Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I think that is likely to happen. I am scheduled for April 13th so expecting something from them myself.
I'm scheduled the week after and this Thursday is the last day to bail out with 90% of $ recovered (I have a driving guest).
There may be no flights or if we're blowing up on contagious numbers then it may not be worth pushing forward.
One thing's for sure - I now know the steroid injections for my lower back wont happen before I go so I may not be much of a driver or traveler in general.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Just got back from todays GT350 Track Attack and it really is a blast. No worries about catching anything - they're really taking all the precautions and seriously, it's not like we're all in a confined space sharing germs. 90% of the time you're in the car and when we're in the classroom, they space everyone apart as much as possible. I know there are lots of things out of our control, including whatever the gvmt requires but for now if you're going and worrying about catching something - don't. The staff at FPRS are fully aware of the situation and took great care of us.

Cars are all disinfected by the shop before we use them.
You're in the same car all day except for the skid car.
Racing suits are dry cleaned, every day. Tomorrow we'll be in different suits than we used today.
Helmets are disinfected before we use them.
Hand sanitizer at every seat in the class room.
Hand wipes in the garage for in between sessions.
Every bathroom I used had full soap dispensers.
The moment you put the helmet on, you forget everything about the rest of the world and will say "covid-what???"

Unforgettable - hitting 110 on the banking and the sound of a bunch of other Voodoo engines roaring in their element.
Braking HARD from that, grabbing 3rd and squiggling through the chicane at 70 to roll back into the happy part of the torque curve for the front straight. These cars are just amazing.

We had 8 drivers and one guest. Really looking forward to day 2.
-Brian M

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Just got back from todays GT350 Track Attack and it really is a blast. No worries about catching anything - they're really taking all the precautions and seriously, it's not like we're all in a confined space sharing germs. 90% of the time you're in the car and when we're in the classroom, they space everyone apart as much as possible. I know there are lots of things out of our control, including whatever the gvmt requires but for now if you're going and worrying about catching something - don't. The staff at FPRS are fully aware of the situation and took great care of us.

Cars are all disinfected by the shop before we use them.
You're in the same car all day except for the skid car.
Racing suits are dry cleaned, every day. Tomorrow we'll be in different suits than we used today.
Helmets are disinfected before we use them.
Hand sanitizer at every seat in the class room.
Hand wipes in the garage for in between sessions.
Every bathroom I used had full soap dispensers.
The moment you put the helmet on, you forget everything about the rest of the world and will say "covid-what???"

Unforgettable - hitting 110 on the banking and the sound of a bunch of other Voodoo engines roaring in their element.
Braking HARD from that, grabbing 3rd and squiggling through the chicane at 70 to roll back into the happy part of the torque curve for the front straight. These cars are just amazing.

We had 8 drivers and one guest. Really looking forward to day 2.
-Brian M
Killer, thanks for sharing! I’ll be there tomorrow afternoon.

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
Jess here. I'm headed out there for the July 1,2 and 3 event. Wednesday is the dinner and Thursday/Friday is track days. Anyone one else going?

Sponsored

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
Jess here. I'm headed out there for the July 1,2 and 3 event. Wednesday is the dinner and Thursday/Friday is track days. Anyone one else going?

I was schedule for the two day event this week but cancelled last Sunday evening. I spoke to Jill and she was very nice and explained what someone had already posted about the disinfection procedures they are following. I run a company in the infection control business that is based in Kirkland Washington. Yes the same Kirkland that is the epaulet center of the virus.
I am not sick but I didn't think is was fair (given the 2 flights I needed to take to get there and the fact that I was from Kirkland) to potential expose others. This virus is serious no matter what they say on Fox News and as a GT 350 community we should be very careful and thoughtful about group events going forward. Not sure what Fords plan is there in Charlotte for the future but for those of us that have to travel long distances and spend several night there in a hotel it just wasn't worth the risk from my stand point. I clearly miss the opportunity to be part of the fun and the educational event but there always is seat time here in the Northwest during the upcoming season .

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
I cant get them to respond to my trying to schedule. Oh well....

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
I cant get them to respond to my trying to schedule. Oh well....
I got an email from them today stating that my scheduled date of April 12-13 is still on. Honestly starting to seem irresponsible at this point. I have not cancelled yet but gets more likely every day that I will.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
onestly starting to seem irresponsible at this point.
They are being very short sighted and irresponsible. I guess it is anything for a buck. I don't care if they disinfect the suits, helmet, and cars I still have to take a 4 hour flight to get there. Not to mention all the restaurants are closed for my stay. There is no way in hell that I will be going at the end of April. I am sure my flight will be canceled by then anyway. Why would any airline keep flying trips with 20% load factors?

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Neighboring county to the track, Mecklenburg (Charlotte), just issued a stay at home order. Expect the same for the rest of the state soon.

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Neighboring county to the track, Mecklenburg (Charlotte), just issued a stay at home order. Expect the same for the rest of the state soon.
Yeah I have no doubt they will be forced to shut it down, just waiting for someone else to force it. Likely they don't want to deal with a bunch of entitled Shelby owners whining about the costs and travel etc :)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.