Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

bhooray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Grabber Blue
did that, HU doesn't do anything when I insert thumbdrive.

"update.img"is not the file that shows up after I extract the file, its "Custom_ROM_March..."
Sponsored

bhooray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Grabber Blue
I'll try that [MENTION=29138]Drivinglesson[/MENTION]

so far I've had to do a little more than directions stated

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone

"update.img"is not the file that shows up after I extract the file, its "Custom_ROM_March..."
go in that folder, you will see the "update.img" file. Cut it and paste it at the root of your thumb drive and delete that folder. If you don't know what I mean look up the website. I posted a complete tutorial on how to do it with pictures...:thumbsup:

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

Yes, you have to go into that folder and copy the file named update. Paste it onto your thumb drive, and be sure you have it formatted and free of anything else. Also, start the car and wait until you get past the boot screen to insert the drive. It takes about ten seconds to recognize the update. How big is your thumb drive? Mine is 8 gb's and works fine, but I remember people having problems on the first gen with a large thumb drive.

Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
What is the exact name of the file you have on the thumb drive?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still didnt work

v1 HU up for sale
Are you sure your USB key is formatted in FAT32? I just sent the update to another member and he did it perfectly... I wonder what's going on right now :confused:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your thumb drive should look like that...
Capture.JPG

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
[MENTION=26850]bhooray[/MENTION], did you get it figured out?

Sponsored

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
My idea of a boot screen

bhooray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Grabber Blue
[MENTION=29138]Drivinglesson[/MENTION], sorry for the delay. Yes, it finally updated but it was weird. I got the installing screen and it seemed to lock. After awhile the car turned off (10 minute timer I think). So I pulled the thumbdrive out and re-inserted and the HU wouldn't recognize it, gave me a weird error screen. Turned everything off, opened door, then it booted normal with the update. So it was far from a smooth installation.
[MENTION=22748]soldier989[/MENTION] next time I just may do that! I'm in Dayton, not far at all.

Now, how would I remove the MPH and put something in its place on the home screen?

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
[MENTION=29138]Drivinglesson[/MENTION], sorry for the delay. Yes, it finally updated but it was weird. I got the installing screen and it seemed to lock. After awhile the car turned off (10 minute timer I think). So I pulled the thumbdrive out and re-inserted and the HU wouldn't recognize it, gave me a weird error screen. Turned everything off, opened door, then it booted normal with the update. So it was far from a smooth installation.
[MENTION=22748]soldier989[/MENTION] next time I just may do that! I'm in Dayton, not far at all.

Now, how would I remove the MPH and put something in its place on the home screen?
Always need to be doing these things with the car running so you don't risk it shutting off like it did for you on the timer.

And the launcher can't be changed like that. It's the launcher most of us requested so we finally have a nice digital speed readout :thumbsup:

You can change launchers if you want, however it sounds like you may be better off going over Soldier's place since it involves some slightly technical android knowledge. If your update didn't go smoothly like it should have, then a launcher change definitely won't for you...

bhooray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Grabber Blue
@Evil Minion the only reason I had my car off was because I was in my garage, the tutorial video only took about 3 mins start to finish, I had no reason for concern.

Agreed though, I'll have soldier do anything with this HU, lol :headbonk:
Sponsored