Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yeah a $7,500 deductible is extremely high. I didn't opt to get insurance because I don't plan on doing crazy shit
I didn’t plan on it either. It was pouring rain on my track day, and had a few times the back end came out and was very glad in those moments I had it
Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Was it raining at the time, or the track wet? Thats my biggest worry. Even with having the insurance, it's still $7,500 out of pocket deductable.
It was pouring during my session. Definitely adds more stress to the day

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I know he didn’t buy the insurance because he was talking about it on a break. He said his homeowners policy covered him.
I don't know of any homeowners insurance that will cover you driving a rental race car on a race track. Even your auto insurance, which will cover you for car rentals, won't cover you if your racing it on a racetrack And I did call to verify it.
Imagine if you were covered by either, and had no monetary liability? You'd drive it like you stole it, as they say. :crackup:

Last edited:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I‘ll do my best to give the new to track guys a perspective from a new to track guy in regards to the GT350 Track Attack.
First off, if you’re nervous about the process, don’t be....you’ll have fun.
Everyone in attendance has different skill sets, don’t let the guys with years of track experience intimidate you.
All the instructors have enough experience to be very helpful. There are no stupid questions, just ask.
If you have questions before you get there, write them down because you’ll forget to ask. You’re caught up in the moment and really focused on the task at hand.
Do what the instructors tell you. They won’t push you past what they think you can do. Your safety is their priority. If you can’t keep up with the guy in front of you that’s ok, it’s not a race, it’s a learning experience to find out what your car is capable of which is way more capable than you.
You‘ll be tempted to drop into second gear on the inside part of the track, stay in 3rd as instructed.
If you buy the recorder (Race Keeper) keep an eye on the red light periodically. You can’t retrieve what isn’t being recorded.
I wear glasses and also ride motorcycles, I know not all eyeglasses work with helmets. Be sure and have fairly straight temples or you’ll have problems wearing glasses with your helmet.
When you think you did pretty good, wait until you go on the ride a long. Then you’ll get it.
Please feel free to add to this as I’m sure it’s needed.
Above all have a great time, you deserve it.

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I‘ll do my best to give the new to track guys a perspective from a new to track guy in regards to the GT350 Track Attack.
First off, if you’re nervous about the process, don’t be....you’ll have fun.
Everyone in attendance has different skill sets, don’t let the guys with years of track experience intimidate you.
All the instructors have enough experience to be very helpful. There are no stupid questions, just ask.
If you have questions before you get there, write them down because you’ll forget to ask. You’re caught up in the moment and really focused on the task at hand.
Do what the instructors tell you. They won’t push you past what they think you can do. Your safety is their priority. If you can’t keep up with the guy in front of you that’s ok, it’s not a race, it’s a learning experience to find out what your car is capable of which is way more capable than you.
You‘ll be tempted to drop into second gear on the inside part of the track, stay in 3rd as instructed.
If you buy the recorder (Race Keeper) keep an eye on the red light periodically. You can’t retrieve what isn’t being recorded.
I wear glasses and also ride motorcycles, I know not all eyeglasses work with helmets. Be sure and have fairly straight temples or you’ll have problems wearing glasses with your helmet.
When you think you did pretty good, wait until you go on the ride a long. Then you’ll get it.
Please feel free to add to this as I’m sure it’s needed.
Above all have a great time, you deserve it.
Ditto on this! I was there yesterday. @VBGT350 sorry if I didn't get to meet you yesterday.

My two cents: It's a long day, it's quick and although not all day is behind the wheel you are occupied with instructional time. You run through three exercises in the morning, then lunch (less than 45 mins), then the track. The track time is lead/follow the entire time. If you thought you were going to get a free lap, think again and the instructors aren't going to let you hit the speeds you want. That was evident with your lap with an instructor at the end of the day. But then again they have decades of experience on the track and at least five years with the GT350. They are intimate with the track and the car. When on the track you are in groups of 2-3 with one lead instructor. We had probably 20 drivers yesterday.

You start off the day in one of two classrooms A or B with about an hour of instructions. Then you're off behind the wheel. One of the cool things is if you bring a guest, they are traveling with you in the car where ever you go. Bonus, because I thought they would be just sitting around. Although they are, they are with you.

I had a blast, all the instructors are very friendly and there to help you understand and get through the day with an awesome experience. They aren't going into any great details on the GT350; they aren't breaking down any great secrets or technical aspects of the car. One of the exercises you run through the modes, the rest of the time the car is in track mode.

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Ditto on this! I was there yesterday. @VBGT350 sorry if I didn't get to meet you yesterday.

My two cents: It's a long day, it's quick and although not all day is behind the wheel you are occupied with instructional time. You run through three exercises in the morning, then lunch (less than 45 mins), then the track. The track time is lead/follow the entire time. If you thought you were going to get a free lap, think again and the instructors aren't going to let you hit the speeds you want. That was evident with your lap with an instructor at the end of the day. But then again they have decades of experience on the track and at least five years with the GT350. They are intimate with the track and the car. When on the track you are in groups of 2-3 with one lead instructor. We had probably 20 drivers yesterday.

