Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Agh, I should've booked this two weeks ago when I called. Called today and all 2020 sessions are booked up, with at least 3 people waitlisted. No 2021 dates scheduled as of now :(.
There will be some openings. It is doubtful that I will be keeping my spot as I don't see how I will feel comfortable getting on an airplane in 2020.
Sponsored

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
There will be some openings. It is doubtful that I will be keeping my spot as I don't see how I will feel comfortable getting on an airplane in 2020.

I've flown cross country four times since April and am still alive and well. Unless you have a serious underlying health condition like stage 4 cancer, I would not sweat it. Judging by the 4,500 people I walked by in Dallas two weeks ago, no one else is worried either.

Just bring your own snacks, American gave us 2008 dated pretzels and a 6 oz bottle of water on the plane.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I would not sweat it.
Thanks Dr. Lonegunman. You do what you feel is best for you and your family. I worked for a major airline for 37 years and there is no way I am getting in a cagar tube full of germs for 4 1/2 hours before I am vaccinated.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
What brands of helmet and suit are they?

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thanks Dr. Lonegunman. You do what you feel is best for you and your family. I worked for a major airline for 37 years and there is no way I am getting in a cagar tube full of germs for 4 1/2 hours before I am vaccinated.

Then don't. No one said you had too. Stay home and tell your friends how you almost did something cool.

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Then don't. No one said you had too. Stay home and tell your friends how you almost did something cool.
I will not go. I bought a Winston Cup car from Bud Moore in 1992 and have hours of track time. So no I will not call my friends and tell them I almost did something cool. I have already done something very cool.

AZMach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
18gt350 19raptor 73mach1 68fastback 71&76broncos
i just did mine on monday flying home on sunday this is something you dont want to mis out on bring your mask and hand sanitizer

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I will not go. I bought a Winston Cup car from Bud Moore in 1992 and have hours of track time. So no I will not call my friends and tell them I almost did something cool. I have already done something very cool.
Well good for you. Do you want a cookie?

My step-dad worked for Holman and Moody for years, I had all sorts of cool T-shirts from them.

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
So who else is dropping out? I need a spot......

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
What brands of helmet and suit are they?
Are you serious? How does that matter?
I am going to bring my own helmet and race suit to eliminate cross contamination, but how is the brand of the equipment make the overall experience any different?

Sponsored

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R & ā€˜19 ZL1 1LE
Same here, not getting on a plane right now, seems a bit reckless. Iā€™ll be road tripping 3200 miles round trip because the wife and I need to get out of the house but try to be as safe as possible at the same time. Iā€™m not sure where the cavalier attitude comes from. Sure, donā€™t live life scared, but donā€™t be reckless either.

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
Flying out Saturday to spend a few days in South Carolina before my wife and I attend on 8/6. Looking forward to it!

Quick question, what do you wear when you show up the day of? I imagine some sort of tennis shoes are good, shorts and T-shirt. Iā€™m sure it will be hot and humid as ā€œBallsā€!

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Decent tennis shoes, shorts or even gym shorts to change into ( they have freshly laundered one piece Sparco racing suits) for outwear. T-shirt or whatever you want that is going to get soaked. They provide a Nomex helmet liner and you get to keep it. The cars are cleaned and disinfected and the door handles taped down, so you got a cleaned car and no one got in it but you. When you got to the skid car or the instructor car they disinfected between drivers or passengers. Classrooms you sat 6 ft apart or next to your guest.

They have helmets, if you bring your own helmet it needs to be miked because they talk to you on the radio. You can wear your own suit, we had one guy who brought his own two-piece Sparco suit, no issues. Some guys wore driving shoes, most guys wore tennis shoes. No one wore gloves, no even the instructors. You really didn't need sunglasses, but if you are comfortable with them on and they fit in the helmet, have at it. I don't recall having a glare issue in any direction, between the visor and the seating position the sun was not a problem.

They use Zamp RL-70E helmets with installed HANS and radio. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/zsc-h761001xxl

AC did not work in any of the cars from what people said, they are track cars. If you wanted air, it blew hot so windows down was a must. Start hydrating a day or two before if you do not tend to drink a lot of water.

Lunch or breaks were fun, talking abut driving, hearing about everyone's GT350 or their trip plans. There were a select few who had to tell us about their future plans to upgrade from lowly GT350s or how they stepped down to a Ford for some reason. So if you own an old stock car or have went to other "EXPENSIVE" driving classes, maybe you owned a few BMW's with non-working turn signals and a Drakkar Noir spritzer on the visor and feel you are socially situated above your classmates, remind them often.

Last edited:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
There were a select few who had to tell us about their wife or girlfriend is rich and buying a Porsche or how they stepped down to a Ford for some reason.
***For the Record***
I was there at the same time and my wife owns a Cayman... but none of those words were spoken by me... not a single one!

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
Decent tennis shoes, shorts or even gym shorts to change into ( they have freshly laundered one piece Sparco racing suits) for outwear. T-shirt or whatever you want that is going to get soaked. They provide a Nomex helmet liner and you get to keep it. The cars are cleaned and disinfected and the door handles taped down, so you got a cleaned car and no one got in it but you. When you got to the skid car or the instructor car they disinfected between drivers or passengers. Classrooms you sat 6 ft apart or next to your guest.

They have helmets, if you bring your own helmet it needs to be miked because they talk to you on the radio. You can wear your own suit, we had one guy who brought his own two-piece Sparco suit, no issues. Some guys wore driving shoes, most guys wore tennis shoes. No one wore gloves, no even the instructors. You really didn't need sunglasses, but if you are comfortable with them on and they fit in the helmet, have at it. I don't recall having a glare issue in any direction, between the visor and the seating position the sun was not a problem.

They use Zamp RL-70E helmets with installed HANS and radio. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/zsc-h761001xxl

AC did not work in any of the cars from what people said, they are track cars. If you wanted air, it blew hot so windows down was a must. Start hydrating a day or two before if you do not tend to drink a lot of water.

Lunch or breaks were fun, talking abut driving, hearing about everyone's GT350 or their trip plans. There were a select few who had to tell us about their wife or girlfriend is rich and buying a Porsche or how they stepped down to a Ford for some reason. So if you own an old stock car or have went to other "EXPENSIVE" driving classes, maybe you owned a few BMW's with non-working turn signals and a Drakkar Noir spritzer on the visor and feel you are socially situated above your classmates, remind them often.
Appreciate the time you took to respond, it means a lot and is appreciated. This helps me to have a good game plan.

Your comments on social standing are unfortunate. Insecurity can be a real weakness for some....
Sponsored