Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Doubt it. Could you pull the lower manifold to gain access to the bolt? Or did it break flush with the head?

Edit: Never mind, just realized you have the V6.
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doubt it. Could you pull the lower manifold to gain access to the bolt? Or did it break flush with the head?

Edit: Never mind, just realized you have the V6.
That a view from my intake. I took a blurry picture whenever I removed it quickly and it's flush...
17 - 1.jpg
17 - 2.jpg

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
So its a metal part in a plastic body? It hard to see whats going on there. So you have a picture from the side?

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Left hand drill bit should get it out
What size do you think I'll need? I've never done that before. I'm kinda scared... As you can see I'm more of a tech guy than a mechanical guy :lol:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
List of Group buy:

@usgiorgi : Waiting on confirmation...
@WarEagleGT : Waiting on confirmation...

@Prowl647 : Confirmed
@Marvinmadman :
Confirmed
@Fray_s550 :
Confirmed
Local_Buyer : Confirmed

The group buy will end this weekend.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So its a metal part in a plastic body? It hard to see whats going on there. So you have a picture from the side?
I do but really blurry. It's a metal bolt that's inside a goldenish (Metal?) threaded part that's in the lower intake manifold (Which is plastic). I don't know if that makes sense lol.:headbonk:

EDIT: The gold part is the threaded hole that your bolt is screwing in. It's basically glued on to the plastic part of the manifold.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I'd just go to a parts store and look at their kits. They usually have a few different sizes. Go a little smaller so you don't hit the threads in the insert. If you do hit the threads, there's always a heli coil kit to remedy that. What about getting a new insert from Ford?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd just go to a parts store and look at their kits. They usually have a few different sizes. Go a little smaller so you don't hit the threads in the insert. If you do hit the threads, there's always a heli coil kit to remedy that. What about getting a new insert from Ford?
I just got my car back from warranty. I don't want them to void my warranty later on if I have a problem down the road... I just ordered that new bolt and I should get it tomorrow. Now, I just need to get that sucker out and I should be fine...

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
@firestarter2 Check this out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.btserver

That might let you use the Bluetooth on the HU for Torque somehow...
I tried every solution I could find under the sun, Torque even has a plugin that is SUPPSOED to let your radio get the data with your phone as an access point... but it doesn't work. Liu sent me a DHL tracking number, so I should have my Gen2 in 10-14 days, but I'm probably going to just try to trade it for a Sync3 setup if possible, or just sell it. The long boot time and lack of hard controls for HVAC are just too much of a deal breaker for me.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I tried every solution I could find under the sun, Torque even has a plugin that is SUPPSOED to let your radio get the data with your phone as an access point... but it doesn't work. Liu sent me a DHL tracking number, so I should have my Gen2 in 10-14 days, but I'm probably going to just try to trade it for a Sync3 setup if possible, or just sell it. The long boot time and lack of hard controls for HVAC are just too much of a deal breaker for me.
You said that whats long mine is about 20 seconds (I would guess).