Official Resonator Delete Thread

samir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samir
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
So based off of the responses, if you want more muscle car like sound, then go with an H pipe, not an X pipe.

The LTH will retain OEM and make it sound like the GT350R, I believe doing a 2.75 pipe will make it sound similar since they both are 2.75" the Lethal Performance one will make it a little deeper but still retains the FPC race care tone so thats maybe what you want.

I would say go with the Lethal Performance, since its inexpensive and you can revert back to OEM if you want. Last time I checked Shiftech costs alot and I believe requires some welding, so you can't revert it if you wanted to do so. If you do like the Lethal Performance you can just go for an H pipe one instead.

Im going with the LTH because I like the OEM sound, and want it to sound like the GT350R :)

Much appreciated. I'll keep it X pipe. As much as I love muscle car sounds, I love the stock sound for sure and don't wanna get too far from that. Just wanna kick it up a notch and get more of those sweet sweet pops and gurgles. So that leaves me between the LTH and the Lethal Performance. To your point I'm leaning towards Lethal Performance. The Shiftech actually seems identical https://www.shifteck.com/products/shifteck-resonator-delete-x-pipe-gt350 but it's almost half the price of the LP and can't figure out the difference.

Any idea Lethal Performance 3" vs. LTH 2.75"
  • Would there be slightly more HP (some advertise more HP like MBRP)
  • Would one have more crackles and pops (I hover around 4k rmps a lot just to listen to those machine guns going off)
  • Would one be any louder over the other, or just slightly different tone
(Side note: I'm running E85, no tune, using Advanced Fuel Dynamics system. If that makes any difference. As I did notice some difference in pops and gurgles switching to E85.)
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Much appreciated. I'll keep it X pipe. As much as I love muscle car sounds, I love the stock sound for sure and don't wanna get too far from that. Just wanna kick it up a notch and get more of those sweet sweet pops and gurgles. So that leaves me between the LTH and the Lethal Performance. To your point I'm leaning towards Lethal Performance. The Shiftech actually seems identical https://www.shifteck.com/products/shifteck-resonator-delete-x-pipe-gt350 but it's almost half the price of the LP and can't figure out the difference.

Any idea Lethal Performance 3" vs. LTH 2.75"
  • Would there be slightly more HP (some advertise more HP like MBRP)
  • Would one have more crackles and pops (I hover around 4k rmps a lot just to listen to those machine guns going off)
  • Would one be any louder over the other, or just slightly different tone
(Side note: I'm running E85, no tune, using Advanced Fuel Dynamics system. If that makes any difference. As I did notice some difference in pops and gurgles switching to E85.)
Oh I see I must have been thinking of a different shifteck product or maybe the axel back exhaust? I remember looking at one of the products from shifteck and it was like $1,800. Its been awhile since I was looking for one. Didn't know that it was cheaper.

For HP gains, I really don't know you'd have to refer to the experts on that. From my understanding you don't get alot of gains from just deleting the resonators, you would have to get a full exhaust and new headers in order to see a slight performance gain.

From what I've gathered here, the Lethal Performance is a tad bit louder although its not louder by a significant amount, for crackles and pops I don't really know they I think they are just about the same, I'd say maybe the Lethal Performance would have more because the LTH 2.75" is really designed to be just like the pipes under the GT350R so its really designed to give louder, and clearer OEM sound. The consensus seems to be OEM = LTH. So I'd say since you want a bit more than OEM go with Lethal Performance.

I don't know how those mods affect the exhaust but regardless of what you go with you'll hear more crackles.

Snoogens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I dont think the 2.5" straight pipe sounds "tinny" but I'm a little biased, haha

I did post a video in this thread in case it helps but my dyno video probably gives a better idea with WOT.

As for the crackles and pops...I was going the other direction with NOT wanting those and consider mine successful. There is however, an Easter egg of sorts if you are engine braking and give it the slightest bit of gas it crackles and pops for days...

Best of luck finding the sound you want!

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
I dont think the 2.5" straight pipe sounds "tinny" but I'm a little biased, haha

I did post a video in this thread in case it helps but my dyno video probably gives a better idea with WOT.

