OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
@APEX Race Parts I saw on your IG that you are releasing the SM10 in bronze for Porsche.

any plans for us?đź‘€
As the SM-10 continues to grow in popularity among Mustang enthusiasts, we'll be able to expand our offerings on that design. 18" SM-10 fitments are coming first in a few months, then I'll look into the feasibility of adding Bronze to future production runs after that!

Do have any info about the owner's profile on Mustang6g or social media? I'd like to learn more about this build and see more pictures!
Hi, we do not sorry. He does have an account on this forum however.
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
As the SM-10 continues to grow in popularity among Mustang enthusiasts, we'll be able to expand our offerings on that design. 18" SM-10 fitments are coming first in a few months, then I'll look into the feasibility of adding Bronze to future production runs after that!
Music to my ears

1611680168584.gif

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
then I'll look into the feasibility of adding Bronze to future production runs after that!
local powdercoater can take care of that. That way you're not stuck with inventory in a color that isn't moving. Maybe offer a 'raw' option for a discounted price instead and let the buyer do whatever they want?

OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
local powdercoater can take care of that. That way you're not stuck with inventory in a color that isn't moving. Maybe offer a 'raw' option for a discounted price instead and let the buyer do whatever they want?
We do not sell unfished wheels, too many variables with that process for it to be suitable on a larger scale.

If someone wants to buy a wheel with the intention of having it changed to a different finish, I'd recommend getting Race Silver if available.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I just snagged a set of EC7 in 19x11 with ET52. I am planning on using them for autocrossing/HPDE on my '18 Roush RS2. The tire size I'm looking at is 305/30-19. Is there anything I need to get beyond extended studs and spacers? I've got the Roush single adjustables on it. I'm curious if I'll need to get camber plates for it. Also, I had thoughts of moving them over to my '08 Bullitt occasionally. It's got the FR3A adjustable suspension kit under it. Will need anything other than extended studs and spacers? Anything I else I need to look out for? Would a narrower (295?) cross section potentially require less modification? From what I've seen it's typically just camber adjustment. I really don't know how much negative camber either car is capable of without adding camber plates. The Roush is at factory height of -1.5" front and -1" rear. The '08 Bullitt is about 1" drop front and back. Once I get them on I'll post some pictures. The matte bronze looks really nice with both the Royal Crimson on the '18 and Dark Highland Green on the '08.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I just snagged a set of EC7 in 19x11 with ET52. I am planning on using them for autocrossing/HPDE on my '18 Roush RS2. The tire size I'm looking at is 305/30-19. Is there anything I need to get beyond extended studs and spacers? I've got the Roush single adjustables on it. I'm curious if I'll need to get camber plates for it. Also, I had thoughts of moving them over to my '08 Bullitt occasionally. It's got the FR3A adjustable suspension kit under it. Will need anything other than extended studs and spacers? Anything I else I need to look out for? Would a narrower (295?) cross section potentially require less modification? From what I've seen it's typically just camber adjustment. I really don't know how much negative camber either car is capable of without adding camber plates. The Roush is at factory height of -1.5" front and -1" rear. The '08 Bullitt is about 1" drop front and back. Once I get them on I'll post some pictures. The matte bronze looks really nice with both the Royal Crimson on the '18 and Dark Highland Green on the '08.
Congrats on the new wheels. Great quality for sure.
Apex has a fitment guide on their site
https://support.apexraceparts.com/h...5483093-S550-Mustang-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

You will definitely need plates to reach the necessary camber. Or at least I haven’t seen it done without it

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium

Hi, we do not sorry. He does have an account on this forum however.
Do you know his username by chance?

OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congrats! As others have said, you have to use camber plates on S197 and S550 Mustangs in order to achieve any useful negative camber. There is no factory adjustment, and camber bolts that replace the spindle bolts decrease valuable inner clearance. We really like the Vorshlag and Ground Control plates as they offer the most adjustment and use the best materials.

OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Check out Formula D driver Justin Pawlak's 2017 Roush Performance P51D prototype on a set of 18" APEX EC-7s in Matte Bronze!

APEX Wheel Fitment Specs:
  • Front/Rear: 18x11" ET52 EC-7s with 315/30-18 Falken 615K+ tires
Owner's Instagram

49627210473_96eafce7b9_b.jpg

49627725421_6b8352ddb6_b.jpg

Sponsored

Ivan214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0 GT Triple Yellow
Any info on a new group buy for Feb/March? Still deciding between Apex wheels or SVE Sp2.

OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Any info on a new group buy for Feb/March? Still deciding between Apex wheels or SVE Sp2.
There will no longer be any Group Buys planned for existing product, at least for the foreseeable future. Rising manufacturing costs are taking its toll, along with a few other factors. We will still run sales and other promotions at various times throughout the year, and likely will run a sale on Mustang wheels in March/April, but it won't be a Group Buy format. There will still be great savings though! Not to mention, it's still the best deal out there for a track ready wheel even at retail pricing, especially when you factor in our APEX 360 Program.

OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Take a look at our customer Steve's track prepped 2018 GT on a set of 19" APEX SM-10 wheels in Race Silver.

APEX Wheel Fitment Specs:
  • Front/Rear: 19x11" ET52 SM-10 with 305/3019 tires
  • Additional Modifications: 25mm front spacer with extended studs

49124870642_b453be5cd8_b.jpg

49124870617_527579da59_b.jpg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What widths are planned for the new 18" SM-10s? Any chance of an 11.5"option?

Hoping for a sale soon... Looking for some 18" wide wheels in 11"+

OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What widths are planned for the new 18" SM-10s? Any chance of an 11.5"option?

Hoping for a sale soon... Looking for some 18" wide wheels in 11"+
18x10" ET40 and 18x11" ET52 are the two sizes on this initial release. They will be put on an introductory sale as well! Should be 45-60 days from now.
Sponsored