You start off the day in one of two classrooms A or B with about an hour of instructions. Then you're off behind the wheel. One of the cool things is if you bring a guest, they are traveling with you in the car where ever you go. Bonus, because I thought they would be just sitting around. Although they are, they are with you.

I had a blast, all the instructors are very friendly and there to help you understand and get through the day with an awesome experience. They aren't going into any great details on the GT350; they aren't breaking down any great secrets or technical aspects of the car. One of the exercises you run through the modes, the rest of the time the car is in track mode.
As for lunch and water, do they provide lunch, or do we need to bring food and water? I plan on having plenty of water in a cooler, but do I need to bring food too?
And I'm glad you mention about the guest going with you in the car. I better warn my wife to keep her shrieks down, and not be a back seat driver. :crackup:

Enduro Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT PP (RIP)
As for lunch and water, do they provide lunch, or do we need to bring food and water? I plan on having plenty of water in a cooler, but do I need to bring food too?
There‘s complimentary food and water available during almost every break from driving. Lunch is the post-COVID type you get these days: Sandwiches wrapped in plastic and everything else pre-packaged. My roast beef sandwich wasn’t too bad, honestly!

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
And I'm glad you mention about the guest going with you in the car. I better warn my wife to keep her shrieks down, and not be a back seat driver. :crackup:
I brought a bottle of water and didn't even use it. There is bottle everywhere. You will be able to drink as much as you like. Bathrooms at every location as well. As mentioned by @Enduro Man sandwiches, chips, cookies and more water and other drinks. I got the impression that if you are Vegan or have a special diet you can ask for a salad or something different than sandwiches.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I got the impression that if you are Vegan or have a special diet you can ask for a salad or something different than sandwiches.
Correct, a couple in our group had a “special” lunch.
Just tell them you’re a carnivore and you’d like your NY Strip medium rare,

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
One of the cool things is if you bring a guest, they are traveling with you in the car where ever you go.
thnx for the info. Bringing my boy with me and was worried a bit he might get bored.

Sponsored

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
thnx for the info. Bringing my boy with me and was worried a bit he might get bored.
@SmokinAces When You move to each location they ride with you. Of course while doing the exercises and track sessions they won’t be. They get to help you strap in and then take pics and vids. When you go to the track and take the first lap around with everyone he will be in the car for that. So you both get to see the track first hand in the car. My son went as my guest. He had a good time.

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350 Heritage Edition
Dang, I just want to get a call with a date to attend...

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I couldn’t imagine doing the TA in July, not in Concord anyways.
I live in a desert climate so humidity is something I’m not used to.
We couldn’t have asked for better weather last week.
Did it in July in Utah - I overheat easily and was pleasantly surprised to be so comfortable in 96F heat and that low humidity - sweat evaporating while drinking that much water is much nicer than a swampy heat, firesuits, helmets, and high excitement of such an event. Had to cancel going to Charlotte last year for TA (this time as an owner not guest) - would have been interesting. Enjoy folks!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
@SmokinAces When You move to each location they ride with you. Of course while doing the exercises and track sessions they won’t be.
Unless it changed for 2021 there are driving guests & non driving guests with respectively big hard to miss cost differences. I was a driving guest in 19 Utah and did EVERYTHING my brother in law did with the only difference being GT350 owners got GT350s day 1 and driving guests get race prepared Mustang GT's (same as what the racing school usually uses). The GT350's are owned by Ford for the 1 day part of purchase perc hence not being available for others or on the 2nd day.
Also, and likely this is repeat info, but Day 2 both owners & their driving guests are in Mustang GT's (in the past Boss Mustang based track cars with slicks was an option - now it seems SC2 tires is the option).

In our class most were in for 2 days, there were I think about 5 or 6 driving guests, there were some non driving spouses, and a couple of older non driving teens there. Yes, the non driving guests ie. teens were somewhat like pit crews/observers. These kids are likely use to their parents GT350 obsession ;-) Suggestion: give them a video capture task and that will both pass the time and give really nice b roll footage. In the end everyone (drivers & non driver guests) get to do the ride along with a pro hot lap which is a great reward for non driving observers too. Both days if doing a 2 day there is hot lap to cap each driving day (I assume they still do this). Be sure to video or snap pics of your guests during hot laps when you're just observing because from what I recall the pro photographer (day 1 only) is done, probably organizing content from earlier shots, before that part.

In Utah the year before we had the banquet and any in-car instruction was staff in the passenger seat but other than that same same same in terms of what they provide for the program...even the lunches sound the same as pre-covid. Have fun.
Sponsored

Last edited: