Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Jswarek, same problem

I just tried installing my Telsa in a Premium. But I have a bunch of left over cables from the Tesla, and have some from the car that don't plug into the Tesla. Anyway, the unit works, I can connect and watch equalizer work, but I get no sound. I'm hoping it is just because of unused wires, but since we both have Premium, I am worried there might be an issue with Premium audio.

Here is a link to the unused cables and some pics of the cables from the car that cannot plug into the Tesla. Maybe someone can help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q1uw3jrfhaydj7e/AABeb_6Q7qLd_c1ErDuOgPEUa?dl=0
Sponsored

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Yeah, it looks odd :)

My wife went to USPS, but I printed it out in the following format (which they were able to figure out from):

Liu Chaoren
Tianjiacun Nanchenqu Dongguang
523099 Guangdon
China
Screenshot it, I'll send it tomorrow. Stock unit is back on now, right before sun down. Thanks for the help.

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
Great video. Those fingerprints tho :(

I wonder if there are already precut screen protectors out there that would work on this. Would definitely help with fingerprints.
I was looking for one that would fit the screen. One that's anti-fingerprint and anti glare would be great. Like one from amFilm for mobile phones.

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT w/ H-Pipe & Catback
I was looking for one that would fit the screen. One that's anti-fingerprint and anti glare would be great. Like one from amFilm for mobile phones.
Someone stated he had a protector on his many many pages ago when Patrick posted a video it is somewhere in here in the beginning Paiges

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I just tried installing my Telsa in a Premium. But I have a bunch of left over cables from the Tesla, and have some from the car that don't plug into the Tesla. Anyway, the unit works, I can connect and watch equalizer work, but I get no sound. I'm hoping it is just because of unused wires, but since we both have Premium, I am worried there might be an issue with Premium audio.

Here is a link to the unused cables and some pics of the cables from the car that cannot plug into the Tesla. Maybe someone can help.

Disconnect that black box from the loose cable (Pic 3) and connect it to the white plug that's hooked up to your ca (Pic 6).

Connect the cable with the 3 yellow, red, and white RCAs (Pic 2) to the control box and connect the yellow loose RCA in your car to the one that says "camera".

You don't need the others.

My guess is that your audio will work when you connect the black box to your car.

Sponsored

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Disconnect that black box from the loose cable (Pic 3) and connect it to the white plug that's hooked up to your ca (Pic 6).

Connect the cable with the 3 yellow, red, and white RCAs (Pic 2) to the control box and connect the yellow loose RCA in your car to the one that says "camera".

You don't need the others.

My guess is that your audio will work when you connect the black box to your car.

Damn bro,
If you are right, you tha shit. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks a bunch. I've been installing stereos here and there for 20 years, but this is a new beast. I also saw a wiring mod to make the tach gauge work. Is that still what I need to do?

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
List of group buy:
[MENTION=29186]2017PPGT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29343]jmm042[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29225]elpatronvega[/MENTION] , [MENTION=16506]Oakley_5OH[/MENTION] , [MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] , [MENTION=25500]try714[/MENTION]

http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking.html

Here are the tracking numbers:

I contacted the seller saying that the tracking numbers aren't working. He told me that today DHL agent (I guess he meant Agency :shrug:) was closed but that tomorrow night for sure we should receive an update. He's gonna send me a picture of all 6 units that left DHL. So let's give him one more day and I warned him that tomorrow if there's nothing PayPal will take over. I have my PayPal claim ready to be escalated :thumbsup: I guess they've had a delay with the old HU and new HU to be ready.

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn bro,
If you are right, you tha shit. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks a bunch. I've been installing stereos here and there for 20 years, but this is a new beast. I also saw a wiring mod to make the tach gauge work. Is that still what I need to do?
On my Premium, the tach worked with the Premium cables, so you should be good.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
List of group buy:
[MENTION=29186]2017PPGT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29343]jmm042[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29225]elpatronvega[/MENTION] , [MENTION=16506]Oakley_5OH[/MENTION] , [MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] , [MENTION=25500]try714[/MENTION]

http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking.html

Here are the new tracking numbers (They all work properly now):

[MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] : 2594185860
[MENTION=16506]Oakley_5OH[/MENTION] : 2594171300
[MENTION=29343]jmm042[/MENTION] : 2594180610
[MENTION=29225]elpatronvega[/MENTION] : 2594183351
[MENTION=29186]2017PPGT[/MENTION] : 2594177471
[MENTION=25500]try714[/MENTION] : 2594188262

He sent me a picture of all the labels for each one of your packages. I checked all of them and they all work properly. You should all receive it within 3-5 days. (Usually, it takes 3 days unless there's an issue at the custom). Keep an eye on your tracking. It's coming NEXT WEEK!!!

PS: You should receive a text message pretty soon. He double checked with DHL.

jskwarek

Buy, ***, Sell, Repeat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skwareks.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB

Here's the weird part. I don't have those cables, nor that black box. Here's the cables I received with my unit. The black plug that reads CAN has nowhere to plug into on the factory harness. I'm in contact with the manufacturer through email address [email protected] but his English is very lacking and tells me the black box you have is not needed. He is going to speak to his engineers and get back to me. I'm truly about to fold on this project and request a refund. Not impressed, so far.

0n_RDRzrY2hxWI3H8fmst-WYZi0m0bNNQJghpAbKpXTLJ05MOaVCDdrCw7F869ESd73ofGzAc8kyHXqqsTk=w477-h635-no.png

Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Great video. Those fingerprints tho :(

I wonder if there are already precut screen protectors out there that would work on this. Would definitely help with fingerprints.
It comes with a screen protector. You won't really notice them, you were seeing them in the reflection. Plus, they clean easy. I am a mechanic, so I tend to have stuff on my hands.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
good vid

upset that it doesn't auto connect to hotspot with iphone. anyone else can confirm that it happens to them also?

Once connected though, does it ever drop?

can you show running pandora or something on your phone directly and showing the bluetooth screen on the tesla unit?
As requested.

[ame]

RVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It comes with a screen protector. You won't really notice them, you were seeing them in the reflection. Plus, they clean easy. I am a mechanic, so I tend to have stuff on my hands.
The film on the screen is not really a screen protector you want to use. It's simple TPU film that prevents scratches, but the thing itself will scratch (it's meant to protect the screen, but not be used as a permanent screen protector). You probably want something more like this, but it's a bit of a gamble to see if it fits properly (might have to remove the plastic housing, put it on the screen and put the plastic housing back on).

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
The film on the screen is not really a screen protector you want to use. It's simple TPU film that prevents scratches, but the thing itself will scratch (it's meant to protect the screen, but not be used as a permanent screen protector). You probably want something more like this, but it's a bit of a gamble to see if it fits properly (might have to remove the plastic housing, put it on the screen and put the plastic housing back on).
Yeah, mine came with a screen protector. It was under the protective film that had the blue tab to remove after install.