Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

samw369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima, Ford Mustang
So the unit finally works in a premium? That's awesome if so.
At least units from this factory will work in premium Mustang. They said that they will redo the harness for premium Mustang so that it will be plug and play for premium Mustang also.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Shouldn't we be receiving our tracking numbers by now?

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
At 6' and 275lbs, I got back there once, and I felt like the Hulk in a Sardine can.
Jeez you're making my day every times man :lol:

@StangATX
They installed the unit in my 2017 Premium Mustang yesterday. They had to modify their wiring, but everything is working now, except that I need to get a USB adapter. Antutu shows that it's 2 g ram 64 g rom. Here is a video they made:
It's not hard to trick Antutu it's only reading the specs that the manufacturer puts in the files system. Kinda like the 6.0.1 (Which should be Marshmallow) but in real they just fake it and it's still Kitkat lol. Best way to know it's to open the Hardware and looking for the nand chip. I'm glad you got the HU working on the Premium Mustang though. I believe you're official the first one :cheers: Keep us updated!

Shouldn't we be receiving our tracking numbers by now?
I was about to tag everyone. I talked to him last night. ( I forgot to post here. Sorry, I passed out. I haven't slept a lot lately ). He said that he forgot to tell me they had a 3 days holidays (Dragon boat or something like that). He said that he will be shipped on the 5th (2 more days to go). He apologize for the delay and that he forgot to let me (I guess all of us lol) that he forgot to tell us about the holiday. He also said a part of the main DHL facility in HK exploded due to a battery or something and it delayed a little bit to reopen and ship everything out. I will keep y'all updated. No Worries! :cheers:

@WarEagleGT, @Prowl647, @Marvinmadman, @Fray_s550

Sponsored

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
is that phoenixandroid site legit? the 1 yr warranty would be nice to have

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White

Sponsored

samw369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima, Ford Mustang
I love it when people come to this thread and start throwing stuff out there... A guy with 9 posts starts telling everyone it's a good place to buy, I'm sure it's completely safe.
I am not sure what you are trying to do here. Does more posts indicate better or more reliable information? Who brought people the news that the Tesla units work with premium Mustang now?

I just stated what I knew and told people about my own experience. I got the unit in about 25 days after payment, which I consider acceptable. Maybe I don't know online transactions as well as you. I think if I pay with PayPal and/or credit card(s) then I am covered for at least 180 days. Most probably, I would not wait 5 months before opening a claim if the item is not shipped. I am sure people doing group buy who send personal payments to you are better protected.

I guess anybody needs to start somewhere. Is there a rule saying that what kind of posts is not allowed unless I have how many posts? I don't think it's wrong for me to state what I know and post a referral link. People can choose to use the information or not. Some people may appreciate the information. If they think they are better off by sending personal payment to you, I don't think I would say anything. Is that the conflict of interest here?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I am not sure what you are trying to do here. Does more posts indicate better or more reliable information? Who brought people the news that the Tesla units work with premium Mustang now?

I just stated what I knew and told people about my own experience. I got the unit in about 25 days after payment, which I consider acceptable. Maybe I don't know online transactions as well as you. I think if I pay with PayPal and/or credit card(s) then I am covered for at least 180 days. Most probably, I would not wait 5 months before opening a claim if the item is not shipped. I am sure people doing group buy who send personal payments to you are better protected.

I guess anybody needs to start somewhere. Is there a rule saying that what kind of posts is not allowed unless I have how many posts? I don't think it's wrong for me to state what I know and post a referral link. People can choose to use the information or not. Some people may appreciate the information. If they think they are better off by sending personal payment to you, I don't think I would say anything. Is that the conflict of interest here?
I am only here to help people, and chew bubblegum..

...and I'm all out of bubblegum.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone

It's sad to say but we saw that website before and we got different feedback. I'm sure he didn't mean to say it the way you think he did. You won't be the first or the last one on a forum being new and bringing "Legit" link to help others (I've been there too lol) but most of the time when there's a new member who share a link it's for spam. I don't say you are (Bear in mind we are not against you at all). I don't think you're the bad guy here. I and I'm sure the other members appreciate your feedback about the experience you had with them. We all started with 0 post and we just took the ladder like everyone else here to build some kinda reputation. I hope you didn't get the wrong idea and you'll stick around here and share more with us what you think about the HU and if you did any other cool things with it. Everyone is welcome here :cheers:

Have a good evening :thumbsup:

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION]
They installed the unit in my 2017 Premium Mustang yesterday. They had to modify their wiring, but everything is working now, except that I need to get a USB adapter. Antutu shows that it's 2 g ram 64 g rom. Here is a video they made:
How did you get it to work in a Premium? Did you have someone install it for you? I am really curious. I sold my Tesla because I couldn't get it working, but I really want it. There needs to be a quick write up how to get it working in Premium cars. It can't be that hard. I had the extra Premium cables, but still no audio or backup camera. Please, spill the beans.
Sponsored