Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford program had a special $99 rate at the Comfort Inn near the track when I went last year. Not sure if they still have that or not?
I went to Hyatt Place near the SLC airport for $94 a night.
Sponsored

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Will check into it, thank you! Were there any restaurants around it, or did you have to drive into SLC? We've never been to Utah, so this is all new to us :)
I stayed at the Comfort Inn for $99/night in mid-june of 2017. FPRS has a discount code on the website. Nice hotel, not fancy but clean. It's a 10-15 minute drive to the track from there. Much better than staying in Salt Lake. There aren't that many restaurants around; in particular if you're looking for fancy. People in Tooele are salt-of-the-earth types. I found Jim's Family Restaurant in Tooele to be good choice for home-style diner food. There's a Denny's by the Comfort Inn, but Jim's is a better choice.

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
I did the track attack yesterday. It was a blast - best day ever. We stayed at Hampton Inn in Tooele because I'm a Hilton guy. The Booneville micro-brewery on the other end of Main St has good beer and decent food. The Dairy Delight is straight out of my childhood and had good chocolate-vanilla swirl. ;)

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
My buddy and I are going back this year Aug 6-8. I bought a second R and he "bought" a VIN from another colleague so he can go back. We had such a great time last year (Sept 21), we had to go back (2 day option both times). But this time, instead of heading home Wed, we're going to Vegas (all I can think about is the TV commercial of the guy's Vegas postcard to his wife with the frowny face emoji...LMFAO). Yeah cum on. :headbang: Guys week out. :thumbsup:

Hope to see some of you there (in the freaking solar wind like heat). :headbang:

Last edited:

keltykid350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 GT350
I did the track attack yesterday. It was a blast - best day ever. We stayed at Hampton Inn in Tooele because I'm a Hilton guy. The Booneville micro-brewery on the other end of Main St has good beer and decent food. The Dairy Delight is straight out of my childhood and had good chocolate-vanilla swirl. ;)
Best and hottest day ever!! Plenty of cold water at all the events though. Hats off to Ford Performance and our instructors for making us all better drivers and showing us just what our factory stock cars can to. Don't pass up this great school if you can swing it!

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Signed up today for oct 26-27 AND got a yaris rental:headbang:

her5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anastasia
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/PP
Best and hottest day ever!! Plenty of cold water at all the events though. Hats off to Ford Performance and our instructors for making us all better drivers and showing us just what our factory stock cars can to. Don't pass up this great school if you can swing it!
We are flying out tonight for a 2-day Track Attack starting with the reception on Sunday and we are super excited! I'd imagine it'll be extremely hot and humid outside so I am going to pack a misting fan to be safe LOL

censport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW M3/2011 BMW X5/ 2017 GT350R
this might have been covered, but it's a long thread.

how much is the second day option for the BOSS 302 race car?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Just curious: Are experienced drivers (like HPDE Instructors) attending the Track Attack, or is it geared more towards drivers new to or less experienced with track driving?

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Just curious: Are experienced drivers (like HPDE Instructors) attending the Track Attack, or is it geared more towards drivers new to or less experienced with track driving?
I know that [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28258]THX[/MENTION] went when I did last year (much more experienced track drivers than me). You might be bored in the morning, but the last couple track sessions allow passing. I think it would be worth the cost of a flight and hotel, even if you don't have enough reward points to cover them.

There was very little classroom/instruction time; most of the time was spent driving.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I know that [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28258]THX[/MENTION] went when I did last year (much more experienced track drivers than me). You might be bored in the morning, but the last couple track sessions allow passing. I think it would be worth the cost of a flight and hotel, even if you don't have enough reward points to cover them.

There was very little classroom/instruction time; most of the time was spent driving.
It must depend how the group looks to the instructors (or who the instructors are) because we were not allowed to pass when I was there in April.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It might be too late for me - I purchased my car 1 year ago tomorrow! It would be all out of pocket for me - I suppose, for the cost, I could sign up for a few nearby HPDEs, if I decided to get back in (it's been 11 years!). It might have made a good refresher, though.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

What ^he said... :)

We were on the West track and we were allowed to pass on the front straight only but with mandatory pointbys. I got held up on one ahead of me during my second session. The best and most fun was the third/last session. I'm actually going back on September 16th.... and yes I'm still eager/excited to go even again.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back in the day, in the Instructor group, we used to have passing anywhere, with a point by. Very cool! Of course, I was usually the one giving the point by...except in the rain, when the big dogs sat it out, and I was in my element.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Back in the day, in the Instructor group, we used to have passing anywhere, with a point by. Very cool! Of course, I was usually the one giving the point by...except in the rain, when the big dogs sat it out, and I was in my element.
Lol, it's all good. Give & take... I regularly give pointbys nowadays in the Miata- on the straights that is. :ninja:

But still fun as shyt! :D
Sponsored