As for the crackles and pops...I was going the other direction with NOT wanting those and consider mine successful. There is however, an Easter egg of sorts if you are engine braking and give it the slightest bit of gas it crackles and pops for days...

Best of luck finding the sound you want!
That video is perfect and illustrates the EXACT sound I experienced in mine with the OEM X with 2.5" straight pipe welded in. (granted length has a lot to do with tone and resonance, so slightly different length 2.5" pipe will yield different sounds).

You can hear perfectly at the 16 second mark the resonance as the car goes though the 3,300 rpm - 3,800 rpm range when the rasp becomes overly resonance enhanced. That is the "flapping pie tin" tone I experienced as the car distinctly changes tone just in that specific range. The 3,500 rpm range is where I cruse on the highway at 5th gear, so I found that tone to be annoying.

After I switched to the 2.75" pipe the GT350R uses, that harmonic rasp resonance went away in the 3,500 rpm range and the car has the same progressive tone thoughout its RPM range.

I prefer this. Dont forget, tone, sound, goals, are all individual and vary. I too know people who prefer there harmonic 2.5' pipe. Just say's :)

Last edited:

samir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samir
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I've called around a few exhaust places to just cut out the resonators and put a pipe in place. The shop said they usually just use aluminized steel versus stainless. Think that's OK?

Most of the resonator full kits out there are high-quality T304 Stainless Steel. Or should I call around until I find someone that will put a Stainless pipe?

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I've called around a few exhaust places to just cut out the resonators and put a pipe in place. The shop said they usually just use aluminized steel versus stainless. Think that's OK?

Most of the resonator full kits out there are high-quality T304 Stainless Steel. Or should I call around until I find someone that will put a Stainless pipe?

T304. In my opinion.

Goodluck.

samir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samir
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
T304. In my opinion.

Goodluck.
Found a place that will do stainless, said he has 409 in stock, should I go buy my own T304 to bring or just roll with the 409?

Also, 2.5" vs. 2.75" vs. 3" ? He said they have 2.5" and 3" in stock.
Seems like reading this forum people recommend going 2.75" instead 2.5"

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
T304. In my opinion.
I agree... go stainless!
The aluminized metal has very high surface/air friction values and actually slows down the air flow, thus restricting the engine capacity which reduces the horsepower by 40%...!!!

BULLSH!T DISCLAIMER
Everything in the above post was absolute B.S. except for the part about "go stainless".

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Found a place that will do stainless, said he has 409 in stock, should I go buy my own T304 to bring or just roll with the 409?

409 or 304. Do some research on the differences and maybe that will help you in your decision.

Goodluck.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L

I second the importance of keeping metals similar. Doing aluminized steel with the OEM 409 stainless will just rust out due to metal dissimilarity and heat accelerated oxidation (rust).

I did 2.5" stainless first but I found some odd harmonic issues around 3,500 rpm. I then went with 3" and found a loss in throttle reposnce due to the larger volume slowing exhaust velocity.

I finally went with 2.75" and it was perfect... I then traded my GT350 car and got a GT350R with the OEM 2.75" pipe without resonators. I can say (having owned both) that the 2.75" 409 stainless pipe is an EXACT match to the RT350R sound. No odd harmonic issues like with 2.5" pipe.

I had to buy my 2.75" 409 stainless pipe off eBay for like $50. Then paid $50 to have it welded in. $100 and a perfect R sound.

Sponsored

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Heritage Shelby GT350, 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak(on Res)
Can anyone recommend a A1 exhaust shop in the Hampton Roads area of VA?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Want killer sound ? Go with cat delete pipes and, the LP X-pipe. :inlove: Lov'n it. :rockon: This does require the rear cats be shut off, so a tune is necessary. Livernois did mine and included E85. Definitely rocks ! :handsinair:

Snoogens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing, sounds interesting! Definitely loud but curious to know the impact to the tone...sound clips by any chance?

Want killer sound ? Go with cat delete pipes and, the LP X-pipe. :inlove: Lov'n it. :rockon: This does require the rear cats be shut off, so a tune is necessary. Livernois did mine and included E85. Definitely rocks ! :handsinair:

Ash1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350 Race Red
I love my Corsa X pipe. The cracks and pops make it worth getting for me.
Sponsored