Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
^ Might be good advice....

Get a better pic that doesn't pixelate when zooming, but it might be just under the chip marked B037033FY
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I'm not actually going to short anything on the unit.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Eh, just trying to help dig through the XDA forums to help. Dont know just how done you are, and far you were willing to go at this point. Dont blame you. Have you tried taking the board out, go see if they happened to put something underneath?

Phantom24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT PP
C17, Found it..... :headbonk:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
We're not sure yet, but it's stuck in a boot loop, and the guys in China don't wanna tell me the secret sauce to get it in recovery mode, which would allow me to fix it in 10 minutes, and that includes a cigarette break.
Patrick, I told the guy in China that I was having second thoughts due to the quality control issues, and he was practically begging me to wait while he personally inspects my unit, yeah right. Anyway, I told him that I would only be willing to stick it out if he sends me the instructions on getting to the recovery mode. Fingers crossed bro.

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eh, just trying to help dig through the XDA forums to help. Dont know just how done you are, and far you were willing to go at this point. Dont blame you. Have you tried taking the board out, go see if they happened to put something underneath?
Yeah, I've disassembled everything.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patrick, I told the guy in China that I was having second thoughts due to the quality control issues, and he was practically begging me to wait while he personally inspects my unit, yeah right. Anyway, I told him that I would only be willing to stick it out if he sends me the instructions on getting to the recovery mode. Fingers crossed bro.
He's full of excuses. First he tried to tell me it was a patented process, then he tried to say there was no recovery mode, then he started saying he didn't know what recovery mode is, then he sais recovery mode is broken... I told him to put his ass in his car, and drive to the building where they make the units, and ask "How do you put Android in this box?" and take notes, pictures, videos, or whatever he had to do to get me the information, or I was requesting a refund from PayPal in 24 hours. Then I brought up the fact he hasn't sent me tracking information for my replacement host yet... Radio silence.

Looks like I'm gonna request a refund tomorrow.

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
I have been nice to him and suggested that we are just trying to make his product better. So far no dice, he did offer to translate the chinese for us though!

We can always try to get into recovery mode from an app...

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been nice to him and suggested that we are just trying to make his product better. So far no dice, he did offer to translate the chinese for us though!

We can always try to get into recovery mode from an app...
I have been in recovery mode when it worked. When I installed ROMToolBoxPro, it allowed me to reboot into recovery mode, but that doesn't do much for us if the unit won't boot. I'm not Android savvy enough to know if we can somehow change how it boots into recovery, like if we could make the SWC's work with it.

If I actually get a replacement host, I may send my unit off to someone with the expertise to figure it out.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
He's full of excuses. First he tried to tell me it was a patented process, then he tried to say there was no recovery mode, then he started saying he didn't know what recovery mode is, then he sais recovery mode is broken... I told him to put his ass in his car, and drive to the building where they make the units, and ask "How do you put Android in this box?" and take notes, pictures, videos, or whatever he had to do to get me the information, or I was requesting a refund from PayPal in 24 hours. Then I brought up the fact he hasn't sent me tracking information for my replacement host yet... Radio silence.

Looks like I'm gonna request a refund tomorrow.
This is what he sent me, not my Engrish.

"you friend he also ask me the recovery mode .but i donot have .The navigation can be connected to a computer via USB conversion line, like mobile phones..thank you"

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what he sent me, not my Engrish.

"you friend he also ask me the recovery mode .but i donot have .The navigation can be connected to a computer via USB conversion line, like mobile phones..thank you"
Yeah, he said something similar to me, and I said, "Well how do they install Android on the host initially?" and that's when he said it's a patented process. I think it's using one of the cable slots on the back that we don't have a cable for. I think there's an unused 10-pic connection, which would be IDEAL for a dual USB OTG connection.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
A patented process... Being that their company bought this product from that manufacturer, wouldn't that give them the licensed rights to make repairs to their unit, if need be? What an excuse.

I'm fairly unmotivated to make any changes to this unit, given your experience man. Sorry your going through this and I hope they to send you a new brain/host. Or get a refund and we all chip in to buy you one...lol

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He's just blowing smoke, and STILL no tracking info for my parts. Looks like I'm out of luck. Paypal came back and told me since everyone else in the group buy ended up getting their units, I have nothing to stand on in the claim.
Sponsored