Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

wjs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350; Previous: 2017 GT350, 2016 GT350, 2012 BMW 135i
My son and I just arrived in Salt Lake City this morning. Looking forward to it!
Sponsored

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
I realized today that that application says "must apply and attend" in one year from purchase. Not just apply.

So, I called about my November car the other day, and was told I missed my chance.

Maybe from when I went to the Boss track attack, I forgot this.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I plan on doing this next year, but have a question - is this applicable to everyone (i.e. not just those that track their cars)? I've never driven on a track and probably never will.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I plan on doing this next year, but have a question - is this applicable to everyone (i.e. not just those that track their cars)? I've never driven on a track and probably never will.
Still applies.....and well worth it.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
If you can afford the travel it is well worth it. It was my first time on a road course type track and I learned so much about driving and the car specifically. The instructors were great as well. It was an excellent experience all around. I was lucky and had a small class of me and 4 or 5 others. I would highly recommend it.

Sponsored

sk8nSam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350, 2005 Lotus Elise
I realized today that that application says "must apply and attend" in one year from purchase. Not just apply.

So, I called about my November car the other day, and was told I missed my chance.

Maybe from when I went to the Boss track attack, I forgot this.
In July when they told me this year's Track Attack was sold out, the guy said they were going to extend that one year time limit.

MattyMo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankshipintl.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
In July when they told me this year's Track Attack was sold out, the guy said they were going to extend that one year time limit.
I called about a month ago and spoke to them for about 5 min and can confirm the same thing. I took delivery last November and once it was sold out they decided anyone who hasn't yet attended due to that in 2017 can call back in Jan of 2018 and get on the schedule. They did make it sound like I was supposed to make it early in the spring.

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Who's planning on going in 2018 and what time of year?

I hoping to get there April-May time frame myself.

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
I called about a month ago and spoke to them for about 5 min and can confirm the same thing. I took delivery last November and once it was sold out they decided anyone who hasn't yet attended due to that in 2017 can call back in Jan of 2018 and get on the schedule. They did make it sound like I was supposed to make it early in the spring.
That sure isn't what the gentleman that I talked to told me. I was told that I was flat SOL, which made me hella sad, and not a little piqued, because I loved track attack with my Boss so much.

I guess I call again in a few months and try again?

Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Right here! Not sure what date yet but def sometime in the beginning of summer. Will wait on official dates to plan the trip out.
I was there in May of 2017. The week before I was there it was in the 80's. The week I was there it was in the 40's and rain the first day and there was three inches of snow on the ground the second day when I woke up. As I was told that time of year you never know, good luck!!!!!!!!

Yes, I still loved it:headbang:

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
That sure isn't what the gentleman that I talked to told me. I was told that I was flat SOL, which made me hella sad, and not a little piqued, because I loved track attack with my Boss so much.

I guess I call again in a few months and try again?
I had the same experience - called in to reserve my spot early last month and was told it was full and I was out of luck and put on a wait list of more than 10 folks, to which she said my chances were slim. I was totally bummed! Glad to hear some of you are getting extensions. Sounds like it's just luck of the draw in terms of who answers the phone. If any of you have any further insight or suggestions on this, it would be much appreciated as I was really looking forward to attending.

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just got back from Utah. Holy crap, that was a good time! I didn't realize what the car was really capable of until today.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Good to hear you had a great time! The car is amazing, isn't it? Your car will never feel the same now that you know what it can do. I figure there's a good reason they don't do the hot laps until the end of the day. If us mortals tried to duplicate the instructor's skills, we'd be in the gravel. The toughest part for me was leaving the track in my el-cheapo rental car - a Nissan Versa. Talk about a shock!
Sponsored