec 25 :)

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Hey guys, this has probably been asked before, but let's say I want to connect this unit to my ODB2 port somehow. Is there a direct wire that connects through the radio connector or do I need a Bluetooth ODB adapter? Has anybody successfully connected this radio to the ODB2 port along with a video capture camera to basically run in-car track video logging showing the braking force, acceleration, throttle pedal, brake pedal, manual gear, boost pressure from MAF, RPM, MPH, and lap times? If so, how did you connect it and what radio SW/FW version did you use?
For example, here is an overpriced BT ODB2 adapter with an android app:

https://www.plxdevices.com/Kiwi-3-OBD-Car-to-Smartphone-Connection-p/897346002832.htm

Here is a screenshot of what I really want to do with this android radio by connecting a forward-looking dash cam (in addition to the rear trunk cam) that starts with the car and records not only the video, but overlays and records the stats on the video like this (with maybe some boost PSI measurement also):

Thanks!
You would need an external God for that to work, I could never get mine too

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyone know the cheapest place to get the Tesla Screen, Best I can find is $489.99 from China.... 2 Gigs memory 32 Flash mem, android 6 - I would prefer the 64gig version.

Sponsored

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What's the highest Android firmware the unit can support? I want it to atleast run on Android 6

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What's the highest Android firmware the unit can support? I want it to atleast run on Android 6
This unit is falling by the wayside for advancements and upgrades. There's a guy working on an 8" model that keeps factory HVAC controls.

club718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Anyone Know how I can get my temperature back to Fahrenheit from Celsius on my temperature settings for heat and Ac it was in Usa temp but now its back to Celsius

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
Does anyone hotspot their iphone 8 or X here? My Navi says authentication problem and wont connect.

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This unit is falling by the wayside for advancements and upgrades. There's a guy working on an 8" model that keeps factory HVAC controls.

Did people lose interest? considered going to a Sync 3 system over this, it will cost more but I want to retain most of the OEM stuff
Sponsored