Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

The Road Well Heeled

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage
What kind of clothing do you recommend for the time in the car? I’m guessing you can’t wear shorts...
Just got back. Yup, lots of water!!!!
Tim, It was a great time in NC. Pleasure to meet you and drive together in your group. Looking forward to seeing you in Boulder later this year.

Todd

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Glad I'm going in November.. 🙃

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
If you get an older GT350 without air, do what I did.
Take the racing suit into the restroom and put it on in there while going Commando...!!!

FINEPRINT DISCLAIMER
I really wanted to let that go on for a while and see the responses.
It was hot when I was there and I soaked all of my clothes... shorts, t-shirt and underwear.
It was so much fun I didn't even care.

They supply PLENTY of water!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
If you get an older GT350 without air, do what I did.
Take the racing suit into the restroom and put it on in there while going Commando...!!!

Funny but that’s the last thing you want to do.
I know they “clean” the suits between uses but one persons clean is not another’s.
Seriously, UnderArmour and others make great sweat wicking gear to keep you somewhat fresh… Makes a huge
difference.
I’d also bring some Mission brand cooling cloths, they are a lifesaver.

FINEPRINT DISCLAIMER
I really wanted to let that go on for a while and see the responses.
It was hot when I was there and I soaked all of my clothes... shorts, t-shirt and underwear.
It was so much fun I didn't even care.

They supply PLENTY of water!

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Wow. I've never heard of Mission cooling cloths, but I just ordered one.

Thank you!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Wow. I've never heard of Mission cooling cloths, but I just ordered one.

Thank you!
You are quite welcome.
I‘ve lived in a desert climate for well over half my life. Three years ago I had a heat exhaustion episode that almost took me out, it was darn near heat stroke. The following summer it “almost” happened again so I’ve got to be careful. Doing physical work when it’s 100+ takes its toll on you as you age.
Last year I discovered Mission and it’s been a godsend. I have one of their huge towels for an emergency but use their neck scarves daily. I just bought one of their floppy hats and it works great as well.
BTW…. They dry out pretty fast so stay on top of it.

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I know what you mean about heat stroke and aging. I've also lived in a desert-ish climate, since 1962. I've never had any issues with the heat, until I was surprised one 100+-degree day while waiting at Sharkey's. It can come on suddenly if one isn't aware and prepared.

Well, thanks again for the great tip. Everyone heading to a track event should consider this. I wish I'd had one when I did the Track Attack at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah. Now I know. :beer:

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 Focus RS
Those who have already been to the track attack, what time did your day end? They advertise 5pm but I've heard some mention 4pm I believe? I ask because I am trying to see what flight I can book to leave that evening. My available times are only 6pm and 6:45, otherwise I have to stay another night, which is not ideal.

The flight at 6 is quite a bit cheaper, but if the day doesn't end until 5, then an hour is not enough time, especially given it would be rush hour.

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Those who have already been to the track attack, what time did your day end? They advertise 5pm but I've heard some mention 4pm I believe? I ask because I am trying to see what flight I can book to leave that evening. My available times are only 6pm and 6:45, otherwise I have to stay another night, which is not ideal.

The flight at 6 is quite a bit cheaper, but if the day doesn't end until 5, then an hour is not enough time, especially given it would be rush hour.
I believe ours ended about 4:30. There didn't seem to be too much traffic in that area when we left from the FPRS.
Sponsored