lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I'm sure they were not spoken by you. It was announcing a future purchase. I'll edit that out of the comments if you like.

I know there are plenty of sports car guys who buy and sell their cars often so this is just one car of many and they'll sell it when the next cool thing comes out. I tend to keep mine long term and like Mustangs in general. I really like my GT350, if it dies from engine stroke and I have to post a sad warranty story I'll be totally bummed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ARDrummond25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2017 Audi Q7 Premium
If any one is found to Laguna Seca on August 28 or Nov 27 PM me if you want to link up. Iā€™ll be there.

by the way, people fighting / arguing on the Internet is hilarious.

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R & ā€˜19 ZL1 1LE
I took Voodoo GT350ā€™s comment to mean that it is unfortunate folks attending a Ford-based performance driving school have to talk up their more exotic German and Italian car preferences. Nothing wrong with having those preferences, but maybe donā€™t talk about how the p-car is so much better than the car that brought everyone together in Charlotte. I admit my interpretation is partly based on personal interactions.

Agreed, thanks for the insight into what to wear and bring...among other things, I hadnā€™t even thought about sunglasses until you posted about it.

Voodoo GT350, what part of MT are you in? Iā€™m a MT native, in the Denver metro now. Iā€™ll see you there 8/6.

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
If any one is found to Laguna Seca on August 28 or Nov 27 PM me if you want to link up. Iā€™ll be there.

by the way, people fighting / arguing on the Internet is hilarious.
Im in Sacramento and head over to Carmel quite often. Whats going on at Laguna on August 28? Is November 27, the Turkey run or something like that? I am always driving the GT350 to Carmel, and could meet up. Jess

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Shorts and a t-shirt is all you need. It will be hot as hell in those suits. The worst part is waiting in the cars, helmet and hans on strapped in. Once you get going you forget about the heat, but waiting is the worst. I brought an extra shirt, but if you have a dry fit one it will dry out over lunch. I brought my racing shoes, but also some slides to wear during lunch. I sweat a lot, and lost a bunch of water weight over the two days. Drink lots of water and power aid and you will be fine.

Sponsored

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
I took Voodoo GT350ā€™s comment to mean that it is unfortunate folks attending a Ford-based performance driving school have to talk up their more exotic German and Italian car preferences. Nothing wrong with having those preferences, but maybe donā€™t talk about how the p-car is so much better than the car that brought everyone together in Charlotte. I admit my interpretation is partly based on personal interactions.

Agreed, thanks for the insight into what to wear and bring...among other things, I hadnā€™t even thought about sunglasses until you posted about it.

Voodoo GT350, what part of MT are you in? Iā€™m a MT native, in the Denver metro now. Iā€™ll see you there 8/6.
Currently have been in Missoula for 4 years and I spent 5 years in Billings before that. See you next Thursday!

ARDrummond25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Im in Sacramento and head over to Carmel quite often. Whats going on at Laguna on August 28? Is November 27, the Turkey run or something like that? I am always driving the GT350 to Carmel, and could meet up. Jess
hooked on driving has an event at Laguna on 8/28 and you got it on Nov 27, Shelby club track event. Friday after Thanksgiving

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
hooked on driving has an event at Laguna on 8/28 and you got it on Nov 27, Shelby club track event. Friday after Thanksgiving
I've been looking into the Hooked on Driving deal. I may seriously conducer trying to make that one too.

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
Iā€™ve posted this before but figured Iā€™d post again for everyone who didnā€™t see it 3 months ago. This was my experience at track attack. This might answer some of your questions about what to expect.

Cool video, thanks for posting! It answers many questions!

Sponsored

ARDrummond25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I've been looking into the Hooked on Driving deal. I may seriously conducer trying to make that one too.
HoD is beginner oriented but that works fine for me until I'm getting slowed down in their advanced group (which I'm not). Only things I would say there are to know about them that you can't find from poking around online would be that there was an enormous amount of Porsches there (probably 50% of all cars) and the level of service from the HoD organizers far exceeded my expectations. Whatever they claim to provide online, they provide that or more.

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Anyone hear anything from their home states about travel restrictions requiring quarantines / negative tests? Looks like Mass is issuing new rules starting 8/1 requiring negative tests or 14 day quarantines after travel to high risk states....NC being one of them...

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Anyone hear anything from their home states about travel restrictions requiring quarantines / negative tests? Looks like Mass is issuing new rules starting 8/1 requiring negative tests or 14 day quarantines after travel to high risk states....NC being one of them...
14 day quarantine is required here in NJ after traveling to NC.

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
14 day quarantine is required here in NJ after traveling to NC.
I don't have enough PTO to do a 14 day Quarantine and I'm not 100% sure I'd even get a negative test result in time to return to work the following week.... What a mess.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
I just got back from Charlotte and had a great time. I was a little worried about how all lead-follow would be, but it turned out to be pretty fun. They broke everyone out into groups based on the instructors judgement of skill and that meant everyone got to go at a pretty good clip relative to their comfort zone. Definitely worth the trip. Even paid to have my wife come as a guest driver and she thought it was worth it, only she wishes a guest upgrade to a GT350 would have been possible. We both drive our GT350 and I offered for her to take my spot on many occasions, but she declined and said the GT would be fine. She told me afterwards that she wished she had more power out on the oval and should have taken the 350. :cwl::cwl:
Sponsored