Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
Hey guys

So this is my first post. I have just read all 227ish pages of this today and it's a lot!! I have probably screenshotted and bookmarked at least 30 different things or more. LOL. I ordered mine from that Phoenix website that a couple if you were talking about and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. Once I get it, I will update everybody after I install it and see what's different. I had a 2016 V6 and I had the Tomtop that I installed and it worked pretty good other than the backlight dimming every time you would turn off the car and you would have to go back to settings to change it every time. Not a big deal, but I wanted something bigger and hopefully better when I just got this 2017 GT. I do have the Base Performance package, not the premium. So hopefully everything will go okay. I know on my tomtop from like a year or two ago, I was using Stangas website that I stumbled across accidentally to update that unit. I plan on doing the same as well. I just need a username and password from you if that's possible, sir. I am getting the 2gb 64 and I'm guessing the Gen 2. Just figured I would update. It seems like the thread died down a little bit more than what it has been. Hopefully we can keep it going for the newer models also and get some custom roms working. As soon as I get it installed, I will post pics, unless I run into issues obviously. Nice to meet you guys!!! I feel like I already know some of you by seeing so many posts. Haha
Sponsored

Rocktight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So I first want to say thanks for everything everyone has done so far on this system. I will be honest, I have not read every page, but most of it and had a few questions.

First, my version is 4.4.4.....should I update?

Second, has anyone had their backup camera just kinda work when it wants to? Seems like it just depends if it was turned on with start up of the car. Is this a bad cable?

Third, neither one of my USB ports work. I plug my iPhone in and it just doesn’t link or start charging. Is it possible to have them backwards? Meaning I hooked the wrong one in for the front USB versus the console USB?

I have tried to read through these post and just had these few questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
So talked to Phoenix today and I was assuming that they had them in stock at their warehouse in California. Apparently, I was wrong. They Do the order and then have it shipped from China. So I guess I'm going to be waiting a week or two for my item. They gave me a tracking number today, so I'm on the waiting game like everybody else was or is. I will keep everyone updated when I get mine.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
So I first want to say thanks for everything everyone has done so far on this system. I will be honest, I have not read every page, but most of it and had a few questions.

Second, has anyone had their backup camera just kinda work when it wants to? Seems like it just depends if it was turned on with start up of the car. Is this a bad cable?

Third, neither one of my USB ports work. I plug my iPhone in and it just doesn’t link or start charging. Is it possible to have them backwards? Meaning I hooked the wrong one in for the front USB versus the console USB?

I have tried to read through these post and just had these few questions. Any help would be appreciated.
Im having the same issue as you with the oem usb locations. I'm in for some help as well. Otherwise I love it.

statix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Statix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

I had the same issue with the backup camera. I bought a new camera :headbonk: and check the cable too. I was able to get it to work by disconnecting the camera for a minute or two and then reconnecting it. Also I try to leave the unit disconnected from the internet when the internet is not needed. Apparently this helped me with the backup camera to have a stable viewing.

Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6

You did not hook the wrong one. You have to use all the power that almighty god gave you and put as much pressure as you can to secure the harnesses. In my case, I melted the aftermarket plastic harness using my stove so that the usb metal is exposed. It made a solid connection and then I used zip ties to really hold it tight.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
So I installed my unit today. Took about 1 1/2 hours to do. Everything worked perfect the first time, including the backup camera issues people were having problems with. I don't have the Chinese startup. It is a silver mustang. And I have 6.0 Android. Everything on it seems to be perfect so far. Only thing I don't like is the brightness of the screen with sunlight. Mainly the blackish ac controls at bottom. Anything black isn't too great in sunlight. All other colors are fine. That would be the only thing I would change. My mode button toggled through options for radio. It does not do the AC controls anymore.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Well, I changed the UI theme in the settings and I can see everything now. But now my only issue is the backup camera it's kind of dark. Don't get why it's doing that. Anybody else have that issue?

Sponsored

brav0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Black Accent Pkg
There is seller on AliExpress selling Tesla unit with 7.1 android software. Doesn’t anyone know if the unit will boot up faster with the later android? Is the interface any different?

brav0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Black Accent Pkg
I did email them to see if there is a video of the interface and boot up time but they said it is the same as 6.0. It is too bad, I was hoping that a newer software would improve the boot up time at least. I can’t find any reviews on YouTube of this unit yet.

Here is a link:

http://s.aliexpress.com/nUVRfiAZ
Sponsored