Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
These things are already going up for sale used?
I'm selling mine because of my inability to get used to not having knobs and buttons. Otherwise its a pretty cool unit and it made my stock speakers sound better. I also barely drive my car, so that doesnt help me get used to it any.

WarEagleGT

S550 Newb
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Base model Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT, Auto trans
You might not have to count too high, but I'm still working on it.

There will likely be a Gen 2.5
Patrick.. Can you install the custom rom after updating without having to ROOT? Do you have to root to run the custom ROM?

Last edited:

Sponsored

WarEagleGT

S550 Newb
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Base model Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT, Auto trans
Disregard my last post I think I figured the update thing out, I edited it to say what I asked Patrick or anyone who might know, Does anyone know if you can install StangATX's custom rom after updating but NOT rooting?

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
So after you update, will the android version say 5.x.x? i just updated and it still says 4.4.4

rockney63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Vehicle(s)
16 track pack
Can anyone help me? my air doesn't work and none of my toggles work!!! I have a track pack with base radio. Tesla gen 2, just installed it yesterday.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Can anyone help me? my air doesn't work and none of my toggles work!!! I have a track pack with base radio. Tesla gen 2, just installed it yesterday.
You might wanna go to the advance settings and choose High Mustang instead of Low (Power cycle it when you do it).

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Seller says separate brain doesn't mean gen1. I'll boot this up tomorrow when I get y car back from the dealer and check out the hardware what it says. My issue is I have a GT350 and I wanted an all-in-one unit so there isn't loose or tie strapped parts moving around. I'll have to see how to mount the brain securely. Any words from others with a separate brain and display unit on how they mounted the brain?
You'll have to use the CD Player bracket. That's how mine was attached.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Well guys, it's been fun, but the lack of climate buttons on this thing has finally gotten to me. Impulse switched back to the base radio this weekend while doing some other work on the car.

I'm going to have to find another Android based unit that still keeps the buttons down below in the near future, as having the apps and everything was awesome!

For sale in the marketplace if anyone is looking currently. Trying to move it quickly as it'll just get lost in my overflowing garage otherwise lol

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
Just gotta figure out which one is Key1 and short it to the ground.
Hey stangatx, I've been enjoying my unit and all. However I never really got to fixing the radio issue since gen 2 didn't come with some harness you spoke of. I searched online for that cable however I don't really know which one it is. I'm not the most tech savvy. Help? My radio is just all staticky.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Well guys, it's been fun, but the lack of climate buttons on this thing has finally gotten to me. Impulse switched back to the base radio this weekend while doing some other work on the car.

I'm going to have to find another Android based unit that still keeps the buttons down below in the near future, as having the apps and everything was awesome!

For sale in the marketplace if anyone is looking currently. Trying to move it quickly as it'll just get lost in my overflowing garage otherwise lol
might check this out if you really want to retain hard buttons for CC.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76233
Sponsored